It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Goff is beyond full of shit. I cannot listen to the commercials on 890. I flip and this fucking guy says that when he listens to white shows there are all these references that he doesn't get. This guy made his career calling into Boers and Bernstein. He grew up in Evanston. Then he says white people do not understand the 6 with Jemele Hill. And this is great programming. Bernstein just nods. This is the guy who hates the Boy Yah network.

The Score is beyond fucked. It's not a fan station or a smart fan station. It's for people with a chip on their shoulder. And total idiots. I've heard about five minutes a day the last few weeks. I'm done.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I remember my first beer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've said it before.

Goff ain't right.

Something is wrong with him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Jason does say some odd/problematic things in service of his weird grotesque of black masculinity: outing closeted gay men, calling David Foster Wallace a coward for committing suicide, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Jason does say some odd/problematic things in service of his weird grotesque of black masculinity: outing closeted gay men, calling David Foster Wallace a coward for committing suicide, etc.

Goff talking about DFW seems odd, for some reason. Does he claim to have read his work?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 am 

It was right in the wake of DFW's death, so it was Dan and Terry doing the talking with producer Jason popping off out of turn. Dan was trying to explain to Jason that depression is an illness that claims lives and Jason wasn't having any of it -- suicide being yet another thing Brothers Don't Do. It should go without saying that I found this distasteful on multiple levels.

I'm having trouble picturing Jason diving into David Foster Wallace. "What do you mean you wouldn't go on another free cruise? How does that make you sad?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:51 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
It was right in the wake of DFW's death, so it was Dan and Terry doing the talking with producer Jason popping off out of turn. Dan was trying to explain to Jason that depression is an illness that claims lives and Jason wasn't having any of it -- suicide being yet another thing Brothers Don't Do. It should go without saying that I found this distasteful on multiple levels.

I'm having trouble picturing Jason diving into David Foster Wallace. "What do you mean you wouldn't go on another free cruise? How does that make you sad?"

Ahh, so it was Indignant Jason. I remember being a "hurr durr, it's the easy way out" piece of crap, too, in junior high.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Goff is beyond full of shit. I cannot listen to the commercials on 890. I flip and this fucking guy says..........

lol. Yea right, bud.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Jason does say some odd/problematic things in service of his weird grotesque of black masculinity

This touches on why "social justice" is horseshit. It's easy to rail against white men. You're probably not going to get any heat for slamming some white Christian guy. But we don't want to discuss things like the rampant homophobia among black men or the subjugation of women by Muslims.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Jason does say some odd/problematic things in service of his weird grotesque of black masculinity

This touches on why "social justice" is horseshit. It's easy to rail against white men. You're probably not going to get any heat for slamming some white Christian guy. But we don't want to discuss things like the rampant homophobia among black men or the subjugation of women by Muslims.

All white men are terrible. Didn't you get that memo?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Is that an Ortell's? :lol: I had so many cool cans in my late 70's/early 80's can collection.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:39 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Never heard that but find it odd he got away with it. Dan thinks he was his buddy as they corresponded.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Spot on. Someone should analyze why it is that such a big thing as on the down low needs to exist.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 am 

Chus wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

typical Cubbie fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:33 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Goff is beyond full of shit. I cannot listen to the commercials on 890. I flip and this fucking guy says..........

lol. Yea right, bud.

Yeah. I made up a story to fool a guy named Hockey Gay on the Internet. Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano talking about their new show was the commercial.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:34 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Disagree with anything?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 am 

pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Never heard that but find it odd he got away with it. Dan thinks he was his buddy as they corresponded.

He didn't really get away with it, Dan was pretty annoyed in his having to explain how antidepressants work and why suicide is not a personal failing, as I recall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
there is no such thing as a personal failing. society is a failure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Remember how Goff was so angry that missing black girls and women weren't the bold headlines across the country?

Well is he going to have anything to say about the coverage of Semaj Crosby from Joliet and the fact that this 16 month old black girl was basically discarded by the inhabitants of the house she lived in?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

likemarsen wrote:
Remember how Goff was so angry that missing black girls and women weren't the bold headlines across the country?

Well is he going to have anything to say about the coverage of Semaj Crosby from Joliet and the fact that this 16 month old black girl was basically discarded by the inhabitants of the house she lived in?

Goff: Brothers don't talk about things like that. Ya cracker ass motha fucka!!!!

likemarsen: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:

I suspect that any sane, decent person would have the same reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
likemarsen wrote:

That story is beyond sad . Sounds like another DCFS failure . They were at the house like 2 hours before the girl disappeared and pronounced everything looked ok then 2 days later the girl is found dead in "deplorable " conditions . That poor child. People are fucking monsters .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I suspect that any sane, decent person would have the same reaction.

Goff mocked Mac's depression illness as well. Among the many things he mocked about Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Goff ain't right.

He's just a pandering twat. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Fortunately, for the remaining listeners, he is the second seat on a show with a first seat that people are well versed in calling bullshit on.

Unfortunately, he is yet another example of simplistic leftist bullhist that should make an actual liberal bang their head against the wall when you think of the future of liberal politics and the Democratic party, when they take their cues from idiots like him. The GOP is approaching their greatest point of power in 80 years because of hyperbolic fact hating turds like him.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
*nope*

Last edited by likemarsen on Mon May 01, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
likemarsen wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
likemarsen wrote:

That story is beyond sad . Sounds like another DCFS failure . They were at the house like 2 hours before the girl disappeared and pronounced everything looked ok then 2 days later the girl is found dead in "deplorable " conditions . That poor child. People are fucking monsters .

No doubt Goff will claim that the DCFS agent was white and, as such, has no right to call that living condition deplorable nor should those people have been checked on by a non-black DCFS agent.

Im going to go all BernStine and say the rumor I heard about what actually went down is just disgusting . Too terrible to share . Hope it's not true .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
likemarsen wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
likemarsen wrote:

No doubt Goff will claim that the DCFS agent was white and, as such, has no right to call that living condition deplorable nor should those people have been checked on by a non-black DCFS agent.

our experience is the opposite. african american dcfs workers are way more lenient towards their fellow african american parents. i'm not saying its bad though all the time. dcfs has not the funds to be preventative. they have to be more reactionary. i think they try and be preventative in their own way with their own "people". i don't mind it but in a case liek the one above its horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Really, likemarsen? Do you not realize that there are several black men that read this board daily? One, in fact, is one of the moderators?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i thought WaitingforRuffcorn was saying he's black . oops