It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

That will be their collective opinion.

All of their opinions are collective. Goff knows what Bernstein thinks so sometimes he says it first to please him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 am 

Should be some bad forced Blackhawks talk as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
schmitty1121 wrote:
Should be some bad forced Blackhawks talk as well.

I am sure Goff will act like he watches Hockey, and Danny will say my guy said this was gonna happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Beardown wrote:

All of their opinions are collective. Goff knows what Bernstein thinks so sometimes he says it first to please him.

Bernsie is on record last night as liking all the moves, fyi.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bernstein playbook for a day like today would be to dig in big time that this was the right move.... always go strong against meatball consensus then take angry phone calls and talking over callers calling them stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Not even a mention of the Hawks during their opening statements, nor is anything planned for the show, either. Just NBA. So good news if you're a Bulls fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Goff isn't making much sense. Said the trade wasn't about Jimmy, then said the trade was about Jimmy not ganging up on Hoiberg with Wade.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:25 pm 

They both liked the pick. Beardown loses again.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Beardown wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Goff: "This trade was done at 2pm yesterday. I got a text but wanted to wait for another source to confirm."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:29 pm 

:lol: Goff knew it was done yesterday afternoon from a text message

He really is the new terry

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Imminent got him shook.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Fasano's
conns7901 wrote:

It's a European white. They don't count.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Dan didn't shy away from making their appearance at London House about the political stance his wife took last year regarding Trump. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
This should also apply to the NFL draft. Especially Defensive ends and outside linebackers. I'm looking at you Shea.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"What do you guys think of trading Panarin for Brandon Saad?"
"I...don't...know who Brandon Saad is, but if the Hawks can rid themselves of (sigh) problematic optics, it has to be considered a win to an extent."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Goff: "This trade was done at 2pm yesterday. I got a text but wanted to wait for another source to confirm."

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
"What do you guys think of trading Panarin for Brandon Saad?"
"I...don't...know who Brandon Saad is, but if the Hawks can rid themselves of (sigh) problematic optics, it has to be considered a win to an extent."

They read McClure's analysis...guess Jay Z is too busy to bring on as an guest.

ESPN 1000 has given some decent coverage of the Hawks' trades today.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Dan didn't shy away from making their appearance at London House about the political stance his wife took last year regarding Trump. :roll:

sqNevents trying to show they stand up for the little people...by charging ludicrous amounts of money for throwing a party. if they dont get it from one rich person, theyll cock-gobble it up from another. pretentious fucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ChiefWampum wrote:
Not even a mention of the Hawks during their opening statements, nor is anything planned for the show, either. Just NBA. So good news if you're a Bulls fan.

That's good because neither one is qualified to talk hockey .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

sqNevents trying to show they stand up for the little people...by charging ludicrous amounts of money for throwing a party. if they dont get it from one rich person, theyll cock-gobble it up from another. pretentious fucks.

I guess but they feel good inside.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 pm 

pittmike wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:

I guess but they feel good inside.

hey, cant argue with a clean conscience. look at joel osteen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

WL Bill wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It's a European white. They don't count.

All of us American whites are descendants of foreign whites. So he does count.

And I didn't lose. B&G are lying. They don't like this white pick. But they're playing the other side just to play the other side. They do that often.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
billypootons wrote:
bernstein playbook for a day like today would be to dig in big time that this was the right move.... always go strong against meatball consensus then take angry phone calls and talking over callers calling them stupid

fuck these two if that was their opinion. It's not even going against meatball consensus but all consensus. And if they were going the anti-meatball way, the hoops equivalent to Sabrmetrics would argue Jimmy Butler's value to be much higher than this, and would laugh at the B&G NBA analysis which is essentially "this is a guy, and that is a thing" where the guy is LeBron James and the thing is LeBron James's wiener (or, ok: A TITLE. The NBA is about BANNERS. Real sophisticated and nuanced stuff.)

[Did Bernstein explain how getting no draft picks and selling another 2nd rounder was actually smart? Or just that the fan reaction to Jerry Reinsdorf caring more about getting $3.5m 'troubling' to him]

Maybe they know it's going to be a rough go, now that their show that desperately wants to talk NBA is now covering the least interesting team in that league. Suppose they can survive on Jason Goff's day-late Twitter scoops.

I checked the podcast feed for Friday and see they had no guests, outside of replaying the Gar Forman interview. But maybe that makes sense as Parkins and Spiegel is already a pretty good Bulls/NBA show. Or it sarcastically makes sense in that B&G are too knowledgeable to require guests?

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:50 am 

Their opinion was that the return on the trade is irrelevant. The actual action of trading signaled a needed rebuild which they hailed.

I didn't understand the logic. Step 1 of the rebuild was deciding to trade Butler but Step 1.b. was to maximize return for him.

I don't know why but giving up #16 in that trade and then selling the second round pick irks me. Are you telling me that the Timberwolves walk away from the deal if you insist on keeping #16?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:
Their opinion was that the return on the trade is irrelevant. The actual action of trading signaled a needed rebuild which they hailed.

I didn't understand the logic. Step 1 of the rebuild was deciding to trade Butler but Step 1.b. was to maximize return for him.

I don't know why but giving up #16 in that trade and then selling the second round pick irks me. Are you telling me that the Timberwolves walk away from the deal if you insist on keeping #16?

Exactly. Would they have been happy if Butler was simply cut, as that would also signal a rebuild? And giving away picks seems rather counterproductive for the purpose of a tank rebuild since you presumably want as many guys on rookie contracts who could turn into stars, especially since this front office managed to alienate potential free agent signings even more this off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:

A caller questioned them on why would you sell the second round pick, goff proceeds to fillabuster and literally did not answer the question.

their take as you described is atrocious. their other take of "Garpax isnt going anywhere so dont complain about them" is also idiotic. complaining about GM's in this city is what their radio station used to be all about before it became "obnoxious assbags dictate to listeners smart radio"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:24 am 

billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

A caller questioned them on why would you sell the second round pick, goff proceeds to fillabuster and literally did not answer the question.

their take as you described is atrocious. their other take of "Garpax isnt going anywhere so dont complain about them" is also idiotic. complaining about GM's in this city is what their radio station used to be all about before it became "obnoxious assbags dictate to listeners smart radio"

Did you also notice Goff at the end of the interview with the reporter from Minnesota tried to poison the water on Butler? Just as the interview was wrapping up he gave a shot about being careful about Jimmy saying something publicly while doing the opposite privately

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Jbi11s wrote:
Goff isn't making much sense.

And water is wet...point?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
billypootons wrote:

He wanted to avoid any pernicious myths