It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
MartyD47 wrote:
Per Goff, Gar Forman is purposely avoiding him and his tough questions by not appearing on their show. Before you ask, Goff can't make it to media day because he has a baby. This show is awful.

Lol. No one is avoiding the hack J Goff. Dudes a bum who thinks he asks the tough questions. When he gets a chance he tosses softballs.

So tired of his stories about his punk kid and then the very next words saying he needs time to himself. Bad sports talk host, worse husband and father.

Nerd boy Lerry is actually listenable (until he tries to Tough, or starts talking about frickin superheroes and comic books. Grow the fuck up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
thewatcher wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:
Per Goff, Gar Forman is purposely avoiding him and his tough questions by not appearing on their show. Before you ask, Goff can't make it to media day because he has a baby. This show is awful.

Lol. No one is avoiding the hack J Goff. Dudes a bum who thinks he asks the tough questions. When he gets a chance he tosses softballs.

So tired of his stories about his punk kid and then the very next words saying he needs time to himself. Bad sports talk host, worse husband and father.

Nerd boy Lerry is actually listenable (until he tries to Tough, or starts talking about frickin superheroes and comic books. Grow the fuck up.

You seem like your from the Score. What do you think about the Drinky Goff beef? Were you around Drinky when he got wind that Goff wanted him out? Did Goff react like a playa when the hit went down? What about Larry and Julie? Do they fake talk nice in the hallways? They must avoid each other. Like avoid each other in a smart person way. Like studying the other person's schedule. To avoid being in the same place as them. Drinky couldn't do that. Drinky wanted to avoid Goff all the time. But he couldn't. So he found himself in awkward situations with the guy. Even though he didn't want to. But he did. Cuz he's a dumbass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

MartyD47 wrote:

Goff didn't have a baby last year for media day. I'm pretty sure there are reporters all across the NBA that have babies or kids and still go to media day for their respective teams. So it's a pussy excuse by tough Goff. Brothers don't make these types of excuses. Goff once told me that.

Goff didn't have a baby when he reported that Lebron was coming to the Bulls.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm 

Beerdown wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:

You seem like your from the Score. What do you think about the Drinky Goff beef? Were you around Drinky when he got wind that Goff wanted him out? Did Goff react like a playa when the hit went down? What about Larry and Julie? Do they fake talk nice in the hallways? They must avoid each other. Like avoid each other in a smart person way. Like studying the other person's schedule. To avoid being in the same place as them. Drinky couldn't do that. Drinky wanted to avoid Goff all the time. But he couldn't. So he found himself in awkward situations with the guy. Even though he didn't want to. But he did. Cuz he's a dumbass.

No. Don't work there. Just pissed at their choice for afternoon show cohost of Goff. Almost anyone else would have been better. Ruined my afternoon commute. Drinky would have been a good foil to Dan imho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I listened to the podcasts of B&B everyday since it became available and that was easily my favorite show. How do I feel about B&G? Not only have I stopped listening but I unsubscribed to B&G since in no way do I want to support that show. And it's all because of Goff. As many have already mentioned, he just talks too damn much and drowns out his much more interesting cohost. I've just been turned off by all of Goff's race talk and his smooth talking urban vernacular. I just find him incredibly annoying. He was fine as a producer but his mic domination and general personality has made me tune out. "There it is!"

On the other hand, Speigel and Parkins has become my favorite new show. I couldn't stand Spiegel before but he seem less pretentious and arrogant now. Parkins is a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DAC wrote:
I listened to the podcasts of B&B everyday since it became available and that was easily my favorite show. How do I feel about B&G? Not only have I stopped listening but I unsubscribed to B&G since in no way do I want to support that show. And it's all because of Goff. As many have already mentioned, he just talks too damn much and drowns out his much more interesting cohost. I've just been turned off by all of Goff's race talk and his smooth talking urban vernacular. I just find him incredibly annoying. He was fine as a producer but his mic domination and general personality has made me tune out. "There it is!"

On the other hand, Speigel and Parkins has become my favorite new show. I couldn't stand Spiegel before but he seem less pretentious and arrogant now. Parkins is a lot of fun.

Spiegel is as bad, or possibly worse, than he has ever been. Parkins hides a lot of his weaknesses.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:

Say. What. You. Mean.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

Say. What. You. Mean.

I did. I said it pretty clearly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
DAC wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

Say. What. You. Mean.

You liked a guy whose entire vocabulary consisted of the following words and sounds:

Yep
Yes
No
Uh
Uhm
Um
By cracky

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
DAC wrote:
I've just been turned off by all of Goff's race talk and his smooth talking urban vernacular.

THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! THAT TRAIN'S NEVER LATE!

DAC wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

Say. What. You. Mean.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: @ SS

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:42 pm 

lol at calling a blustery scatterbrain like Jason a "smooth talker"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:46 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
DAC wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:

Say. What. You. Mean.

You liked a guy whose entire vocabulary consisted of the following words and sounds:

Yep
Yes
No
Uh
Uhm
Um
By cracky

I wasn't a big fan of Boers for that matter. If Boers talked as much as Goff I probably wouldn't have listened nearly as much.

I figured some of you would fixate on what I wrote. This is about a choice of who you want to spend a considerable amount of time listening to. And I find Goff incredibly annoying for a variety of reasons but mostly because of the way he dominates the mic and lectures listeners. I just don't find him interesting and rarely do I find him funny. Someone on the first page of this thread summed up nicely how Goff talk over Bernstein and just waits to talk. And I'm not going to hide the fact that I don't like the style in Goff constantly talks in slang. His ultra-cool vibe is too much. I like to listen to intelligent, well spoken people. I love hearing interviews with articulate people such as Epstein, Hoyer, and Hahn. Whatever you want to make of that, so be it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Can anyone name a non black man or woman who is more black than Jason Evanston 4 Lyfe Goff?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:07 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Can anyone name a non black man or woman who is more black than Jason Evanston 4 Lyfe Goff?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
SpiralStairs wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Nailed it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That pic makes me want to punch him in the face. Every single time I see it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:43 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Lawrence holmes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 am 

Goff fumbles over his words almost constantly, especially during interviews. He is supposed to be an NBA expert, but he has zero sources and always messes up when he "breaks" NBA news.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 am 

Lol. Goff and Holmes. The two whitest brothers there is. Bruce Levine has more cred in the community.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
thewatcher wrote:
Lol. Goff and Holmes. The two whitest brothers there is. Bruce Levine has more cred in the community.

Years ago (nearly 20) Dan would have referred to them as "flavorless brothers." He'd never say that now...at least on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:57 am 

Flavorless Brothers. Holy shit, Hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am 

Julian Green brought "a little flavor" to the Cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Like MANY have said Goff just talks too damn much (which is saying something considering he hosts a talk show). Transition is the perfect example. He's always the first to talk when an issue is raised and then he says the same thing three different ways before anyone else can get a word in. He also needs to cut down on the laughing and his too-cool-for-school attitude.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 am 

Franky T wrote:
Like MANY have said Goff just talks too damn much (which is saying something considering he hosts a talk show). Transition is the perfect example. He's always the first to talk when an issue is raised and then he says the same thing three different ways before anyone else can get a word in. He also needs to cut down on the laughing and his too-cool-for-school attitude.

Good points. Goff and Leery just try too damn hard to try to be what they think is cool. Funny thing, what those two nerds think is cool really isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I knew the show would be basketball-heavy, but I did not expect it to be as basketball-centric as it became. They had an expert on to talk about the Jazz-Clippers series, for the love of God. The weirdest part is, I'd like a show that talks more basketball, and was intrigued that the new afternoon show would have two guys who could converse in meaningful, non-Bulls discussions about the NBA. Then, early on, I realized that Dan and Jason go to that safety blanket so often, I'm basically listening to a Sirius NBA show.

Both hosts have worked themselves into a corner when not talking about the greatness of LeBron or Kevin Durant, too: Dan's radio shtick has evolved him beyond discussions of the various day-in, day-out play of both baseball teams in town, so baseball isn't going to light a fire under him until September, he hates the Blackhawks, is bothered by talking about the Bears and taking Bears callers, and from what I can tell doesn't watch college football beyond the top-billed marquee matchups. Goff appears to have the willingness to consume those products and knowledge to put on a radio show talking about them, but he too is more interested in moving souls than moving meters. So really, outside of basketball—which they are both passionate about—you have an afternoon drivetime sports talk show in a top market helmed by two guys that aren't all that interested in talking about sports.

That would be FINE, if the wackiness of peak-B&B remained. Once again, though, these guys appear to only be interested in talking about the important issues as they see them (race, race, race, gender equality, race, LeBron, brand awareness, front office schlepping, and race), and can't be bothered to crack wise or inject a pinch of comedy into their show.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I knew the show would be basketball-heavy, but I did not expect it to be as basketball-centric as it became. They had an expert on to talk about the Jazz-Clippers series, for the love of God. The weirdest part is, I'd like a show that talks more basketball, and was intrigued that the new afternoon show would have two guys who could converse in meaningful, non-Bulls discussions about the NBA. Then, early on, I realized that Dan and Jason go to that safety blanket so often, I'm basically listening to a Sirius NBA show.

Both hosts have worked themselves into a corner when not talking about the greatness of LeBron or Kevin Durant, too: Dan's radio shtick has evolved him beyond discussions of the various day-in, day-out play of both baseball teams in town, so baseball isn't going to light a fire under him until September, he hates the Blackhawks, is bothered by talking about the Bears and taking Bears callers, and from what I can tell doesn't watch college football beyond the top-billed marquee matchups. Goff appears to have the willingness to consume those products and knowledge to put on a radio show talking about them, but he too is more interested in moving souls than moving meters. So really, outside of basketball—which they are both passionate about—you have an afternoon drivetime sports talk show in a top market helmed by two guys that aren't all that interested in talking about sports.

That would be FINE, if the wackiness of peak-B&B remained. Once again, though, these guys appear to only be interested in talking about the important issues as they see them (race, race, race, gender equality, race, LeBron, brand awareness, front office schlepping, and race), and can't be bothered to crack wise or inject a pinch of comedy into their show.

Goff yammers on and on and Bernstein sounds like a guy who had screamed someone stupid five minutes ago and now sits in the corner, red-faced and cross-armed, glaring at everyone and occasionally making acerbic statements.

Last edited by formerlyknownas on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:44 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Can't argue with any of this. Terry always recognized that he was first and foremost in the entertainment business and a particularly frivolous corner of it at that. Senor and Jason labor under the misconception that what they're doing is important, whether it's cribbing Deadspin's woke NBA blowjob of the day or explaining why Jerry Reinsdorf's business practices are Actually Good.

Also, I remember you doing a bit about bringing on a Jazz-Clippers expert and I thought you made it up. Or did you make it up and life imitated art?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 pm 

I only get to listen for my 15 minute drive home from work. It's very odd how Bernstein has let Goff take over the show. In the 15 minutes I get to listen Goff steers the show in the direction he wants. It just doesn't sound right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next