It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:23 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You just don't know true radio talent, CH. Talent which warranted a 3-year deal.

One of you enterprising Twitter trolls should remind him that the length of a deal is irrelevant. The guaranteed money is all that matters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
It is pretty easy to hear that Goff is more confident on air. He has been pretty aggressive in explanations/opinions. Not angry, just feeling it...

But yeah, no soul movement. Don't forget that there are two choices for Chicago centric sports radio at any given time. Mostly a lesser of two evils.

Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad...when all I really want is a ham sammich.

There's a reason PMT from the guys at Barstool is so widely successful (aside from them being good and funny). MANY are growing tired of SJW radio (WSCR) and banal sports take factories (CBS Radio syndicated shows, national ESPN stuff), and as a result there's a growing market for a sports-talk/hot-talk fusion. For awhile program directors thought the rock/sports-talk format was too good to be true (hello WDRV and Mac), and as it turns out it was. Maybe this is the ticket.

Seriously this. I used to consume hours of 670 a day. Now I can say I've consumed less than 3 hours of it during this entire calendar year.

As I alluded to in the 'what podcasts are you listening to' thread, those podcasts have taken over my listening time. PMT is appointment listening at this point. How can you not enjoy their great interviews and the stunts they pull such as the Vanny Woodhead saga, or PFT leaving his fucking wallet at Verizon Center to try to un-jinx the Caps. Their Nate Silver interview was gold when PFT asked him if he could provide sabermetrics for dog fighting.

And by "Hot talk" I don't mean Brian and Stewie's rendition of shock jock radio on Family Guy, just more of a fun, lighthearted, at times raunchy show with sports as a jumping off point.

Mike North without the racist undertones

And with more, better, elocution.