It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I heard B & G sat that they've known about the Addison Russell situation for at least three weeks.
Why wasn't anything said in that period of time?
Don't you think it's incredibly smug for someone to say they knew about a breaking news story all the time but neglected to report on it?

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Someone who isn't blocked, message this to Julie. See if we can trigger her into going off on them and getting herself fired :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
SteveSarley wrote:
I heard B & G sat that they've known about the Addison Russell situation for at least three weeks.
Don't you think it's incredibly smug for someone to say they knew about a breaking news story all the time but neglected to report on it?

KC Johnson wrote:
I don't quite see your point here, Sarley.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
SteveSarley wrote:

They said the Cubs have known about what's up the last few weeks. B & G never said they knew about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:37 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:

They said the Cubs have known about what's up the last few weeks. B & G never said they knew about it.

They certainly seemed to have a lot of information about the situation for people who heard about it last night.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sounds like Terry's answering machine is chock full of good info.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
This happens all the time, and for good reason.

For example, people know about Tiger Woods's cheating for years but didn't say anything until they couldn't not say anything. While I understand the stark difference between infidelity and domestic violence, reporters (usually) maintain a level of journalistic restraint...

...until they have enough evidence from sources to make their reporting rock solid (i.e. "they won't get sued").

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 am 

Great show 3 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:

Sorry, Ron, you are wrong.
Dan said to Jason something like, "How long ago was it that I told you about this? Three weeks?"
Jason said, "Yeah. Three or four weeks."

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
known about what, exactly? that Russell beat his wife? how did they know about that? how would anyone know about that unless Russell was bragging about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
known about what, exactly? that Russell beat his wife? how did they know about that? how would anyone know about that unless Russell was bragging about it.

I'm guessing about the baby momma on the side stuff not the alleged physical abuse .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hatchetman wrote:

Dan said during transition (paraphrasing) was the Cubs have been aware of an unseemly family situation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
They intimated last year that Addison had some issues with cheating and being out on the town. I don't think they knew about the DV rumor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am 

City of Fools wrote:
They intimated last year that Addison had some issues with cheating and being out on the town. I don't think they knew about the DV rumor.

the DV issue is the only one that matters. NOBODY cares if a baseball player is cheating on his wife.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:02 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
NOBODY cares if a baseball player is cheating on his wife.

Spanky cares.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
NOBODY cares if a baseball player is cheating on his wife.

Spanky cares.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Instead of saying that you've known for three weeks, just say that your contact has given you additional information. Like Sarley said, it makes you sound like some smug asshole. "Yeah, I already knew because I know everything already, sometimes even before it actually happens, because I'm that good at being an afternoon sports talk radio host."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm 

They got it from Terry's guy, who knew it for six weeks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

If they knew about it for three weeks, and believe domestic violence accusers should be given the benefit of being credible as victims, how could they not report this? Didn't they shield Russell by not saying something?

For a station that took the position that Patrick Kane was guilty without actual evidence and that the Blackhawks should have pre-emptively suspended a player without evidence or charges to support the allegations, and a show that now prides itself on being ahead of the curve on social issues, even moreso since the presidential election, how could they stay quiet when they had such knowledge of a situation this explosive?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:39 pm 

BD wrote:
If they knew about it for three weeks, and believe domestic violence accusers should be given the benefit of being credible as victims, how could they not report this? Didn't they shield Russell by not saying something?

For a station that took the position that Patrick Kane was guilty without actual evidence and that the Blackhawks should have pre-emptively suspended a player without evidence or charges to support the allegations, and a show that now prides itself on being ahead of the curve on social issues, even moreso since the presidential election, how could they stay quiet when they had such knowledge of a situation this explosive?

Shut up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Douchebag wrote:
BD wrote:

Shut up.

Getting a little defensive of the sinking ship Mr Ismay?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:

Like I said, because Russell is Brown, Goff gives him the benefit of the doubt. Because Theo is Jewish, Bernstein gives him the benefit of the doubt. Because Theo would never get a bad guy.

And, of course, the Cubs are partners with the SCORE.

So Kane was guilty right away. Both Goff and Bernstein loved kicking him. He's white, it's hockey and the SCORE doesn't broadcast their games. They were still on Kane after the mother planted fake evidence to get a conviction.

But they won't do it for the brown Cub with the Jewish President. And the Score broadcasts their games.

We all know what this is. It goes without saying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 pm 

I think we should notify the proper authorities.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
BD wrote:

Like I said, because Russell is Brown, Goff gives him the benefit of the doubt. Because Theo is Jewish, Bernstein gives him the benefit of the doubt. Because Theo would never get a bad guy.

And, of course, the Cubs are partners with the SCORE.

So Kane was guilty right away. Both Goff and Bernstein loved kicking him. He's white, it's hockey and the SCORE doesn't broadcast their games. They were still on Kane after the mother planted fake evidence to get a conviction.

But they won't do it for the brown Cub with the Jewish President. And the Score broadcasts their games.

We all know what this is. It goes without saying.

Trying to remember what Leash posted again. If you don't think someone on the board was arrested before, you are naive. If you don't think someone on the board is a card-carrying member of the KKK...