It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
leashyourkids wrote:
In reading the thread, I don't think anyone is pro-adultery. They're just questioning why people are so upset about someone else's decisions. He is not the only person who has ever cheated.

it's one thing to just hurt a significant other through such transgressions. It's another to wreck the home life of your young children

That picture of his 2 kids in his small studio is depressing, and I say that with sincerity. I also say with sincerity that I hope he finds a career that pays better than 670 while being a less toxic environment.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
According to this 4 out of 10 marriages in America have encountered adultery. It's a shitty thing to do, but it's not the uncommon situation some make it to be.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/infidelity-statistics/

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
In reading the thread, I don't think anyone is pro-adultery. They're just questioning why people are so upset about someone else's decisions. He is not the only person who has ever cheated.

it's one thing to just hurt a significant other through such transgressions. It's another to wreck the home life of your young children

What he did was wrong, but why do others care so much? Wishing death on him or hoping he commits suicide? That's psychotherapy-worthy.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

What he did was wrong, but why do others care so much? Wishing death on him or hoping he commits suicide? That's psychotherapy-worthy.

I sincerely wish him the best and think that outside of a 670 like environment, he will find that. He probably could make a decent living selling cars, houses, or medical devices. He has the charisma to sell.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That picture of his 2 kids in his small studio is depressing, and I say that with sincerity. I also say with sincerity that I hope he finds a career that pays better than 670 while being a less toxic environment.

Exactly. I agree. I'm not gonna treat the guy like he's a saint, but I don't want someone who simply can't keep his dick in his pants to fail at life. It's not like he's a wife beater or kiddie diddler. Then he could die, and I wouldn't really care.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
According to this 4 out of 10 marriages in America have encountered adultery. It's a shitty thing to do, but it's not the uncommon situation some make it to be.

No one is saying it's uncommon. We are saying that it's awful, especially when children are involved.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

SHOTS FIRED at fellow adulterer PittMike!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:09 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

No one is saying it's uncommon. We are saying that it's awful, especially when children are involved.

I agree.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I sincerely wish him the best and think that outside of a 670 like environment, he will find that. He probably could make a decent living selling cars, houses, or medical devices. He has the charisma to sell.

Ashley Madison content manager .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Lets not forget his religious leanings either which he liked to trot out from time to time .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This escalated, somewhat quickly... All this speculation is like a car wreck, don't want to look, but can't stop.

Regardless of what Matty may or may not have done, it's pretty crazy to have such deep emotions about someone who was on the radio. It was nice having someone confident enough to poke the Bernstein and now we're just left with Laughy Goff.

I just want someone at the station confirm that Julie won't be returning to the day time updates. I can avoid her at night when I'm not at work and I don't want to hear her butcher the 'news' every 30 minutes...

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am 

ChiliDavisEyes wrote:
This escalated, somewhat quickly... All this speculation is like a car wreck, don't want to look, but can't stop.

Regardless of what Matty may or may not have done, it's pretty crazy to have such deep emotions about someone who was on the radio. It was nice having someone confident enough to poke the Bernstein and now we're just left with Laughy Goff.

I just want someone at the station confirm that Julie won't be returning to the day time updates. I can avoid her at night when I'm not at work and I don't want to hear her butcher the 'news' every 30 minutes...

Or maybe... And this is just a thought... You really don't have take my advice, but maybe... Don't listen.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am 

ChiliDavisEyes wrote:

You can avoid her altogether by going up the dial or finding some great podcasts on iTunes. I personally recommend Pardon My Take, Barstool Rundown, Podfathers, Zero Blog Thirty, and Spittin Chicklets.

PMT in particular draws A grade guests every show.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Lets not forget his religious leanings either which he liked to trot out from time to time .

That's part of the reason I don't look at his adultery with such scorn. The guy was [likely] indoctrinated into the Invisible Man Club by his parents, and given his chosen course of undergraduate study, as well as what his brother does for a living, I'm guessing they took a pretty hard line on the G-O-D. He was probably brainwashed into thinking marriage is the only desirable outcome of a personal relationship. The problem is, what happens when a partner turns out to be malignant, or personalities clash while living together in a way that didn't occur while dating, or if needs aren't being met, and on and on? He (or she) is supposed to be stuck in that life because of...what, exactly?

And yeah, I know "the kids". You know what's much more important to their development and growth as positive members of society than parents living together (who hate each other)? The parents making an effort to be in the lives of their children, and to support them when and where they can. Drink looks like he is doing just that, and that is something to be commended, not shamed.

Even the concrete loss of ad revenue brought on by his philandering is...meh. So the station lost a fly-by-night mortgage jockey? There's plenty more where that came from.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
ChiliDavisEyes wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
spmack wrote:
ChiliDavisEyes wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it has been nice not having to hear her do updates... ZZ seems to be picking up the slack right now... fine with me, he is a competent radio guy when he's not carrying water for the bear

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

On the scale of things that are "awful" I would put if very far down the line. I think that publicly shaming people for adultery is some pretty morally bankrupt behavior.

There are a lot of children growing up in broken homes because we as a society have decided that marriage means these often times sexless miserable experiences. Call me old fashioned, but that was not human history for the first couple of hundred of thousand years or so. And most of this judgement and shame is wrapped up in Puritanical craziness. It's not good behavior to lie to your spouse obviously, but I do not understand the joy in putting people into stockades as a result.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

On the scale of things that are "awful" I would put if very far down the line. I think that publicly shaming people for adultery is some pretty morally bankrupt behavior.

There are a lot of children growing up in broken homes because we as a society have decided that marriage means these often times sexless miserable experiences. Call me old fashioned, but that was not human history for the first couple of hundred of thousand years or so. And most of this judgement and shame is wrapped up in Puritanical craziness. It's not good behavior to lie to your spouse obviously, but I do not understand the joy in putting people into stockades as a result.

So ruining the lives of his children is low down the line of awful behavior, got it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:47 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

So ruining the lives of his children is low down the line of awful behavior, got it.

That's presupposing a faulty major premise.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Nobody will forget as long as you are scouring Twitter all day, under many aliases, just to point out the hypocrisy of local radio hosts.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[So ruining the lives of his children is low down the line of awful behavior, got it.

this guy gets it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Has there been anything in the news? Larz site?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[So ruining the lives of his children is low down the line of awful behavior, got it.

this guy gets it.

Seriously, the spouses can get over infidelity, it's hard, but they can get past it. It's the kids who have their lives irreparably damaged by a selfish dad chasing a piece of ass.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Would you guys who are so judgmental end a friendship if your buddy was cheating? Would you tell his wife? Or would you mind your own fucking business?

A friend of mine who I played in a band with used to pick up a lot of chicks. He was married and his wife was smoking hot. One night we were playing this bar at Division and Damen that doesn't exist anymore and this cute girl is standing right in front mooning over my guy. He ended up getting drunk and high with her and banging her in his car. Afterward she passed out in the backseat.

The next morning there was a party at his wife's aunt's house in the suburbs. He had to get there but he didn't know what to do with the girl. So he drove over there, changed his shirt, and went to the party, leaving the girl in the car.

The whole family was sitting around the backyard when suddenly the broad comes staggering in all disheveled looking for my buddy. That didn't go over so well. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

this guy gets it.

Seriously, the spouses can get over infidelity, it's hard, but they can get past it. It's the kids who have their lives irreparably damaged by a selfish dad chasing a piece of ass.

Who is raising these pussy ass kids who can't get over their dad cheating? Snowflake millennial shit right there.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Their lives are ruined now. Ok. Glad you have talked about this with them. Want some real awful behavior- look at the article about the children with fetal alcohol spectrum issues, the children growing up in Syria right now or the kids sewing your Nikes together in Bangladesh.

I do not understand wanting him to die in a gutter over this. Will that help his kids?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Would you guys who are so judgmental end a friendship if your buddy was cheating? Would you tell his wife? Or would you mind your own fucking business?

A friend of mine who I played in a band with used to pick up a lot of chicks. He was married and his wife was smoking hot. One night we were playing this bar at Division and Damen that doesn't exist anymore and this cute girl is standing right in front mooning over my guy. He ended up getting drunk and high with her and banging her in his car. Afterward she passed out in the backseat.

The next morning there was a party at his wife's aunt's house in the suburbs. He had to get there but he didn't know what to do with the girl. So he drove over there, changed his shirt, and went to the party, leaving the girl in the car.

The whole family was sitting around the backyard when suddenly the broad comes staggering in all disheveled looking for my buddy. That didn't go over so well. :lol:

This is what's baffling me. I promise you all know people and are probably related to some who have committed infidelity. Did you get on your moral high horse with them? If not, why do you care so much about a local radio producer? It's really nobody's business but his own.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I would say something, because if this were happening to me, I would wanna know.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Their lives are ruined now. Ok. Glad you have talked about this with them. Want some real awful behavior- look at the article about the children with fetal alcohol spectrum issues, the children growing up in Syria right now or the kids sewing your Nikes together in Bangladesh.

I do not understand wanting him to die in a gutter over this. Will that help his kids?

whataboutism doesn't change the facts of what he did and is a bullshit argument.

Yeah pretty sure he fucking damaged his kids on some level emotionally through this.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This is what's baffling me. I promise you all know people and are probably related to some who have committed infidelity. Did you get on your moral high horse with them? If not, why do you care so much about a local radio producer? It's really nobody's business but his own.

Did you ever consider the fact that perhaps our opinions in this matter are influenced by those we know who were victims of or affected by infidelity?

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next