It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's been 3 or 4 months. Enough time to figure out this dynamic. Time for a review.

1. Goff is having the time of his life. I think he loves his radio marriage to Dan more than he does his actual wife. Or fiance. Are they still not married? Whatever. Goff is like a pig in slop with Bernstein. It comes across over the air. While he was a laughing fool with Spiegel, it was only laughing at his own jokes. Now he cracks up like a fool at Bernstein's jokes. He never laughed at Spiegel's jokes. Cuz he hates Spiegel. Goff adores Bernstein.

2. Dan is trying to be more black. Not like the light skinned blacks. The real blacks, as Goff would say.

3. Goff is trying harder on this show. He actually has stuff too tease now going into breaks. Usually some stupid story he read on the internet. He didn't do that with Spiegel. He would just roll in and wing it. So he's preparing more for this show to impress Bernstein. He wants Bernstein's approval. He didn't give a shit what Spiegel thought of him.

What do you guys think? Give your review.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I've only listened a couple times and it was hard for bernstein to get a word in edgewise. I really can't see danny allowing Goff to relegate him to the Terry role.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 pm 

Great show

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Great show

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've only listened a couple times and it was hard for bernstein to get a word in edgewise. I really can't see danny allowing Goff to relegate him to the Terry role.

Yeah. That part will never change. Goff is a talker. I know he would say "I'm a talk show host, cracker, of course I talk."

I know, Goff, but it's a give and take. You have never learned that.

He is rude as a talk show host and doesn't know it. He talks over and around his co hosts. Shouts them down if he needs to do so. He doesn't listen either. He just waits for the other person to stop talking if he doesn't interrupt them. Especially in transition. I podcast most of the transitions. He doesn't care to hear what anybody else has to say. He is just there to spew his bullshit. And boy is he a bullshitter. Like nobody I've ever known. Like I said, rude.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Great show

Yup.

Even though I love both of you like brothers (and douchebag IRL), there are days when I wake up and hope you both suffered a fatal disease that does its work within a few hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Jay Sherman wrote:
It stinks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 pm 

Buy my book!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

4. They've done some good/funny stuff. I like it over all. I like it better then B&B. I would actually give it a "B". Knowing the bullshit and agenda shit you get from this show. Beyond that, it's above average. Goff's dumb ass cracks me up sometimes. Because he doesn't know he's being a dumb ass. That's what makes him funny.

5. Mitch did well. Getting Goff to Bernstein and Parkins to Spiegel was the right call. Mitch had a bad run. "Hamp and Holmes". Oy. Really, Mitch? Then Mannelly? Good god. The fuckin' long snapper? What were you thinking?

Mitch: :oops:

But B&G is OK. You're gonna get the bullshit. They're gonna make drama out of nothing. Goff loves RACE TALK and HATES WHITEY. Always has. Always will. But there is some good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Avid listener to b&b since 2004 (every day on my drive home) , b&g show isn't doing it for me right now. Too much arrogant know it all micro analysis of national NBA. To much serious radio. There are moments of silliness but not enough. Checking out more meatball options of pmt podcast and gasp... Vanilla radio on ESPN (w & s).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Haven't listened in two months and all is well.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Avid listener to b&b since 2004 (every day on my drive home) , b&g show isn't doing it for me right now. Too much arrogant know it all micro analysis of national NBA. To much serious radio. There are moments of silliness but not enough. Checking out more meatball options of pmt podcast and gasp... Vanilla radio on ESPN (w & s).

It was serious radio when it was B&B. It's just Terry just nodded his head. Because he was getting his 500k a year. He didn't give a shit. Plus he was senile in the final 2 years.

Goff just engages in the "Serious talk". Most times he sounds like a dumb ass. Him being a dumb ass amuses me. Where it might make others angry.

In other words, Goff being stupid gets me to listen. Bernstein is less stupid. He does make some good points. But Dan hates women and black people. So I have to take him despite that. Christ, if Goff can accept him being a racist as his co host, then I can as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beerdown has yet to appear in a Beardown joint? Hmm...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:44 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Terrible Radio.

I only listen when Goff has the day off. Too much black and white and other race stuff for me. I want to listen to good sports thoughts and more importantly laugh, Goff provides neither. Hoping this experiment ends soon. Until then I switched over to 720 and listen to Roe.

As far as Goff being prepared? Dumb ass stories about his kid, girl, vacation, trip to the grocery, etc is not being prepared, it's being self absorbed. I'd take the asleep in his chair Terry back any day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:42 am 

Terry and Dan eased me into not listening to sports radio on my trip home and Trump filled the entertainment void. I've listened to Goff and Bernstein. It is ok but not sufficiently compelling to get me to change my newer listening habit.

As an aside, I was listening to NFL radio yesterday. If you want an informative listen, one that will make you truly smarter about football, you listen to that station. There don't use jargon to cloak their lack of knowledge. However, they will use jargon and then describe it for half an hour so have to be prepared for an academic discussion. I caught them in between segments. They ended the hour by saying "well, we talked about Cover 0 and at the top of the hour we will get into Cover 1". It is both ridiculous and sublime at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
It's been 3 or 4 months..

Given your unhealthy obsession with all things Goff, this thread is already a giant FAIL, because the show has been on for 5+ months.

FWIW, listened a couple of times, but gave it up. Would rather endure an hour of Carnen and Jurco to bridge me to W&S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 am 

Beardown wrote:
I think he loves his radio marriage to Dan more than he does his actual wife. Or fiance. Are they still not married? .

You missed a segment that perfectly encapsulates the show the other day. Jason discussed how he, his fiancée and Jayce would have a small ceremony and then a nice party with friends afterwards. He said spending on weddings was crazy with his friends spending 20K+. Dan interrupted that Jayson's friend's were spending nothing and that SQN books events with 400K price tags. All they needed was a Ricketts or Theo mention and they would have hit B and G Bingo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am 

What I have noticed is:

It is NBA mixed with some Cubs talk. I HATE both of these.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
if you love ted talks then you'll love B&G.

otherwise, no goot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Dan interrupted that Jayson's friend's were spending nothing and that SQN books events with 400K price tags.

bragging his wife serving rich folks. nerd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:00 am 

This show does have problems.

1) Too much NBA talk on a national level. There are much better sources for that if you want it.
2) Not enough fun. Getting rid of Friday Fung was remarkably stupid. Getting rid of most of the drops was remarkably stupid.

The SJW stuff would be fine. The race talk would be fine. The personal stories would be fine if the show was just more fun.

douchebag is right though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
W&S are better and now have Big Cat joining them on Thursday afternoons. Better guests, better show.

I will say Spiegel and Parkins have won me over though so I'm not completely Score free anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

1) Too much NBA talk on a national level. There are much better sources for that if you want it.
2) Not enough fun. Getting rid of Friday Fung was remarkably stupid. Getting rid of most of the drops was remarkably stupid.

The SJW stuff would be fine. The race talk would be fine. The personal stories would be fine if the show was just more fun.

Here's the thing, the stuff in #2 was the only reason I ever listened. The drops, Friday Fung, WYC, Tournament of Bad, etc. were the reasons I listened. Without any of that this is an awful show. W&S are not great, but they are better than this shit and most listeners have switched over.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 am 

they don't do friday fung?

wtf? that was the best part of the show! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
they don't do friday fung?

wtf? that was the best part of the show! :lol:

All of the fun bits were Terry's I guess. Makes sense since Dan is such an unlovable shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
bernstein has been neutered by the station. as much as we moaned and groaned about drinky and terry they could bring out the bernstein that i actually enjoyed. the stuff they giggle about now just isn't funny and seems contrived. fixed with ole ham planet keeping the mysigony at bay, its just not interesting radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:33 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
W&S are better and now have Big Cat joining them on Thursday afternoons. Better guests, better show.

I will say Spiegel and Parkins have won me over though so I'm not completely Score free anymore.

I wish I could listen more to both of those shows. I am just in the care a few times during the day at 10min a time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'd give it a "C".
When I drive home from work, I give it a try...some days I listen, others I do not. I do agree that Goff is having the time of his life. Some of the personal stuff is entertaining, but overall, I agree that the show offers nothing "fun" regarding sports.

I don't follow the NBA but do find the trainwreck that is the Bulls Brass entertaining. The rest of their NBA talk is PTFB for me. Their complete disregard for Hockey is really sad, stupid, and short-sighted. I can sit through some NBA talk even though I don't follow the NBA...it would be nice if they actually attempted to acknowledge the Blackhawks and NHL.

Bernstein has clearly reached a point where he has no vested interest in professional sports. There would not be anything wrong with that except his JOB is hosting a sport radio talk show. Enjoying sports is kind of an important part of the job.

Someday I hope Parkins gets the afternoon drive slot...I've learned to enjoy his show, but do not get a chance to listen during work hours.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Here's the thing, the stuff in #2 was the only reason I ever listened. The drops, Friday Fung, WYC, Tournament of Bad, etc. were the reasons I listened. Without any of that this is an awful show. W&S are not great, but they are better than this shit and most listeners have switched over.

They were really good at talking sports for a long time too. Eventually they needed guests to make up for the decline.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Beardown wrote:

What do you guys think? Give your review.