All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
B&G weren't breaking down the signings of Edwin Encarnacion (new team, huge money), Marc Melancon (new team, huge money), Josh Reddick (new team, big money), or even Aroldis Chapman (from an in-market team to the Yankees, HUGE money), so why are they talking about Victor Ola-fucking-dipo or Joe Johnson and their respective impact on the Western Conference?

NBA fandom has cultivated a weird synthesis of social justice concerns and marveling over the scale of league commerce that doesn't exist in baseball. Both leagues pay their players more money than any normal person can reckon with, but with the NBA it's implied that seventh men making superstar money puts the world to rights in a way that middle relievers making superstar money does not. It has a lot to do with race.

I wonder how anyone would ever think that the anti NBA
sentiment which is expressed on here wouldn't be racially motivated? Quintessentential racial apologist JLN are you reading? Sure you are and have since you commented in the thread you damn hypocrite.

Do you think the notion that people revere big-money contracts for rotation players in the NBA in-part because previously (and arguably still-) oppressed minorities are the ones receiving guaranteed deals worth tens of millions of dollars, is a racist one? Not "dealing with race", I mean "racist". Further, do you think pointing out and discussing that notion makes someone racist? Also, do you realize who is who in the quote you posted?

Sorry, don't totally get your "gotcha!" moment, here. Finally, here's that full quote from me:

NBA talk in those peak-NBA months should be discussed the same way other major sports in this town with a hometown-anchoring team are discussed: Most national-scale news is projected through or at least tangentially tied to the lens of the hometown NBA team, with a smattering of untethered national talk on things that are generally newsworthy and interesting. B&G weren't breaking down the signings of Edwin Encarnacion (new team, huge money), Marc Melancon (new team, huge money), Josh Reddick (new team, big money), or even Aroldis Chapman (from an in-market team to the Yankees, HUGE money), so why are they talking about Victor Ola-fucking-dipo or Joe Johnson and their respective impact on the Western Conference?

Is there really a surprise that you didn't "get" it? Really is there really no surprise? You only play your "aha" games when blacks on here make reference to race. You are either always alluding or inferring something. When whites on here do it you are always conspicuously silent.

Your feigned attempts at claiming ignorance aren't flying either. As i told you i see through your bullshit you fucking phony.

My claims regarding race being a factor is supported by evidence and other posters. Jorr and Vegan essentially said the same thing but you are either so ignorant or biased that you just glossed over it.

Its the same thing that you do when it comes to those that voice racist views. Your lack of response in one instance while constantly displaying attentiveness in others shows quite well who you are.

None of this answers the central question I raised in my post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:28 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
B&G weren't breaking down the signings of Edwin Encarnacion (new team, huge money), Marc Melancon (new team, huge money), Josh Reddick (new team, big money), or even Aroldis Chapman (from an in-market team to the Yankees, HUGE money), so why are they talking about Victor Ola-fucking-dipo or Joe Johnson and their respective impact on the Western Conference?

NBA fandom has cultivated a weird synthesis of social justice concerns and marveling over the scale of league commerce that doesn't exist in baseball. Both leagues pay their players more money than any normal person can reckon with, but with the NBA it's implied that seventh men making superstar money puts the world to rights in a way that middle relievers making superstar money does not. It has a lot to do with race.

I wonder how anyone would ever think that the anti NBA
sentiment which is expressed on here wouldn't be racially motivated? Quintessentential racial apologist JLN are you reading? Sure you are and have since you commented in the thread you damn hypocrite.

Do you think the notion that people revere big-money contracts for rotation players in the NBA in-part because previously (and arguably still-) oppressed minorities are the ones receiving guaranteed deals worth tens of millions of dollars, is a racist one? Not "dealing with race", I mean "racist". Further, do you think pointing out and discussing that notion makes someone racist? Also, do you realize who is who in the quote you posted?

Sorry, don't totally get your "gotcha!" moment, here. Finally, here's that full quote from me:

NBA talk in those peak-NBA months should be discussed the same way other major sports in this town with a hometown-anchoring team are discussed: Most national-scale news is projected through or at least tangentially tied to the lens of the hometown NBA team, with a smattering of untethered national talk on things that are generally newsworthy and interesting. B&G weren't breaking down the signings of Edwin Encarnacion (new team, huge money), Marc Melancon (new team, huge money), Josh Reddick (new team, big money), or even Aroldis Chapman (from an in-market team to the Yankees, HUGE money), so why are they talking about Victor Ola-fucking-dipo or Joe Johnson and their respective impact on the Western Conference?

Is there really a surprise that you didn't "get" it? Really is there really no surprise? You only play your "aha" games when blacks on here make reference to race. You are either always alluding or inferring something. When whites on here do it you are always conspicuously silent.

Your feigned attempts at claiming ignorance aren't flying either. As i told you i see through your bullshit you fucking phony.

My claims regarding race being a factor is supported by evidence and other posters. Jorr and Vegan essentially said the same thing but you are either so ignorant or biased that you just glossed over it.

Its the same thing that you do when it comes to those that voice racist views. Your lack of response in one instance while constantly displaying attentiveness in others shows quite well who you are.

None of this answers the central question I raised in my post.

Fuck you and your silly ass post. CH made reference to race. As he did in he other thread. As he does in a number of threads and you didn't bother to contradict it. Instead you ignored it. As you ignore Beardown, America, or others that often race bait.

Their shit never bothers you. Instead you take issue with the 3 black posters that dare to suggest something may be racist.

You also only find a way to disagree with their take on what may or may not be racist. I can find post after post of racist shit on here that your phony ass chooses to ignore. Your responses to my posts alone are more than the total numbers of all the whites that expressed racist views combined. You think that is an accident? I don't. I understand perfectly the perspective from which you speak.

You have alluded to me being an Anti Semite on more than a few occasions yet you can never find anything racist to call people on. Each instance where they mention race you are no where to be found in terms of rebutting. You are quick with the damn apologies and refutations aren't you. That is if it involves arguing with a black poster.

You aren't fooling anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:37 am 

long time guy wrote:
CH made reference to race. As he did in he other thread. As he does in a number of threads and you didn't bother to contradict it. Instead you ignored it.

I literally asked you if you think that discussing things in that manner is racist, and if so, how. To which you replied:

long time guy wrote:
Fuck you and your silly ass post.

Do you not want a discussion on these things?

long time guy wrote:
Their shit never bothers you. Instead you take issue with the 3 black posters that dare to suggest something may be racist.

You also only find a way to disagree with their take on what may or may not be racist.

That's how discussions happen. I'm beginning to think you don't actually want a discussion on race and racism, you just want people to nod their heads at whatever you deem racist. I'm not going to indulge you with that.

long time guy wrote:
I understand perfectly the perspective from which you speak.

I guarantee you that you do not.

long time guy wrote:
You have alluded to me being an Anti Semite on more than a few occasions yet you can never find anything racist to call people on.

This is just factually not true, and I'm going to again ask you to stop saying it and things like it. I've posted links to multiple instances of me identifying racism and racists.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:53 am 

long time guy wrote:
CH made reference to race. As he did in he other thread. As he does in a number of threads and you didn't bother to contradict it. Instead you ignored it.

I literally asked you if you think that discussing things in that manner is racist, and if so, how. To which you replied:

long time guy wrote:
Fuck you and your silly ass post.

Do you not want a discussion on these things?

long time guy wrote:

You also only find a way to disagree with their take on what may or may not be racist.

That's how discussions happen. I'm beginning to think you don't actually want a discussion on race and racism, you just want people to nod their heads at whatever you deem racist. I'm not going to indulge you with that.

long time guy wrote:
I understand perfectly the perspective from which you speak.

I guarantee you that you do not.

long time guy wrote:
You have alluded to me being an Anti Semite on more than a few occasions yet you can never find anything racist to call people on.

This is just factually not true, and I'm going to again ask you to stop saying it and things like it. I've posted links to multiple instances of me identifying racism and racists.

No you haven't and i will bump the "others might think you are anti semitic" bullshit you spewed. Fuck you. You have no credibility.

I provided evidence. You are a phony ass fucking liar. There is nothing you can do to change that. You only address race when it is time to refute claims made by black posters. Do you remember all of the "not going to play your game" bullshit?

Do you want me to bump that?

At no point have you ever taken issue with a white poster posting racist shit on here. Not once.

If you have produce it or shut the fuck up you damn liar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No you haven't

Yes I have. I've had my fun pounding on you the last day or so, but I've had about enough. I'll stick to the agreement we made, even though you apparently don't feel obligated to honor it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If there isn't a Racist Curious Hair mult by the end of the week, then I don't know who we are as a board anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No you haven't

Yes I have. I've had my fun pounding on you the last day or so, but I've had about enough. I'll stick to the agreement we made, even though you apparently don't feel obligated to honor it.

Fuck you and your agreement. The gloves are off. You continue to promote thing about me being a race baiter when there are many more people that reference race on here.

I didn't reference it first yesterday either. Interesting that you only chose to respond when i posted about it. You aren't "clever". I see through your phony ass.

There are more than a few people on here who expect black posters to apologize when bring up race.

Meanwhile you have whites that post racist shit each and every day unabetted. You are complicit in this as it is you who are among its chief proprietors.

As i said if you can't produce a direct example (you can't)of it then shut the fuck up.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
If there isn't a Racist Curious Hair mult by the end of the week, then I don't know who we are as a board anymore.

Just have badrogue change his name.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you haven't

Fuck you and your agreement. The gloves are off.

Being a man of honor, I will still uphold my end of the agreement. If you choose to be dishonorable and use the cover given by me not pointing out your possible anti-Semitism to attack me relentlessly, so be it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you haven't

Being a man of honor, I will still uphold my end of the agreement. If you choose to be dishonorable and use the cover given by me not pointing out your possible anti-Semitism to attack me relentlessly, so be it.

You can't provide one example of you refuting racist claims and now as is typical you are deflecting. You are a damn joke.

Honorable Men call people on their racism. So do men of integrity. You are neither.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No you haven't

You can't provide one example of you refuting racist claims and now as is typical you are deflecting. You are a damn joke.

Honorable Men call people on their racism. So do men of integrity. You are neither.

You choose dishonor, then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Just have badrogue change his name.

:lol: c’mon man. I’m nowhere near as funny as he is .

Oh yeah before I forget

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.