It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6/14: Goff hurt his back
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's why he's been gone this week. Hope you get better, Goffer. Back issues suck. I know people who have them. You gotta stop playing basketball. Talking about it should be enough for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fellas, when you replace Terry Boers, you really replace Terry Boers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Goff thinks he hurt his back carrying the show...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Weird, Les said around 11PM last night Rozner would be in for Goff tomorrow, but he specifically said Goff would be back the next day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
He hurt it while mourning over Lebron's loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
At his age he needs to stop playing hoops with younger guys.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: billss
likemarsen wrote:
Goff thinks he hurt his back carrying the show...

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 pm 

Threw out his back moving all those souls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Threw out his back moving all those souls.

:lol:

Good one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
After 3 days, it is clear that Jason Goff is below replacement level. Wish he could get Wally Pipped!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Show has actually been listenable this week without that p.o.s. Goff. Must have thrown out his punk ass back "throwing hands". Lol. Once Goff cones back I go back to Roe Conn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
thewatcher wrote:
Show has actually been listenable this week without that p.o.s. Goff. Must have thrown out his punk ass back "throwing hands". Lol. Once Goff cones back I go back to Roe Conn.

You're honestly enjoying Barry Rozner? I'd rather listen to a Chet/Boom Boom reunion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Goff does not have the cachet to be a drive-time co-host.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm 

denisdman wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

You're honestly enjoying Barry Rozner? I'd rather listen to a Chet/Boom Boom reunion.

Anyone is better than Goff. Rozner and his talk about fringe sports like hockey and golf is pretty bad though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
thewatcher wrote:
Once Goff cones back I go back to Roe Conn.

I tried that for a while. He makes me long for Garry Meier and Elton Jim.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:58 pm 

thewatcher wrote:
denisdman wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Anyone is better than Goff. Rozner and his talk about fringe sports like hockey and golf is pretty bad though.

I don't follow golf but I enjoy listening to golf conversations. What gets me to change the channel or pick a different podcast is when Zach Zaidman is giving an update on a meaningless Bears minicamp or they play snippets of a John Fox presser. And I don't need to hear more Len Kasper. How many times a week is he on the Score? So yes, I always welcome some golf and hockey talk. Hell, I love Nascar and cycling so I am all about the fringe sports.

But hasn't it been wonderful not having Goff around to go on a lecture about the Lonzo Ball commercial or Leonard Floyd's concussion comments? Because we need him to explain the world to us in his bumbling, wordy fashion as he drowns out his more talented, interesting cohost. They've also had transitions in which it was a real conversation instead of Goff dominating the mic. Back to a lousy afternoon show today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:12 pm 

Jerk off must have hurt his back again.

Dan was pretty good solo, forgot how much I like him.

Transition with man-nerd Leary was painful and immediately turned off once the talk turned to super heroes. Leary. Grow the fuck up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
pittmike wrote:
At his age he needs to stop playing hoops with younger guys.

It seems like he gets hurt every three months or so... agree it is time to move on. Age catches up to us all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
thewatcher wrote:

Transition with man-nerd Leary was painful and immediately turned off once the talk turned to super heroes. Leary. Grow the fuck up.

Dan solo was good for a few minutes. Then some guy called in happy that the Sox beat the Cubs. Danny grilled him and told him that a good fan hopes the Sox lose every game, and asked him why was he happy. The caller said this is the playoffs for Sox fans, recognizing (and supporting) the rebuild. Danny had absolutely zero recognition that this guy might have some fun (imagine that...fun) giving some shit to a co-worker at the water cooler tomorrow. I don't think a 4 game series in July will define the Sox success over the next 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 pm 

Franky T wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Dan solo was good for a few minutes. Then some guy called in happy that the Sox beat the Cubs. Danny grilled him and told him that a good fan hopes the Sox lose every game, and asked him why was he happy. The caller said this is the playoffs for Sox fans, recognizing (and supporting) the rebuild. Danny had absolutely zero recognition that this guy might have some fun (imagine that...fun) giving some shit to a co-worker at the water cooler tomorrow. I don't think a 4 game series in July will define the Sox success over the next 5 years.

He's too arrogantly stupid to publicly accept this? I really don't know who I want to see fail more: Pence, the trump children or that contrived 5'5" prick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Franky T wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Caller: "For Sox fans, this series is a big deal this year." (approx)

Dan: "What is gained--in your mind, in truth--from a victory?"

Caller: "I just want the Sox to play hard."

Dan: "Right, but that's not how you started. I'm just looking for a consistent view on your part . . ."

Not sure if this is an example of Sartrean bad faith or an example of an asshole who knows he can trip up a caller who is not looking to argue but express a bit of happiness. Could be either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:

Caller: I would be able to start so many threads in the Cubs folder on a message board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Franky T wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

He's too arrogantly stupid to publicly accept this? I really don't know who I want to see fail more: Pence, the trump children or that contrived 5'5" prick

I know we have gotten past it a little but 5'8.5"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:

I know we have gotten past it a little but 5'8.5"

LOL, he is not 5'8"+. I am a tad below that mark, and he was distinctly shorter than me at RTS. 5'5" or 5'6". I never understood why people lie about their height.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
formerlyknownas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Caller: "I just want the Sox to play hard."

Dan: "Right, but that's not how you started. I'm just looking for a consistent view on your part . . ."

Not sure if this is an example of Sartrean bad faith or an example of an asshole who knows he can trip up a caller who is not looking to argue but express a bit of happiness. Could be either.

Here's a consistent view. I'm not a GM. I don't want to think like a GM. I don't want to evaluate trades or worry about draft picks. I watch my team and root for them to win. Is that difficult to grasp? I work spreadsheets all day. When I'm done working I don't want to work more spreadsheets while I watch the White Sox. If you enjoy watching baseball that way, more power to you, but it doesn't make you a "smarter" fan. Frankly, I think it makes you a goof.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He sits on his ass for five hours a day, how is this an excused absence?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: The Original Pizza In A Cup
Moving souls is hard on a man's back...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff probably needs to stop playing basketball. Two back injuries in a few months is a sign. Goff has to face reality. He's not the wang-whipper he used to be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Goff probably needs to stop playing basketball. .

Goff should play basketball everyday!