All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 5/3: It's the Media!
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
but there's a lot of talent on this team. They would still be playing right now and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Rondo doesn't break his thumb in the first round.

there's a lot of talent ? care to point out who, other than Butler ?

Rondo and Lopez. Wade was ok this year but hopefully you replace him with a better, younger option in free agency. Portis and Valentine could be decent. Guys like Felicio and Zipser are fine as bench rotation guys. I'm sure you'll laugh at this because they aren't the Warriors but I think with Rondo as a starter their sample size is big enough that it's clear they are a pretty decent team.

You think taking a 2-0 lead against the Celtics and outscoring them by 18 was a fluke?

OK, c'mon....Rondo and Lopez ? I do like Lopez and think he's a solid piece, but I wouldn't cite him as evidence of having talent. When you're qualifying your statements with "could be decent" and "bench rotation guys", that's not exactly high praise.

And yes I do think the 2-0 lead was a fluke...as evidenced by the fact Boston came back to take 4 straight and is currently up 2-0 on the Wizards. Yes i'm aware of the impact Rondo had, but I still think had he played the entire series Boston would still have come back

I guess we just disagree. I think the Bulls would've won in 5 if Rondo stayed healthy. They had Boston figured out and Boston had no answer. When you're starting NBDL guys at point in a playoff series it's petty tough to win.

Thank you FF for being one of the few along with Matches to provide an opinion that doesn't involve one note Hoiberg bashing. I found it funny that the answer to beating Boston became a matter of simply starting Isaiah Canaan. Even if Hoiberg is an issue lack of talent is a larger issue.