It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
God I hope this doesn't mean that Julie gets to have that 11-6 shift. Give it to one of the producers.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
312player wrote:
I don't think it has anything to do with Bernstein, he just got pantsed and lapped by Parkins and Dicaro just lapped him..a demotion when your 42 and been at the job for 20 years is a shot across the bow.

I think more like 10-12yrs.

They tried having him host on the weekends before, just didn't work out. I don't think he knows much outside of the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Cashman wrote:
312player wrote:
I don't think it has anything to do with Bernstein, he just got pantsed and lapped by Parkins and Dicaro just lapped him..a demotion when your 42 and been at the job for 20 years is a shot across the bow.

I think more like 10-12yrs.

They tried having him host on the weekends before, just didn't work out. I don't think he knows much outside of the Cubs.

Even his Cubs thoughts were awful, maybe he can go back to Herman sporting goods.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-abbatacola-47b1501b

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:
What a fucking loser :lol:

All that condescension for all those years on air and now he's an unemployed 40+ year old living hand to mouth in a shitty apartment paying child support for three kids who will grow up ashamed of their piece of shit father. He never had any right to talk to people the way he did and now he has to wallow in the realization that nobody, not even his employer of 20 years or mother of his three children, gives a shit about anything he has to say. Rarely does the universe deliver such perfect karmic justice.

You'll read about him swinging from a rope in the next 5 years as his kids start to reject him.

Did Matt steal your lunch money or something? Jesus.

i'm sure a lot of people stole his lunch money in his day.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 am 

Maybe this will free up some money to bring back Dicaro to full time......

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The back story is probably JDC filed a HR harassment suit against Matty and the Score and that is why she was off a while. Now he takes the forced resignation and she parades back into her rightful status.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I'm still a Matty guy. His on air persona changed with the Bernsteinization of 670.

He was an enjoyable listen before 670 became the station for the "smart fan". He tried adapting to the Bernstein culture which was a terrible fit for him.

You could tell he was solid when Terry and him did shows. They shot the shit for 5 hours without trying to sound like douches.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
I'm still a Matty guy. His on air persona changed with the Bernsteinization of 670.

He was an enjoyable listen before 670 became the station for the "smart fan". He tried adapting to the Bernstein culture which was a terrible fit for him.

You could tell he was solid when Terry and him did shows. They shot the shit for 5 hours without trying to sound like douches.

Yep. He was also fine on his weekend shifts. Bernsie is very smart in the way he just basically took over things. Too bad his vision wasn't better radio.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Not necessarily Matty doing the harassment. Could also be a hiring practices thing. I had a buddy who lost a job that way, got hired into the agency and an existing employee filed a grievance and won, and he got dropped at the 90 day mark to make it go away.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:27 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

Yes. I would say the whole B&B crew also got quite lazy and didn't work to evolve and improve which damaged drinky's future job prospects. It's cool to brag about not having show meetings but they probably are important.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
I hope Hawk still calls broken bat contact a "Matt Abattacola"...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:

This.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:06 am 

newper wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He didn't treat Dan like his radio dad the way Jason did.

I think he would tell you he had regrets about the way he treated several people, not just Dan -- the guy has been there since he was Club Lodge's leader and certainly has evolved as a person, like anyone else would do over this many years. I think realistically it is probably a good ideato move on at this point; maybe other opportunities would await in other radio environments, but at the same time, why in the hell would you want to stay in a dying medium like that if you had any sort of opportunity in something else. Local radio folk aren't that far away from the Sun Times reporters at this point. The writing on the wall has been on the wall for a while, and if you haven't broken through to a on-air featured talent at his age and in his life situation, it is worth considering a move to another industry, especially if you have an in.

It was a big joke among all those guys at the Score a while ago but I said at the time that fireman would be a great career move for them.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

This.

Matty, just like Lawrence, seems to be going through an existential crisis. Matt's is a little different in that his entire world, not just work existence, has been turned on its head. I hope he gets through it ok and is a better person on the other end.

The first domino to fall in all of this was Bernstein making the boob comment. The ripple effect has damaged everyone at the station but him.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 am 

Matt would probably be a great fit as a partner to Jurko or a third wheel/producer on that show.

However, the truth is that all of the non on air jobs are lower than entry level type of work that should only be held until you have obligations in life. I bet Matt would be great in sales and would double his salary even working on straight commission.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He must not have liked his promotion.

I always liked him and hope he does well. I guess you can't stand up to Bernstein and live to tell about it.

Or maybe you shouldn't fuck a sponsor's wife.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I bet Matt would be great in sales and would double his salary even working on straight commission.

Sure, till he stuck his dick where it didn't belong again.

I wasn't a fan of Matt the last several years but if he did lose his job because of the big oinker, as pittmike postulated, that would suck a lot.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I bet Matt would be great in sales and would double his salary even working on straight commission.

Sure, till he stuck his dick where it didn't belong again.

Electrical socket?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I always liked him and hope he does well. I guess you can't stand up to Bernstein and live to tell about it.

Duh DING!!!

He read ads for his bed....he made his bed....he banged ICEGIRL on his bed (AND THEN THE DUMBASS TOOK PICS OF HER on HIS BED!!!)

He's a complete FUCKTARD!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is bad?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
likemarsen wrote:

he hasn't called it that in a long time...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Bagels wrote:
likemarsen wrote:

I think Hawk retired that when Matty gave him crap for the "catchers wearing skirts" comments he made a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am 

Bagels wrote:
likemarsen wrote:

Maybe he forgot?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 am 

It would be too early for Matt to be freeing himself up for work at the Third Talker, right?

Or maybe reading updates isn't what he thought it would be. Though in that regard you have to hand it to him: His are the most casual, "conversational" reads that modern ad agencies cream themselves over.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
What a fucking loser :lol:

All that condescension for all those years on air and now he's an unemployed 40+ year old living hand to mouth in a shitty apartment paying child support for three kids who will grow up ashamed of their piece of shit father. He never had any right to talk to people the way he did and now he has to wallow in the realization that nobody, not even his employer of 20 years or mother of his three children, gives a shit about anything he has to say. Rarely does the universe deliver such perfect karmic justice.

You'll read about him swinging from a rope in the next 5 years as his kids start to reject him.

You'd think he slept with some guy's wife or said he hoped everyone's teenage daughter got knocked up with vitriol like that.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am 

Who knows what he is up to? I think he can probably do well in the off air radio business. After all Mitch was a producer. Either way I am really surprised not one of us dopes here ever were able to foster a real inside score source.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 am 

pittmike wrote:
Who knows what he is up to? I think he can probably do well in the off air radio business. After all Mitch was a producer. Either way I am really surprised not one of us dopes here ever were able to foster a real inside score source.

Do YOU want to make friends with Jay Zawaski?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I'm starting to doubt there will be a third sports station, or that there should be given the shitty rimshot signal it would have. Even 87.7, that "bad signal" whose signal was so bad that they're beating US99, XRT, the Loop, 1000, and BEZ with their MOR playlist, was a downtown signal.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
He was ok. Better than MANY still there.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am 

I don't think Matt is any worse than Jason on the air. Interesting how things work out in these guy's careers. I think a show with Matt and Goff would be more interesting than the Bernstein/Goff pairing.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next