It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizzeria Di Maria
Hi, all. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

A friend in the know told me Matty gave his notice last week at the Score. Matty doesn't have another gig lined up and supposedly no longer wants to work in radio, although my friend doesn't believe that'll last and thinks he'll wind up at another station (probably still producing.) Also, no mention of Matty being with the station in his Twitter bio.

How about that...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Breaking news!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Back when Terry retired, someone in the B&B facebook group more or less intimated that Senor wanted Matt out.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Interesting. This message will self destruct?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: from scratch
Pizza Antiva?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Librarian wrote:
Hi, all. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

A friend in the know told me Matty gave his notice last week at the Score. Matty doesn't have another gig lined up and supposedly no longer wants to work in radio, although my friend doesn't believe that'll last and thinks he'll wind up at another station (probably still producing.) Also, no mention of Matty being with the station in his Twitter bio.

How about that...

it saved

not surprising given his demotion... it was apparent to me that the matty - dan bitterness was real and not a bit.

someone reach out to matty to get him on here for an AMA, we promise no ice girl questions

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
billypootons wrote:
we promise no ice girl questions

Speak for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm 

He hasn't tweeted anything personal since May 6th. Only Retweets. Coincides.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:53 pm 

Matty got kneecapped when he was supposed to move to the Mike North Morning Show but got taken off for office-political reasons. He was board darling once upon a time but what a long way down it's been. The only person we turned on harder was Dan.

He probably wasn't long for the Score after Terry, pretty much his chinaman, left the building. He didn't treat Dan like his radio dad the way Jason did.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizzeria Di Maria
Goggles wrote:
Pizza Antiva?

Argh, I meant Pizzeria Antica in Bloomingdale. Food service crust but the best cheese, sauce and pepperoni I've ever had. You will get diarrhea but completely worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:59 pm 

Beardown is gonna jizz all over his computer and radiator that he has the girl chained to after he sees this thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
He probably wasn't long for the Score after Terry, pretty much his chinaman, left the building. He didn't treat Dan like his radio dad the way Jason did.

Matty definitely took Terry retiring the hardest. Almost worse than Terry himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I hope he gets everything all sorted out somehow or another.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
spmack wrote:
Beardown is gonna jizz all over his computer and radiator that he has the girl chained to after he sees this thread.

Live from Beardown's basement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6IXzPmuHA

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Matty would be a good candidate to spill all of the behind the scenes back stabbing.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I always liked Matt. I think I may have told this story before... But when I had McBrides I had a remote and it as supposed to be Matty, Goff and Peruke(sp). They were going to be the next big thing, $5500.00 bucks for 2.5 or 3 hours. All of a sudden I get a call and I get Hub and Uncle Fuzzy Tea Bag. Turned out great Doug was the coolest ever and Hub was actually very cool.
I always thought it was Matt who shot that 3-some down.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Matty would be a good candidate to spill all of the behind the scenes back stabbing.

why im willing to withold icegirl questioning

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:19 pm 

mcbrides wrote:
I always liked Matt. I think I may have told this story before... But when I had McBrides I had a remote and it as supposed to be Matty, Goff and Peruke(sp). They were going to be the next big thing, $5500.00 bucks for 2.5 or 3 hours. All of a sudden I get a call and I get Hub and Uncle Fuzzy Tea Bag. Turned out great Doug was the coolest ever and Hub was actually very cool.
I always thought it was Matt who shot that 3-some down.

There was a Matt/Laurence/Zaidman morning show that Mitch tried to make happen on weekends but it never took off.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Curious Hair wrote:
He didn't treat Dan like his radio dad the way Jason did.

I think he would tell you he had regrets about the way he treated several people, not just Dan -- the guy has been there since he was Club Lodge's leader and certainly has evolved as a person, like anyone else would do over this many years. I think realistically it is probably a good ideato move on at this point; maybe other opportunities would await in other radio environments, but at the same time, why in the hell would you want to stay in a dying medium like that if you had any sort of opportunity in something else. Local radio folk aren't that far away from the Sun Times reporters at this point. The writing on the wall has been on the wall for a while, and if you haven't broken through to a on-air featured talent at his age and in his life situation, it is worth considering a move to another industry, especially if you have an in.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Librarian gets the best intel.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
What a fucking loser :lol:

All that condescension for all those years on air and now he's an unemployed 40+ year old living hand to mouth in a shitty apartment paying child support for three kids who will grow up ashamed of their piece of shit father. He never had any right to talk to people the way he did and now he has to wallow in the realization that nobody, not even his employer of 20 years or mother of his three children, gives a shit about anything he has to say. Rarely does the universe deliver such perfect karmic justice.

You'll read about him swinging from a rope in the next 5 years as his kids start to reject him.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
America wrote:

All that condescension for all those years on air and now he's an unemployed 40+ year old living hand to mouth in a shitty apartment paying child support for three kids who will grow up ashamed of their piece of shit father. He never had any right to talk to people the way he did and now he has to wallow in the realization that nobody, not even his employer of 20 years or mother of his three children, gives a shit about anything he has to say. Rarely does the universe deliver such perfect karmic justice.

You'll read about him swinging from a rope in the next 5 years as his kids start to reject him.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
America wrote:

Did Matt steal your lunch money or something? Jesus.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
So much for Beardowns promotion theory.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: goddamn. I thought I didn't like drinky. Then I read Americas post

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Best of luck to him in all of his future extramarital affairs. Any truth to the rumor he's going to work for a Prosecco distributor ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:41 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
America wrote:

Awesome post. Meat pants is a jerkoff hack. Can't wait to never hear his voice or dumb sports thoughts again.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:34 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:

Spittin hot Fiya!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 am 

He must not have liked his promotion.

I always liked him and hope he does well. I guess you can't stand up to Bernstein and live to tell about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I don't think it has anything to do with Bernstein, he just got pantsed and lapped by Parkins and Dicaro just lapped him..a demotion when your 42 and been at the job for 20 years is a shot across the bow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next