It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/11: The Smoking Gun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bernstein has been on a tear on twitter today, RT'ing anyone that remarks on how much of a Really. Big. Deal. these Trump Jr. emails are. I'm guessing Dan uses the traditionally-wacky, non-sports talk shows of the All-Star Break to read us lengthy thinkpieces on treason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's (Bar None The Best)
I lasted 10 min of transition before PTFB. Goff pontificating about a Jay-Z album that the demographic listening to doesn't care about, nor would they ever try to understand it at the level he's trying to.

Was funny when Goff said he listens to music podcasts more often now... I don't think he was trying to be ironic, proving he truly doesn't grasp just how awful this show has become.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:22 pm 

End B&B Please wrote:
I lasted 10 min of transition before PTFB. Goff pontificating about a Jay-Z album that the demographic listening to doesn't care about, nor would they ever try to understand it at the level he's trying to.

Definitely a racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

End B&B Please wrote:

Was funny when Goff said he listens to music podcasts more often now... I don't think he was trying to be ironic, proving he truly doesn't grasp just how awful this show has become.

Yes, Jason, you're the only one that can get the message in a Jay Z album. Whitey can't do it. Gotcha.

I thought he was about to cry in transition today. 90% of transition was Goff talking today. It's usually 75%.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
End B&B Please wrote:
I lasted 10 min of transition before PTFB.

You are a better man than I as I didn't make it that far. Laurence's phony over-the-top phony laughter is insufferable. What the hell is the matter with him? He makes Eddie Haskell sound genuine.

No wonder he said people are happier to see Beary than they are to see him. Rozner does some things that can be irritating but he's not nearly as bad as Laurence.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:45 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:

Definitely a racist.
Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:
I lasted 10 min of transition before PTFB.

You are a better man than I as I didn't make it that far. Laurence's phony over-the-top phony laughter is insufferable. What the hell is the matter with him? He makes Eddie Haskell sound genuine.

No wonder he said people are happier to see Beary than they are to see him. Rozner does some things that can be irritating but he's not nearly as bad as Laurence.

I'll never get the Larry phony laughing. It's disturbing. As I've said before, is there anybody at the station that will ask him to stop it? Or at least ask him in a given situation "What the hell is so damn funny?"

Is there anybody in his life that can ask him about the damn phony laughing?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I got home early from work and the power was out so I decided to turn on my battery operated radio. I lasted until 1:27. I kept figuring they'd eventually stop talking about rap music but nope.

It's a talentless genre of music. What kind of loser over-analyses it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 pm 

End B&B Please wrote:

I tuned into transition and within 60 seconds he mentioned his lady and his fucking kid. I immediately went back to satellite radio.

On average I listen to B&G about 5 minutes a week and every fucking time that mother fucker brings up his stupid kid.

No one cares about your stupid kid or your parenting skills!

Fuck you Jason Goff. Fuck you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:57 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. So far I'm enjoying this.

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
Douchebag wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:

Definitely a racist.

Racist to the core.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1xZnTpnA04

1000 CLUB

Curious Hair came up with the theory that Goff sees him self as Lebron James.

After today's long/weird monologue, I think he also sees himself as Jay Z.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
What did Dan think about the song where Jay-Z says Jews own everything?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

He was cool with it because of the context of the entire song. But you or Jake Arrieta better not say that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Every Jay-Z song is just "unh unh Jigga what unh unh bought a condo, unh make commission representin' Rajon Rondo," it's just shit about buying things and investing in things. Rap doesn't suck but he sure does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He was cool with it because of the context of the entire song. But you or Jake Arrieta better not say that.

Goff said something weird about this as well. He said something like "Jay Z surrounds himself with Jewish people and those are the people that taught him this stereotype." Something like that. Like I said, it was a weird monologue by Goff. Most of them are odd. But this was the weirdest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Every Jay-Z song is just "unh unh Jigga what unh unh bought a condo, unh make commission representin' Rajon Rondo," it's just shit about buying things and investing in things. Rap doesn't suck but he sure does.

No, Jay built his career on reveling in the fact that he crawled out of Bed-Stuy and out-entrepreneured the Jews. This record is him coming to terms with the fact that he is now part of The Establishment that keeps the black man down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

No, Jay built his career on reveling in the fact that he crawled out of Bed-Stuy and out-entrepreneured the Jews. This record is him coming to terms with the fact that he is now part of The Establishment that keeps the black man down.

You take, or Jason's?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You take, or Jason's?

Mine. The way I put it is a little simplistic, but that's the gist of it. I'm sure someone has written a long think-piece that lays it out in detail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You take, or Jason's?

Mine. The way I put it is a little simplistic, but that's the gist of it. I'm sure someone has written a long think-piece that lays it out in detail.

Great Take Today

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You take, or Jason's?

Great Take Today

Yup

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hip-hop went down the tubes when the courts killed sampling ( brief audio-perusal of PE's catalog will tell you exactly when the courts lowered the boom on using samples without clearance/payment) . Now only the well-funded can afford to clear samples and the music suffers as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hussra wrote:
Hip-hop went down the tubes when the courts killed sampling ( brief audio-perusal of PE's catalog will tell you exactly when the courts lowered the boom on using samples without clearance/payment) . Now only the well-funded can afford to clear samples and the music suffers as a whole.

You're my guy Hussra, but you are very wrong here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Every like 4th album he does one with substance. Black album and now (from what ive read) this

So when he does it people go crazy

Meanwhile Common has a career of these with 1% of the fanfare

Anyway, its K Dots world now. Everybody else just livin in it

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Hussra wrote:

You're my guy Hussra, but you are very wrong here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Every like 4th album he does one with substance. Black album and now (from what ive read) this

So when he does it people go crazy

Meanwhile Common has a career of these with 1% of the fanfare

Anyway, its K Dots world now. Everybody else just livin in it

I'm always waiting for the board's white rapper to drop his take on us.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:12 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Didn't occur to him when he signed a deal with fucking Budweiser?

Jay Z is fine. GOAT Pop rapper Drake is LeBron to his Jordan in pop rap tho