It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm 

Someone had to have heard this. It was the 5 o'clock rejoin after the way-too-long sound drop montage including "When Harry Met Sally".

Goff was saying something about Waddle being an ambassador for BLM, and then threw Silvy in there. Bernstein didn't really add much, but laughed along.

Where did this come from?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
Someone had to have heard this. It was the 5 o'clock rejoin after the way-too-long sound drop montage including "When Harry Met Sally".

Goff was saying something about Waddle being an ambassador for BLM, and then threw Silvy in there. Bernstein didn't really add much, but laughed along.

A listener texted Goff and told him he talked too much race. That he was obsessed with race. So the texter said he was going to Waddle and Silvy. So Goff, the jokester that he is, told the caller that he's going to a place where Waddle is the leader of "Black lives Matter". So he's leaving one race guy for a bigger race guy. Get it? Funny, right? Goff thought his joke was funny. He cracked up at it and pounded the table. So it must be funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
As their ratings have dipped their jealous fits of rage towards their competitors have occurred more often

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: billss
Goff really is a sensitive little bitch. Calls people out on Twitter, but if you say something about him, ITS ON!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

A listener texted Goff and told him he talked too much race. That he was obsessed with race. So the texter said he was going to Waddle and Silvy. So Goff, the jokester that he is, told the caller that he's going to a place where Waddle is the leader of "Black lives Matter". So he's leaving one race guy for a bigger race guy. Get it? Funny, right? Goff thought his joke was funny. He cracked up at it and pounded the table. So it must be funny.

yeesh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Beardown wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I don't understand how you punish your ears by listening to this shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
scoregirl wrote:
Goff really is a sensitive little bitch. Calls people out on Twitter, but if you say something about him, ITS ON!

Yeah its on...after you're blocked. :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff ain't right. There are things swirling in his mind, mostly about race, all the time. Plus the laughing. The god damn laughing. Especially at his own jokes. He's unstable. Bernstein is scared of him but would never admit it. Mainly because he has to pretend that he likes black people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
W_Z wrote:

Jealousy and insecurity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:00 am 

I don't listen to that crap but Imo Goff doesn't know who he wants to be, that's why he's so hypocritical and all over the map with his ramblings and nonsense... He's from Evanston but wants to be thought of like he had it rough growing up in the hood in Austin or Washington Park... He's Desperate to convince himself and the small amount of listeners he's somebody he's just not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:06 am 

billypootons wrote:
As their ratings have dipped their jealous fits of rage towards their competitors have occurred more often

They should take note from the show that precedes them, who decided to have fun with the rivalry. That maturity was appreciated by all sides. Goff and Bernstein can remain bitter assholes if they want, but we're listening to podcasts or WMVP now. I hope they enjoy their weekly drop at 4 pm on Thursdays when W&S bring on someone who is arguably the biggest sports talker from Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
You guys are just afraid to have your soul moved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
312player wrote:

Exactly. Just stop listening. The whole hate watch/listen phenomena never made sense to me.

For me it was a slow switch to Spiegel and Parkins but now I don't even give Bernstein and Goff a podcast download. Spiegel and Parkins is such an easy, fun listen with good interviews and fun bits. I do wish I had some kind of notification for when Goff was absent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
I have learned to just change the station at 1:00. Funny thing is I really was pretty indifferent to Goff when he was with Spiegel. He has since become unlistenable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:26 am 

There is no doubt they are feeling the heat from Silvy and Waddle.

I always enjoyed a good radio war. Start it up boys!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
scoregirl wrote:

That segment sucks...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
There is no doubt they are feeling the heat from Silvy and Waddle.

I always enjoyed a good radio war. Start it up boys!

Not a war, more like pillow fight.. 670 is getting killed by Silverman though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Duck Dynasty
DAC wrote:
312player wrote:

Exactly. Just stop listening. The whole hate watch/listen phenomena never made sense to me.

For me it was a slow switch to Spiegel and Parkins but now I don't even give Bernstein and Goff a podcast download. Spiegel and Parkins is such an easy, fun listen with good interviews and fun bits. I do wish I had some kind of notification for when Goff was absent.

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm all ears for 670 when Goff and Larry are not working. Horrible product

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Open Bordars Suck wrote:
DAC wrote:
312player wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm all ears for 670 when Goff and Larry are not working. Horrible product

I don't like LoHo but he puts on a well run show. His opinions and attitude are trash but he has the best run show on 670.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't like LoHo but he puts on a well run show. His opinions and attitude are trash but he has the best run show on 670.

Hallway. Steak dinner . Boom.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Goff has become insufferable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:

Something happened to him when he went to Atlanta. He was always a little weird. But he had a certain charm. He was likable. Now he's crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He thinks he's the LeBron James of talking about sports: he had to leave home, but now he came back, and he will assert his dominance over all who stand before him, except instead of being an athletic freak of nature, he just babbles about NBA Summer League scrimmages or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Something happened to him when he went to Atlanta. He was always a little weird. But he had a certain charm. He was likable. Now he's crazy.

The difference between Goff before and after his Atlanta trip is that he's now a regular on the radio. I think he was probably better suited for the producer role where he occasionally adds some humor, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Toward the end of today's show Goff took a shot at the 30 for 30 airing tonight about "Mike and the Mad Dog". Jason from Evanston needs to realize that he won't come anywhere close to the success that they reached. Danny should take note as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:15 pm 

Goff always sucked, some of you just didn't realize it because he rarely got air time. The same bunch who thought abattaclueless had talent at one time.. Some of you just have no ear for talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:17 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Franky T wrote:
Toward the end of today's show Goff took a shot at the 30 for 30 airing tonight about "Mike and the Mad Dog". Jason from Evanston needs to realize that he won't come anywhere close to the success that they reached. Danny should take note as well.

After watching, I side with Goff. The documentary I don't think did their show justice based on what I've heard of it.

It looked like a show I would have never listened to because it would have ruined my speakers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Agreed. Very strange today--I tuned in b/c of the big trade. Some Cub fan called in and didn't like the trade, and Goff was laughing and clapping like crazy--basically implying the guy was an absolute idiot. I actually had never noticed the clapping until reading this board, but once I was made aware, you can't NOT notice it. And, and I'm not kidding here, he inserted an obscure NBA reference.

This show is just really bad. Spiegel and Parkins is so much better, as others have noted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Too much Taco Mac.

It did sound good, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Duck Dynasty
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Open Bordars Suck wrote:
DAC wrote:
312player wrote:

I don't agree at all. He's just terrible. And the agenda he tries to shove down my throat is just way extreme. Him and Goff can have thier own show where they discuss the NBA all day long and social justice. I'd like to see their ratings for that show.