It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drinky did B&G wrong
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

At least in their minds. Or drinky thought B&G did him wrong. One or the other. That's why he quit. Or that's why Mitch allowed him to say he quit instead of firing him. To let him save face in the media industry and not have that strike against him.

CFMB: Mother fucker!!!!! Lets's finally kill Beardown!!!!

As my friend Beerdown would say while mocking me...THINK ABOUT IT.

1. No mention of drinky leaving the show from Bernstein or Goff. Odd. Matt Spiegel talked about it. If he can, then they can as well. But they didn't out of anger. No "Thanks for the memories" from the guys he worked with for over a decade. No acknowledgement of him at all. That's weird.

2. Possible reason: Goff wanted the sponsor money that drinky was getting. If you noticed, Goff has now taken over the bed and cable ads that drinky once had. I've always said that Boers gave that to drinky. Goff's black ass wanted all he could get as the host of the show. As he should, by the way. But it pissed off drinky.

3. Drinky's giving the bullshit excuse for leaving on his podcast. "I got sick of talking sports". Right. For what? The thrill of driving around selling health supplies? Yeah. That makes sense. 8 hour days driving in a car to visit potential clients as opposed to a 5 hour days in a studio reading the same copy 2 times an hour.

I can come up with more later. Now it's your turn. What happened between "B&G vs Drinky" to force the great drinky to leave the SCORE?

GO!!!!

Post subject: Re: Drinky did B&G wrong
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Beardown wrote:
At least in their minds. Or drinky thought B&G did him wrong. One or the other. That's why he quit. Or that's why Mitch allowed him to say he quit instead of firing him. To let him save face in the media industry and not have that strike against him.

1. No mention of drinky leaving the show from Bernstein or Goff. Odd. Matt Spiegel talked about it. If he can, then they can as well. But they didn't out of anger. No "Thanks for the memories" from the guys he worked with for over a decade. No acknowledgement of him at all. That's weird.

2. Possible reason: Goff wanted the sponsor money that drinky was getting. If you noticed, Goff has now taken over the bed and cable ads that drinky once had. I've always said that Boers gave that to drinky. Goff's black ass wanted all he could get as the host of the show. As he should, by the way. But it pissed off drinky.

3. Drinky's giving the bullshit excuse for leaving on his podcast. "I got sick of talking sports". Right. For what? The thrill of driving around selling health supplies? Yeah. That makes sense. 8 hour days driving in a car to visit potential clients as opposed to a 5 hour days in a studio reading the same copy 2 times an hour.

I can come up with more later. Now it's your turn. What happened between "B&G vs Drinky" to force the great drinky to leave the SCORE?

GO!!!!

What? I mean do you read these out loud before posting?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Harvard Dan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

GO!!!!

What? I mean do you read these out loud before posting?

Would you prefer I say "Goff's white ass". I'm making fun of Goff cuz that's how he talks. You gotta be able to get the reference. Stay with me or get out of the thread. It's cool if it's over your head. My humor isn't meant for the stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
A bit within your bit? Long day painting totally missed the nuance.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:29 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Seems realistic.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

GO!!!!

I don't follow this as closely as you do (or at all really other than some of the threads on here that I try to read when I get time), but Matt A. may have wanted more air time than he was being offered at the Score. Now, whether that meant he had an issue with Goff, etc., I have no idea, but if you've been at a job for over a decade and don't feel like there are opportunities for you, whether deserved or not, you may decide to look elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'll bite...

Matt was wildly attracted to Julie D and couldn't control his urges for her so he decided that he needed to leave the station before he gave into his wild desire for her. It was self preservation from himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
This whole thing doesn't pass the spell test.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

There is one person and only one person that can solve the feud, bring these 3 back together and restore order to the force.

I'll let you guys guess that person before I give the answer.

GO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
There is one person and only one person that can solve the feud, bring these 3 back together and restore order to the force.

I'll let you guys guess that person before I give the answer.

GO!!!!

DA MA NA!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

drinky to B&G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 am 

All of the open spots for the foreseeable future were filled by people younger than Matt. He had no future on air at the station. You saw how upset the not-so-young set at the station were at the lineup changes. Sir's response was to continue working occasional night shifts for the next 30 years. Rongey's response was to move to another market. drinky's response was to leave the industry.

Drinky will end up more financially well off than either of the other two because of his move.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
All of the open spots for the foreseeable future were filled by people younger than Matt. He had no future on air at the station. You saw how upset the not-so-young set at the station were at the lineup changes. Sir's response was to continue working occasional night shifts for the next 30 years. Rongey's response was to move to another market. drinky's response was to leave the industry.

Drinky will end up more financially well off than either of the other two because of his move.

Yeah there are literally thousands of mid 40s , no skills , dumb as a stump , career change financial success stories.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah there are literally thousands of mid 40s , no skills , dumb as a stump , career change financial success stories.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

GD might be onto something here, though, at least as it pertains to Rongey, and perhaps with Holmes too, depending on what he makes a year (I can't imagine he's actually getting much north of $100K to work part time during the summer and fall). With Rongey, he moved to a new market...to be the third wheel of a show in another market, that's not something that pays as well as other positions in talk, even sports-talk. It'd be a great position for someone breaking into the industry (ahem) but for someone who had a steady, full time gig in the same industry in a much larger market? It becomes less of an accomplishment.

As for Drinky, he's a smiling guy who gives off an affable vibe, so he could probably do very well in sales, somewhere, depending on how hard he can make himself work. Of course, he may have really just gotten sick of the culture at the station, and is holding out hope that he can latch on at another sports talk station.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Rongey went home, though. His family is in St. Louis. It's a smaller market but he's now a talk show host. So that's probably more money then being an update boy in Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
Rongey went home, though. His family is in St. Louis. It's a smaller market but he's now a talk show host. So that's probably more money then being an update boy in Chicago.

You'd be surprised what 3rd chairing an already-established sports talk show in the #22 radio market can pull down. It might in fact be comparable with his salary as a full-time anchor. Of course the work may be much more rewarding than writing then reading copy (and being assaulted by drops), but this is a salary discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You'd be surprised what 3rd chairing an already-established sports talk show in the #22 radio market can pull down. It might in fact be comparable with his salary as a full-time anchor. Of course the work may be much more rewarding than writing then reading copy (and being assaulted by drops), but this is a salary discussion.

I don't think Rongey was a full time anchor at the SCORE. Before they went with Julie and drinky as the two full timers, they would just rotate a bunch of guys. Now it's Joe Ostrowski full time in the mornings and they went back to a rotation for the afternoons.