It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
No sitting or lying down. Always standing while watching television.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
No. Not possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
And pees sitting down.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I watch sports standing up but scripted shows sitting down. I bet he paces too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
He made a terrible argument during transition. Said neither the Cubs nor the Sox have any risk from the trade.

Surprisingly, Spiegel and Rozner put him in his place handily and quickly. He pretty much just changed the subject when they told him how dumb he was.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Ron Wolfley wrote:
No sitting or lying down. Always standing while watching television.

Just wait until the entropy hits him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in at 3:47 and they were talking about LeBron James and how much he has meant to Cleveland's economy. It's almost like the show has become a parody of how it's described on the board.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

I watch sports games standing up a good percentage of the time. Especially Bears games. So I don't think it's that weird. I can't be still during some sports games. I gotta move around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:05 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in at 3:47 and they were talking about LeBron James and how much he has meant to Cleveland's economy. It's almost like the show has become a parody of how it's described on the board.

Jim Gray wrote:
Experts call it "the LeBron-omy," a commodities exJames.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Jason and Dan aren't Barstool fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
leashyourkids wrote:
He made a terrible argument during transition. Said neither the Cubs nor the Sox have any risk from the trade.

Surprisingly, Spiegel and Rozner put him in his place handily and quickly. He pretty much just changed the subject when they told him how dumb he was.

I agree with Bernstein. Who has risk in this trade and how much? A trade can turn out to be awful and one-sided but that doesn't mean it was a mistake at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:16 pm 

Not good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:28 pm 

DAC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I agree with Bernstein. Who has risk in this trade and how much? A trade can turn out to be awful and one-sided but that doesn't mean it was a mistake at the time.

So you think all trades carry no risk, correct?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't think it's too risky for the Cubs. It's insane to say there's no risk on the Sox end.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:38 pm 

Isn't there way more risk on the Cubs? They gave up a lot for an okay pitcher. If the prospects pan out, the Sox get a lot, if they don't, well, they weren't winning anything with Quintana anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein is an idiot.

There is a risk for both teams. If the Sox could have gotten a better players from the Brewers or Astros then they fucked up. We'll see how it turns out. And if Quintana sucks for the Cubs over the next few years then they could have spent their assets better.

It was the decision they both made and there might have been better options. We'll see how it turns out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm 

Even though both teams have risk, the Cubs have more. The Sox gave up a known guy. The Cubs gave up guys who could potentially be great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:49 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
DAC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I didn't say that.

Some trades are risky but in this case you have a proven #2 starter on a great contract for 3.5 more seasons. They gave up a top 10 prospect another 75ish prospect and a couple throw-in guys. It is an extremely logical and defensible deal for both teams. The Cubs or Sox can lose the trade but that doesn't change the fact that it was a solid trade at the time.

I think the Hawks trade of Hammer for Murphy is a lot more risky.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 pm 

DAC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
DAC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I didn't say that.

Some trades are risky but in this case you have a proven #2 starter on a great contract for 3.5 more seasons. They gave up a top 10 prospect another 75ish prospect and a couple throw-in guys. It is an extremely logical and defensible deal for both teams. The Cubs or Sox can lose the trade but that doesn't change the fact that it was a solid trade at the time.

I think the Hawks trade of Hammer for Murphy is a lot more risky.

Nothing you said means there is no risk for either team.

If Quintana underperformed and Jimenez is the next Nick Swisher, the Cubs look bad.

If none of those prospects pan out, Hahn should have gotten more from someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Isn't there way more risk on the Cubs? They gave up a lot for an okay pitcher. If the prospects pan out, the Sox get a lot, if they don't, well, they weren't winning anything with Quintana anyway.

I look at it as the Cubs know what they got. Jimenez might be great but he might suck too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Even though both teams have risk, the Cubs have more. The Sox gave up a known guy. The Cubs gave up guys who could potentially be great.

But the fact that they are so far away removes a lot of the risk for the Cubs. We all know they could turn into all-star, HOF players but they are still prospects at this point and that is unlikely. The Cubs got the known commodity while the Sox received much more uncertainty. You tell me what's more likely- that Quintana will be a #2-#3 pitcher for the next 3.5 seasons or that Jimenez will develop into a multi-year allstar and Cease will be a starting pitcher in 4-5 seasons?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I look at it as the Cubs know what they got. Jimenez might be great but he might suck too.

They weren't winning anything with Quintana. But it was about the choice to go with the Cubs top 2 prospects over what anybody else offered. If the others offers turn out that they would have been better, they fucked up. That's the risk, like I said. The choice is the risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Even if Jimenez busts, all they Sox gave up was a career ( at best) .500 pitcher. Not exactly Brock for Broglio.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Jason and Dan aren't Barstool fans.

Shocking.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Jim Gray wrote:
Experts call it "the LeBron-omy," a commodities exJames.

:lol: :lol: . Lebron is basically their Brett Favre to John Madden.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:05 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Even if Jimenez busts, all they Sox gave up was a career ( at best) .500 pitcher. Not exactly Brock for Broglio.

Yeah but everyone else thinks he's good. And giving him up in his prime on that contract for a return that ends up being all busts would really suck. He does have value.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FavreFan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yeah but everyone else thinks he's good. And giving him up in his prime on that contract for a return that ends up being all busts would really suck. He does have value.

I think I'm going to have to rewatch Better Call Saul because you know what you are talking about here.

Bird in the hand. 28-year-old lefty with a proven track record of success and inning-eating with 3+ years of control.

If that doesn't work out, it's just bad luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Nothing you said means there is no risk for either team.

If Quintana underperformed and Jimenez is the next Nick Swisher, the Cubs look bad.

If none of those prospects pan out, Hahn should have gotten more from someone else.

I guess the more I think about it, a better way I could phrase it is that this is a safe trade for both teams. Yes, there is risk that either team can win or lose the trade but even if the return for the Cubs or Sox doesn't pan out, it was still a logical, even trade at the time it was made.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: Well yeah. I guess at least the teams can say we weren't paying him a bunch of money not to win games for us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Alright rogue, I know you are in the camp with jorr, FF and one or two other guys on Q, Lackey was a pretty valuable pitcher last year for us, he was 11-8 with 3.35 era.... You don't think Q can outdo that next year for half the salary?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next