It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5/3: It's the Media!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
During transition Goff said The mealy-mouthed media who cover this team let John Paxson and Gar Forman get away with this stuff...

Well, why don't you get your badass self down there and ask the tough questions? Or, since you have your own radio show, get both of them on your show and ask them the tough questions?

Post subject: Re: 5/3: It's the Media!
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
Some kind of expertise shown by Goff.

Rose's injuries screwed the Bulls. No combination of moves since then point would have put them in any better spot than they are right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Is it possible Jason knows he's talking about Bernstein, especially when he mentioned those in the media who "allowed Paxson to scapegoat Derrick Rose by leaking injury updates to the media about how he's doing in practice"? Because that was Dan's rallying cry throughout most of that showdown between Rose and management: "He's. Killing. It. In. Practice."

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
That stuttering bitch Goff covered the Bulls, never did that pussy ask a tough question.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Is it possible Jason knows he's talking about Bernstein, especially when he mentioned those in the media who "allowed Paxson to scapegoat Derrick Rose by leaking injury updates to the media about how he's doing in practice"? Because that was Dan's rallying cry throughout most of that showdown between Rose and management: "He's. Killing. It. In. Practice."

I think he does. At one point when Bernstein was ranting about Gar and Hoiberg this year, Goff kept saying stuff like "this is what you wanted." The you in that case could be seen as referring to GarPax but it applied just as much to Bernstein, who's been a bigger sycophant for the front office than even the useless beat writers.

I just tuned in, but is he still trying to exclude Paxson from any responsibility for this mess? He finally started breaking bad on Gar this season, but was still saying stuff like "I just wish Paxson was able to demonstrate his vision for this team, because this obviously isn't his fault."

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm 

I don't get the outrage by these two. The NBA is a two or three team league. Are they really raking Garpax over the coals for not being one of those teams when their window slammed shut after the Rose injury?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

I think he does. At one point when Bernstein was ranting about Gar and Hoiberg this year, Goff kept saying stuff like "this is what you wanted." The you in that case could be seen as referring to GarPax but it applied just as much to Bernstein, who's been a bigger sycophant for the front office than even the useless beat writers.

I just tuned in, but is he still trying to exclude Paxson from any responsibility for this mess? He finally started breaking bad on Gar this season, but was still saying stuff like "I just wish Paxson was able to demonstrate his vision for this team, because this obviously isn't his fault."

Throughout Jason's rant--which was damn good, BTW--during transition, Bernstein kept spouting "the business is doing great" when criticism would focus on Reinsdorf/Paxson. It's hard to not see that as an abdication, on some level, of blame on Paxson for the team's performance.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed May 03, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
During transition Goff said The mealy-mouthed media who cover this team let John Paxson and Gar Forman get away with this stuff...

Well, why don't you get your badass self down there and ask the tough questions? Or, since you have your own radio show, get both of them on your show and ask them the tough questions?

Did not hear it, but you nailed it. He is in the media. Why is he going after other media members for not going after Bulls management. You have a platform Jason. If you want to go further develop sources and write something about the situation. It's pathetic to say the media did not do their jobs when you tout yourself as a basketball expert. Do your job to quote Thibs.

Jason sure has a chip on his shoulder about WMVP. He did an entire segment about who he could "throw hands" with there. Rage over their failed GarPax coverage I guess.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
312player wrote:
That stuttering bitch Goff covered the Bulls, never did that pussy ask a tough question.

Bernstien does the same shit

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if team performance were actually tied to profitability then reinsdorf would do something about team performance

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:43 pm 

billypootons wrote:
if team performance were actually tied to profitability then reinsdorf would do something about team performance

For the "only Championships matter" guy in this town, Dan seems to gleefully note that the goal of this ownership group is not to win Championships.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Goff just tried to lecture fans for continuing to attend games despite how bad and dumb that press conference was. This is rich first because much like the Knicks, the Bulls are in an area where their attendance figures won't struggle due to bad on-court performance simply because of the amount of corporate money around them. If you want a measure of the regular fans he thinks he's lecturing, look at the falling Bulls ratings this year.

But beyond this, both Jason and Dan spent a lot of 2012 chastising the fans of another mediocre Reinsdorf team precisely for not attending games. Indeed, the only plausible explanations for low attendance in that instance were racism because of the location of US Cellular and anti-Semitism for finding Reinsdorf cheap.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
That Heyward interview was embarrassing.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
leashyourkids wrote:

Wha' happen?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
MartyD47 wrote:
Rose's injuries screwed the Bulls. No combination of moves since then point would have put them in any better spot than they are right now.

Well, not signing Wade and Rondo, not trading for Payne, not drafting buster after buster, moving Butler, not hiring Hoiberg....for starters

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

Heyward came off great. They kept trying to lead him to certain answers like talking shit about Matheby and the Cardinals and he wasn't having it. Just answered with his own view on every leading question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:08 pm 

Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Well, not signing Wade and Rondo, not trading for Payne, not drafting buster after buster, moving Butler, not hiring Hoiberg....for starters

:lol: what? So you think they'd be better off if they were the Nets or something?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Jason has taken Dan to task, very specifically for being a owner's mouthpiece, and for taking management's side.

He's clearly been in Tibs club.

They just had a guy on yesterday who clearly said that the Bulls young talent is wanted around the league, and the (non) development of their young talent is squarely on Fred. They have very quickly forgotten that whole interview today.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
leashyourkids wrote:

I have yet to hear it but I'm guessing Jason asked some terrible "since you're black and play baseball you must have thoughts" type of questions.

Goff has a poor handle on the lauguage. He said some shit like "people don't speak up on things like 'I don't get in that lane and get down like that'."

He's not cool, or down, and he doesn't have an ear to the street. He just uses vague phrases like that because he is unable to speak in nuanced terms let alone think in a nuanced fashion

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

:lol: what? So you think they'd be better off if they were the Nets or something?

i think they'd be better off making a full rebuilding effort, yes.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Fair enough. I disagree.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Fair enough. I disagree.

so you feel they should continue to try and build around Butler and hope to sign a good free agent ? or what ?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Yes. They would be better off tearing everything down and starting from scratch. The Nets are a terrible example because they mortgaged their entire future away with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Fair enough. I disagree.

so you feel they should continue to try and build around Butler and hope to sign a good free agent ? or what ?

Yes, basically. It won't matter as long as Hoiberg is around because he's truly awful but there's a lot of talent on this team. They would still be playing right now and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Rondo doesn't break his thumb in the first round.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:19 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Yes. They would be better off tearing everything down and starting from scratch. The Nets are a terrible example because they mortgaged their entire future away with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight.

Ok fine, the lakers and 76ers then. No thanks

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

Ok fine, the lakers and 76ers then. No thanks

I'm not necessarily in the trade Butler camp. He has a very cap friendly contract. I think if they would have begun the rebuild this year they might be able to turn things around in time and still have a couple years of Jimmy in his prime when they are good again. Instead they will now languish in the 7,8,9,10th seed and Jimmy will waste away and ultimately leave for nothing.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:36 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I'm not necessarily in the trade Butler camp. He has a very cap friendly contract. I think if they would have begun the rebuild this year they might be able to turn things around in time and still have a couple years of Jimmy in his prime when they are good again. Instead they will now languish in the 7,8,9,10th seed and Jimmy will waste away and ultimately leave for nothing.

You're probably right but again I would say that's almost entirely because of Hoiberg. The record when Rondo starts vs when he doesn't this year is significant. The Celtics were 0-2 against the Bulls with rondo and are 6-0 otherwise in the playoffs. This should've been the 46-48 win team I predicted if Hoiberg didn't go off the rails this year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
but there's a lot of talent on this team. They would still be playing right now and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Rondo doesn't break his thumb in the first round.

there's a lot of talent ? care to point out who, other than Butler ?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
but there's a lot of talent on this team. They would still be playing right now and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Rondo doesn't break his thumb in the first round.

there's a lot of talent ? care to point out who, other than Butler ?

Rondo and Lopez. Wade was ok this year but hopefully you replace him with a better, younger option in free agency. Portis and Valentine could be decent. Guys like Felicio and Zipser are fine as bench rotation guys. I'm sure you'll laugh at this because they aren't the Warriors but I think with Rondo as a starter their sample size is big enough that it's clear they are a pretty decent team.

You think taking a 2-0 lead against the Celtics and outscoring them by 18 was a fluke?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm 

Tanking/rebuilding in the NBA doesn't work unless there is a top 10 all-timer available in the draft.