It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

when he's talking about serious race issues. When he's talking about pretty women. When he's talking about basketball players that he loves. Lebron is the most obvious. But right now he just waxed poetic about Lonzo Ball. Goff is in love with this guy. The voice got really low and serious when describing his game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I bet Jason hasn't loved a light-skinned brother this much since Michael Jackson fell into a vat of bleach.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
Jason should do the reverse Kap career move. Quit radio and become a D1 college assistant.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
I bet Jason hasn't loved a light-skinned brother this much since Michael Jackson fell into a vat of bleach.

What about pink Sammy Sosa?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

On the other hand, Jason's voice gets very high when he's talking about Da Ma Na. Not sure what that means.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is he crying today?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
MartyD47 wrote:
Jason should do the reverse Kap career move. Quit radio and become a D1 college assistant.

Kap is a butt hole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Douche chills

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff is mad that Mike Tirico doesn't consider himself black. Tirico thinks of himself as an Italian.

I agree with Goff. I'm mad about this as well. Why would you consider yourself a Matt Abbatacola type when you could consider yourself a Jason Goff type. That's just wrong and stupid. Especially when, you know, you actually are black.

Tirico is weird. He says he had a white mom and Dad. Yet somehow he came out black. I don't think that happens much, Mike. I think Mom didn't tell you the truth. You should be smart enough to figure it out what went down. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:57 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Goff is mad that Mike Tirico doesn't consider himself black. Tirico thinks of himself as an Italian.

I agree with Goff. I'm mad about this as well. Why would you consider yourself a Matt Abbatacola type when you could consider yourself a Jason Goff type. That's just wrong and stupid. Especially when, you know, you actually are black.

Tirico is weird. He says he had a white mom and Dad. Yet somehow he came out black. I don't think that happens much, Mike. I think Mom didn't tell you the truth. You should be smart enough to figure it out what went down. :lol:

So why would he consider himself black? :scratch: :scratch:

Michael Todd Tirico grew up in a middle-class Italian-American family in Queens, N.Y. He was an only child raised by his mother, Maria Tirico, after his father, Donald, left when he was four. He’s since lost all contact with his father’s side of the family.

According to a 1990 profile of Tirico in the Syracuse Post-Standard, “because of his dark skin and ethnic features, Tirico says, most people assume he’s black. But he’s seen pictures of his father, his father’s mother, and his father’s sister, all of whom are white.” “The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family,” Tirico told the paper. “And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now.” He further explained, “I know the story sounds like a lot of bull, but it’s the truth. Does it matter to me? Yeah. I’d like to find out the truth at some point, so I can answer questions for my kids. But me? I’m living, I’m working, I’m leading an upstanding life. I don’t worry about it.”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Michael Todd Tirico grew up in a middle-class Italian-American family in Queens, N.Y. He was an only child raised by his mother, Maria Tirico, after his father, Donald, left when he was four. He’s since lost all contact with his father’s side of the family.

According to a 1990 profile of Tirico in the Syracuse Post-Standard, “because of his dark skin and ethnic features, Tirico says, most people assume he’s black. But he’s seen pictures of his father, his father’s mother, and his father’s sister, all of whom are white.” “The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family,” Tirico told the paper. “And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now.” He further explained, “I know the story sounds like a lot of bull, but it’s the truth. Does it matter to me? Yeah. I’d like to find out the truth at some point, so I can answer questions for my kids. But me? I’m living, I’m working, I’m leading an upstanding life. I don’t worry about it.”

Hey Mike, you dumb ass. Your mother cheated on your father with a black dude. She never told you. That's why you're black you idiot. You really haven't been able to add 2+2 after all of these years?

Is he really that dumb?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I wonder why his old man split and he's never been in contact with that side of the family. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I wonder why his old man split and he's never been in contact with that side of the family. :lol:

Must have been a shock for him in the delivery room. Like that scene from that Jim Carey movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm still cracking up at this scenario.

So when little Mikey was 12 or 13 he never thought to ask mom... "Mom, you're white. My Dad is white. Why the hell am I black?"

Ok. Fine. Maybe he was a dumb kid. But when he hit his 20s you might have thought he would have asked mom that question.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm 

Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Hey Mike, you dumb ass. Your mother cheated on your father with a black dude. She never told you. That's why you're black you idiot. You really haven't been able to add 2+2 after all of these years?

Is he really that dumb?

I encountered a situation this weekend similar to this. A woman I know is Brown skin the alleged father is light skinned but their kid is really dark. They have two girls that are the complexion of the mother but their son is really black. I know it isn't as extreme as Tirico's case but I looked at the kid and was like their is no way the guy I know could be the father. Could be wrong but I know I'm not the only one person to have wondered about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Is he really that dumb?

I encountered a situation this weekend similar to this. A woman I know is Brown skin the alleged father is light skinned but their kid is really dark. They have two girls that are the complexion of the mother but their son is really black. I know it isn't as extreme as Tirico's case but I looked at the kid and was like their is no way the guy I know could be the father. Could be wrong but I know I'm not the only one person to have wondered about that.

There was a guy who hung out at the same bar as my dad. The guy and his wife were white and they had a baby. The guy proudly brought the baby to the bar to show him off. As soon as the guy left all the old guys at the bar started cracking up because the baby was so obviously black. Maybe the guy just didn't want to know. It's hard to believe anyone is that stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 pm 

My great grandmother and one of her sisters used to laugh about this. They and their mother passed for white in Kansas back in the 20s and apparently the family worried each time one of the ladies got pregnant.

Just in case they kept a link to the Native American forebears. It was more palatable in their Mississippi home around that time.

And they maintained their voudon inflected faith to scare the hell out of onlookers. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
My great grandmother and one of her sisters used to laugh about this. They and their mother passed for white in Kansas back in the 20s and apparently the family worried each time one of the ladies got pregnant.

Just in case they kept a link to the Native American forebears. It was more palatable in their Mississippi home around that time.

And they maintained their voudon inflected faith to scare the hell out of onlookers. :lol: :wink:

Even if it skipped a generation, for Tirico to not acknowledge that he's black is laughable. He looks in the mirror every day and says "I'm a white Italian".

I still think his mom banged a black dude. That's why Daddy left. Mike should be glad he stuck around until he was 4 with his Dad knowing she was a whore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 am 

reminds me of an old joke about Bear Bryant back when Alabama football didn't allow blacks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 am 

He certainly acts like at Italian...

The first Tirico story involves him hitting on a woman and stalking her after a house party in fall 1992. The woman was a production assistant and "considered an up-and-coming talent," and Tirico went up to her at the party and said "you're the most beautiful woman in here." She walked away, but he kept following her around the party until she finally snapped, "Why don't you fuck off? Get away from me." As she and friends hopped in their car and pulled out of the party, Tirico stepped in front of the car and made the woman stop. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen and I think I'm in love with you," Tirico said. She tried to roll up her window and take off, but Tirico stuck his hand in and tried to wedge it between her thighs. She got away, and the next morning, when they saw each other in the ESPN parking lot, he walked up to her, and she expected him to apologize. Instead, he said, "all I did all day was think about you."

In another story, one female producer — who had been to dinner with Tirico and his fiancee — was startled to receive an email from him saying that he wanted to sleep with her. Later, when the staff went to a bar after a late night covering the NCAA tournament, Tirico approached her and said, "I wish I was single. If I were, I'd throw you on the table right here and fuck your brains out." After she tried to excuse him as drunk, he persisted: "I know you want to screw me. So let's leave." Later, he followed her on the highway and tried to get her to pull over, unsuccessfully.

Tirico was ultimately suspended for three months and is interviewed in the book, where he, like Reynolds, calls the incidents "misunderstandings." He is now doing "Monday Night Football" and is still married.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 am 

I remember when all that stuff came out publicly, and I thought to myself- a guy with that kind of looks (pretty ugly) should probably be more subtle in his approach. It's one thing if Derek Jeter was that forward with women as they would most likely fall for him because of his looks. But for a butt ugly guy to just go right after it is unlikely to work in most cases.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 am 

312player wrote:

:lol: :lol:

That link is hilarious. He's either SEVERELY in denial or one of the dumbest people on Earth.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 am 

denisdman wrote:
I remember when all that stuff came out publicly, and I thought to myself- a guy with that kind of looks (pretty ugly) should probably be more subtle in his approach. It's one thing if Derek Jeter was that forward with women as they would most likely fall for him because of his looks. But for a butt ugly guy to just go right after it is unlikely to work in most cases.

Sir could be one of his love parents.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Somebody is lying.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Sir could be one of his love parents.

Unless you think Sir or Tirico are lying about their ages, it's probably more likely that Tirico is one of Sir's love parents.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
How Tirico still has a high profile job after all of that is beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am 

I like him as a broadcaster.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

To be honest Reader I'm a product of one of those hookups. We never talk about it though my Uncles used to joke about our mut-like status. My Great Aunts are brown skinned or dark While my grandmother was light skinned jet black hair with a pointed nose. All of my grandmother's kids were also light skinned. As I say we sort of knew what it was but it's just something you never quite talked about. My Grandmother would always say that she was going to find her "white family" however. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:32 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure Tirico is taking a lot of backlash for this. Goff isn't the only one mad about this. BROTHERS DON"T CLAIM THAT THEY ARE ITALIAN.

I'll bet you anything that Tirico has a painting of Tony Saprano above his fire place. Mother fucker!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54 am 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

To be honest Reader I'm a product of one of those hookups. We never talk about it though my Uncles used to joke about our mut-like status. My Great Aunts are brown skinned or dark While my grandmother was light skinned jet black hair with a pointed nose. All of my grandmother's kids were also light skinned. As I say we sort of knew what it was but it's just something you never quite talked about. My Grandmother would always say that she was going to find her "white family" however. :lol:

two of the good ones. Welcome aboard!