It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peter Pan grew up. Why do you guys find it such a difficult story to believe? He's not the first producer at the station to leave the industry.

His pay far exceeded your estimates. He was doing ok for himself at the station and had side gigs.

If it's like you suggest, and maybe you're right, that he was doing quite well at the SCORE financially, then why quit with 2 kids? It's not like it was heavy lifting either.

Any other gig will be a starters pay and much harder with longer hours. 8 hours as opposed to 5 hours.

Because I didn't say quite well

So what is your guess at what he was pulling down per year?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
spmack wrote:
Maybe Doug can have Mac talk to him.

I'd wager a nickel that Dr. Ken has Mac's cell phone number...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I don't know who that is.

And then it snowballs. Right down the toilet.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm 

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peter Pan grew up. Why do you guys find it such a difficult story to believe? He's not the first producer at the station to leave the industry.

His pay far exceeded your estimates. He was doing ok for himself at the station and had side gigs.

If it's like you suggest, and maybe you're right, that he was doing quite well at the SCORE financially, then why quit with 2 kids? It's not like it was heavy lifting either.

Any other gig will be a starters pay and much harder with longer hours. 8 hours as opposed to 5 hours.

70-80 base with CBS benefits and at least 10 in promotional work

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Are you and spmack just messing with me? I don't know drinky but over the past year he has had major adjustments to both his private and professional life. He no longer has a two income family and he did not receive the promotion he was anticipating.

I honestly don't know how this works. Never been married so I haven't had the good fortune of a divorce. I'm not talking about drinky, just in general, when divorces happen where 2 married people were working, how does it work?

Obviously she was responsible for some of the life costs while they were married. The husband has to pay child support. I get that. But I wonder if it's the same cost as when he was married. If what he has to pay was basically what he was paying as a married dad anyway.

Granted, if the husband has to get an apartment and still pay for the old mortgage, that's a bitch. I would think you would want to sell that house quickly and have her get her own apartment or small condo.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Beardown wrote:
I would think you would want to sell that house quickly and have her get her own apartment or small condo.

Board divorcees....does this happen often? I always thought the wife got the house and the husband got an efficiency apartment where he drinks himself stupid on a daily basis. That's what I would do.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

40k to 50k. Not worth it to CBS

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not a prayer for those numbers.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Right now Matty is earning ZERO, unless Icegirl is paying for drinks.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Then I would say that's great money. Quite well. Especially considering the hours. 25 hour work week to get 70-80k. Just to read for 2 minutes every half hour. Do a couple of commercials. That's unbelievable. Plus there is absolutely no stress or pressure to the job. You just read the damn scores and sports info.

His next job will be a 40 hour work week and it won't be near 70-80k to start. And he'll actually have to answer to a boss. Unlike at the SCORE where Mitch didn't give a shit what anybody did or didn't do.

So I'll ask you again, why quit with that type of money, with an easy job, at those hours, with 2 kids and nothing else to go to?

Doesn't make sense to me. Will never make sense to me. That's why I'm not buying that he quit.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Are you and spmack just messing with me? I don't know drinky but over the past year he has had major adjustments to both his private and professional life. He no longer has a two income family and he did not receive the promotion he was anticipating.

I honestly don't know how this works. Never been married so I haven't had the good fortune of a divorce. I'm not talking about drinky, just in general, when divorces happen where 2 married people were working, how does it work?

Obviously she was responsible for some of the life costs while they were married. The husband has to pay child support. I get that. But I wonder if it's the same cost as when he was married. If what he has to pay was basically what he was paying as a married dad anyway.

Granted, if the husband has to get an apartment and still pay for the old mortgage, that's a bitch. I would think you would want to sell that house quickly and have her get her own apartment or small condo.

Someday perhaps reality will smack you in the Caller Bob. You really live in another world from the rest of us.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Scooter wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Someday perhaps reality will smack you in the Caller Bob. You really live in another world from the rest of us.

I was asking a god damn question. If you got divorced, answer it. Jesus Christ!!!! Why does this post get hate? Yes, I do live in a world where I don't know how divorce works. I admit that. I admitted that in my initial post for the love of god.

Nobody that is close to me has ever gotten a divorce. So, no, I don't how it works. Asking here cuz it came up. Sorry if it offends you.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Michaels on Broadway
Sometimes a change of scenery isn't a bad thing, I learned that myself.

I value the time I worked with Matty. I interned under Laurence and Matty in which I learned a the building blocks for what has been now a 14 year career in radio.

I'll always consider him a very good friend.

He was the point person for one of the longest running and successful sports talk shows in the market. That has major value, and I fully expect him to find something fairly soon and only success will follow. Whether that's in radio or not.

Just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation. Always enjoy checking in back home.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rock wrote:

I value the time I worked with Matty. I interned under Laurence and Matty in which I learned a the building blocks for what has been now a 14 year career in radio.

He was the point person for one of the longest running and successful sports talk shows in the market. That has major value, and I fully expect him to find something fairly soon and only success will follow. Whether that's in radio or not.

Just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation. Always enjoy checking in back home.

That's nice. Glad somebody from the SCORE (past or present) can say some nice things about drinky. Why do you think there is a "Gag order" about this on current Score guys, Rock?

Rock and drink (Drink has to be the black guy for this)

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Rock wrote:

Hey Rock! Heard your station when I was down in Tampa for a week. Good stuff!

Though I will say, after one successful podcast with Dr. Ken, how bout a job? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Offman was the last update person to make anything remotely like that.

He was wacked 12 or 13 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think Ofman was making right around $100,000 until Hernandez and North promised him $7 million a year working for the Webio.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think Ofman was making right around $100,000 until Hernandez and North promised him $7 million a year working for the Webio.

:lol: :lol:

Dr. Ken should do a webio episode of the podcast. I'm sure the guy North bought pampers for would show up another case of diapers.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He was not.

he was making $82K and was going to get wacked because of it

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
How are these guys topping out at $80K and living in the city with families? Do they live in 500 square foot apartments?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
leashyourkids wrote:
How are these guys topping out at $80K and living in the city with families? Do they live in 500 square foot apartments?

i thought george just had a lot of cats

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
leashyourkids wrote:

Maybe their wives work. It's not that expensive to live in most places in the city. Obviously your home won't be sitting on an acre of land.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Maybe their wives work. It's not that expensive to live in most places in the city. Obviously your home won't be sitting on an acre of land.

Ofman had a house in Edgewater. He and his wife bought it well before real estate prices began escalating there. I'm pretty sure his wife got a job after finishing her PhD.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
He was not.

he was making $82K and was going to get wacked because of it

I thought he was making an annual salary of 79K, but he definitely was going to get jettisoned because his salary was too high.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
he was making 83

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:15 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So 70 would be a an almost 15% reduction from that number for a person with 15 years of seniority at the position. Am I off on what his promotional work would fetch?

Last edited by good dolphin on Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
So 70 would be a an almost 9% reduction from that number for a person with 15 years of seniority at the position. Am I off on what his promotional work would fetch?

Producers earn less than reporters. And the salaries for reporters/update anchors have been cut pretty drastically over the past decade. That's what brought us Julie DiCaro.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
he was making 83

Reasonably sure it was $78,693.42/yr

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm 

Beardown wrote:
[
So I'll ask you again, why quit with that type of money, with an easy job, at those hours, with 2 kids and nothing else to go to?

Doesn't make sense to me. Will never make sense to me. That's why I'm not buying that he quit.

because the easy lifestyle of his job lead him down a path of ruination

I saw plenty of CBOT people leave more money on the table for the same reason

Also, I think you are underestimating what a good salesperson with experience working on commission can make. I believe that was his situation before he joined the big lights of the entertainment industry

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
[

because the easy lifestyle of his job lead him down a path of ruination

I saw plenty of CBOT people leave more money on the table for the same reason

Also, I think you are underestimating what a good salesperson with experience working on commission can make. I believe that was his situation before he joined the big lights of the entertainment industry

No. I do understand that good salespersons can make a lot of money. Thank you. But drinky doesn't work until 1pm. So he can interview for those jobs before he quits. He's got all morning. That's my main point. He left with nothing lined up.

Or he was fired. That makes more sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next