It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
He's been on the radio for over 20 years and frequently sounds very nervous. The constant giggling sounds like nervous laughter, and when he gives a strong opinion on something he almost immediately backpedals as if he thinks he's going to get in trouble or something.

Bernstein was carrying on and on during transition about how great Spiderman Homecoming was. One of the reasons he said it's so great is because it assumes you are already familiar with the Marvel universe, implying that he was. About a minute or so later he said he said he didn't read any of the reviews before seeing the movie and was surprised that Aunt May was played by Marissa Tomei.

You didn't have to read the reviews to know that, Dan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Tad Queasy wrote:
He's been on the radio for over 20 years and frequently sounds very nervous. The constant giggling sounds like nervous laughter, and when he gives a strong opinion on something he almost immediately backpedals as if he thinks he's going to get in trouble or something.

Bernstein was carrying on and on during transition about how great Spiderman Homecoming was. One of the reasons he said it's so great is because it assumes you are already familiar with the Marvel universe, implying that he was. About a minute or so later he said he said he didn't read any of the reviews before seeing the movie and was surprised that Aunt May was played by Marissa Tomei.

You didn't have to read the reviews to know that, Dan.

:lol: :lol: Yeah she has literally already been in a Marvel universe movie in the role. He's a wannabe everything. He cant even be a proper comic book movie nerd.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I'm pretty sure Hub's nervousness is due to the coke and the earring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bernstein was carrying on and on during transition about how great Spiderman Homecoming was. One of the reasons he said it's so great is because it assumes you are already familiar with the Marvel universe, implying that he was.

Dan's never actually read a comic book, he just picked it all up through Laurence Holmes osmosis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 pm 

Maybe it's his proximity to the butt pirate who opened transition with a discussion of "the gestalt of winning".

You have to try really hard to sound like THAT much of a jackass.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Len Kasper basically called Hub a dumb ass for being mad that the Maddon pulled players after being down 10-0 in the first inning. Then Hub changed the question because he was embarrassed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Regular Reader wrote:
Maybe it's his proximity to the butt pirate who opened transition with a discussion of "the gestalt of winning".

:lol: My dad literally texted me about that, leading with the line "you'll never believe what that asshole on The Score said now." Maybe I should get him to register here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:21 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I can just hear him pronouncing it all douchey too. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm 

Wait, Hub said "the gestalt of winning"? That sounds more like Senor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Hub sounds like Edward Murrow compared to that incoherent jackass Goff. I actually listened today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein gently bashing Hub for his stupid baseball thoughts. Just like Kasper did.

Bernstein doesn't give him the caller treatment, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 pm 

Hub is just a meatball Cubs fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not that he's the only one at the SCORE, but I think Zack Zaidman hates Dan Bernstein the most. There is always tense awkward exchanges between them when he does updates.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Bad sport thought of the day still comes from this show even when that. Jerkoff Jason isn't there. Hub won't know if Kevin white is a bust until after this season. Anyone with eyes can see White is a bum and a bust and a wasted draft pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
A caller said "I want to address everyone talking about winning the division", to which Danny replied, "Who's everyone? That's just anecdotal. I don't know who everyone is".

I texted in that maybe "everyone" was people on Twitter.

Last edited by Franky T on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
Bernstein gently bashing Hub for his stupid baseball thoughts. Just like Kasper did.

Bernstein doesn't give him the caller treatment, though.

Pretty sure Lil Danny doesn't get to have the high ground addressing others stupid baseball thoughts.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
A caller said "I want to address everyone talking about wining the division", to which Danny replied, "Who's everyone? That's just anecdotal. I don't know who everyone is".

I texted in that maybe "everyone" was people on Twitter.

Everyone meaning just about every sports and print media person both locally and nationally . Almost to a man they still ( or were until the crumble of the last week) said they believe the Cubs are still the team to beat. He's being Obtuse Danny if he truly believes otherwise.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Some of the callers are so stupid, they must be plants. Some guy called to say baseball needs to think about raising the mound. Just what baseball needs...more strikeouts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 pm 

I wouldn't raise the mound, but I would think about moving some fences out here and there, cough cough, Comiskey, cough cough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
im on a break with B&G, never thought i'd be willingly listening to other shows while dan was on air in chicago, but the insufferable asshat shtick is just not entertaining right now... i'll try back when bears camp opens up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Spiderman Homecoming is easily the best movie I've seen in the last 30 years, simply because of the classroom diversity.