PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Memo to Leery: Nothing is that funny.

Oh, my giddy int!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Speaking of M&H, I finally caught that Five at Five segment or whatever they call it. I made it a point to listen since others said it's good. I have to agree that it is one of the better segments on sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
:lol: I love how Dan doesn't give Cubs callers a ration of shit on their liberal use of "we" and "us".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
But "we" aren't listening to his GREAT SHOW.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Anything noteworthy happen after 1:40?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I got bored with music on my drive to the dentist and checked in for 10 minutes. The Cubs licking was BAD.

A caller questioned where/how the Cubs would get pitching. Bernstein and Larry bitched the caller out for not realizing the Cubs have soooo many attractive duplicative assets to trade.

I PTFB'd when Larry went into very.important.whisper.voice to inform listeners "Albert Almora doesn't even play and a lot of GMs like his skill set"

Larry, Albert Almora sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
I got bored with music on my drive to the dentist and checked in for 10 minutes. The Cubs licking was BAD.

A caller questioned where/how the Cubs would get pitching. Bernstein and Larry bitched the caller out for not realizing the Cubs have soooo many attractive duplicative assets to trade.

I PTFB'd when Larry went into very.important.whisper.voice to inform listeners "Albert Almora doesn't even play and a lot of GMs like his skill set"

No they fucking do not.

When the highlight of your minor league career is a .370 OBP in A-ball for 60 games, nobody is busting down doors to trade for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

No they fucking do not.

When the highlight of your minor league career is a .370 OBP in A-ball for 60 games, nobody is busting down doors to trade for you.

You have been given the narrative. Now get in line.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:

Feelin' like "DUPLICATIVE. ASSETS." is going on the bingo card soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

and don't forget about Sir's favorite go to The Swipe King, who is sporting a .691 OPS after almost 900 MLB ABs.

but the unstated truth is that the teams looking to unload this early will not want trades centered around players whose MLB clocks have already started. They will expect one of either Happ or Jimenez, then maybe Almora or Baez with Candalerio to round things out...maybe more.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
caller : i feel like the cubs are swinging out of the strike zone way too much and -

dan : well we can't really know that unless we look at the APSA stat and the ZONE rating of each at bat...its not enough to just say we feel this way

caller : ok well what are those numbers?

dan : i don't have access to that information.

leary : well deshaies and ronny talk about how this is actually is happening esp with schwarber

dan : well we can't know if thats real unless we look at these statistics that i don't have access to.

leary : ok well i'm just saying, the caller wasn't htat off

dan : here are the stats we'd need *starts rattling off statistics that he doesn't have access too*

me : *turns sirius XM back on*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
:lol:

riveting radio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
hnd wrote:
caller : i feel like the cubs are swinging out of the strike zone way too much and -

dan : well we can't really know that unless we look at the APSA stat and the ZONE rating of each at bat...its not enough to just say we feel this way

leary : well deshaies and ronny talk about how this is actually is happening esp with schwarber

dan : well we can't know if thats real unless we look at these statistics that i don't have access to.

dan : here are the stats we'd need *starts rattling off statistics that he doesn't have access too*

Please tell me that this shit actually happened

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
hnd wrote:

Dan really is JORR's analytics strawman come to life. He''s probably argued at some point that pitch framing never happened in the history of baseball until it became measurable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm 

Cubs are 9th in the league in O-Swing%, per FanGraphs, at 30.4%. In 2016 they were 25th at 29%.

Currently they are 23rd in the league in O-Contact% at 61.3%, league-leader is at 66.7%.

Took me three minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rizzo leading off today. Is there a metric for that ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:21 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Rizzo leading off today. Is there a metric for that ?

Gotta wait for Joe Sheehan to talk about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Cubs are 9th in the league in O-Swing%, per FanGraphs, at 30.4%. In 2016 they were 25th at 29%.

Currently they are 23rd in the league in O-Contact% at 61.3%, league-leader is at 66.7%.

Took me three minutes.

so they're 1 percentage point worse and they drop from 25th to 9th? That seems like a poor stat...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

Took me three minutes.

so they're 1 percentage point worse and they drop from 25th to 9th? That seems like a poor stat...

It could be, if they faced, say, 5 pitches outside the strike zone in a game. They do not.

The highest Zone% (percentage of pitches in the stirkezone) in the last 7 years has been 45.4%. Less than half of all pitches seen by all batters are outside the zone. About 150 pitches are thrown per game, making for an expected number of pitches outside the zone at a little more than 13K over a season. A 1.4% change results in an extra 182 swings at pitches outside the zone, or an extra 70 strikes, 23 strikeouts, a missed 45 walks, etc. It's not peanuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
hnd wrote:

like 3:40 ish is when this happened.