It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Empty Room
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I guess all of the souls have been moved... moved to other stations/podcasts.

Post subject: Re: Empty Room
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
As Samuel L. Jackson once said:

"Explain".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:13 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

it seems like the daily show threads are becoming fewer and fewer. I guess no one is left listening other than Douchebag and BRick, and even they are phoning it in as listeners with an occasional "good show" comment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

it seems like the daily show threads are becoming fewer and fewer. I guess no one is left listening other than Douchebag and BRick, and even they are phoning it in as listeners with an occasional "good show" comment.

Ahhhhh, thank you.

I remember way back when the daily show threads were 5-6 pages, but that memory is fading fast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:19 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

It's not worth it. Everyone here just complains about a show they don't listen to or attacks Goff and wants him gone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

"Example."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

It's not worth it. Everyone here just complains about a show they don't listen to or attacks Goff and wants him gone.

taking off your old B&B fan hat, you have to honestly admit that Goff probably is not a good partner for Bernstein or even a good host. He would be a great producer/3rd man, but he cannot be relied upon to lead a show.

Before he went to Atlanta, he often was almost a 3rd man in the booth and he could be great in that role. I would point to the Tyler Hansbrough "Chicken Little" reading as an example of good radio with Goff in that role.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Goff could be a good host. He got Bernstein-ized.

He's a sports nerd who called the station as a kid. His on-air personality of being too-cool and condescending listeners is not him.

While Bernstein on-air act is easy for him because he's a legit asswipe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 am 

The BadRogue's of the board are just listening even more closely and documenting every word written on twitter by anyone employed by The Score that they don't have time to post about the show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am 

Agreed, this show, and Bernstein for that matter, have definitely "Jumped the Shark"...

On that same note, is it safe to say the phrase "Jumped the Shark", has Jumped the Shark?
No one uses it as much anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:28 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

taking off your old B&B fan hat, you have to honestly admit that Goff probably is not a good partner for Bernstein or even a good host. He would be a great producer/3rd man, but he cannot be relied upon to lead a show.

Before he went to Atlanta, he often was almost a 3rd man in the booth and he could be great in that role. I would point to the Tyler Hansbrough "Chicken Little" reading as an example of good radio with Goff in that role.
I like Goff. The problem with the show is that they act like the audience should be interested in whatever they are interested in. They need a producer that can tell them "We know you love national NBA stuff but it bores a lot of listeners so how about we spend a lot more time on local sports?".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

I like Goff. The problem with the show is that they act like the audience should be interested in whatever they are interested in. They need a producer that can tell them "We know you love national NBA stuff but it bores a lot of listeners so how about we spend a lot more time on local sports?".

In all honesty, I'd say that failure rests more on Mitch. As the PD he is responsible for the content and if the producers aren't doing their job he needs to step in.

From Mac's interview with Dr. Ken, it sounded like Mitch would tell Mac not to talk hockey. Mitch needs to do the same with Bernstein re the basketball talk.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Kap & company should be listened to by everyone here.

He is a cross between Mike North,Chet Coppock & Mel Cooley from the old Dick Van Dyke Show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Can't be a thread if fewer people listen each day. The second I hear that piece of shit Goffs voice I switch the channel.

Get rid of that racist jag Goff and I'd listen everyday like before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
In all honesty, I'd say that failure rests more on Mitch. As the PD he is responsible for the content and if the producers aren't doing their job he needs to step in.

From Mac's interview with Dr. Ken, it sounded like Mitch would tell him not to talk hockey. Mitch needs to do the same with Bernstein re the basketball talk.

I wonder his job description is. Seriously, what are his daily tasks other than hiding under desks when hosts walk by?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:34 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:

"Explain".

"Example."

:oops:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

He is a cross between Mike North,Chet Coppock & Mel Cooley from the old Dick Van Dyke Show.

I listen to the show when I'm in town, but I think whenever he pairs with Jordan Cornette the game is upped significantly. Cornette is turning into a nice contrarian counterpoint to Kap's ridiculousness.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 am 

I listen to transition, and if it sounds like there might be an interesting topic in the agenda, I hang in for a while. Most days, I'm done after transition. I don't enjoy the shtick of either Bernstein or Goff.

However, I'll occasionally get interested. Case in point: I enjoyed Goff's take on the Bears' training camp. He was extremely critical, but used his past experience of observing camps to relate to what he was seeing. It was good radio, and doesn't bode well for the Beloved.

If they could just talk local sports, and not the NBA and politics, it might be a good show. But that is not important radio, nor does it move the soul-- it is simply a distraction from everyday life, which MANY of us need.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Heisenberg wrote:
However, I'll occasionally get interested. Case in point: I enjoyed Goff's take on the Bears' training camp. He was extremely critical, but used his past experience of observing camps to relate to what he was seeing. It was good radio, and doesn't bode well for the Beloved.

Case in point.

So a guy doing sports radio is unaware that the changes in practices and their content are a function of a new CBA that effects every team in the NFL. Not just the Bears.

It doesn't bode well for their show moving forward.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Mid Days is really the only palatable show anymore. The non stop NBA talk is really something that steers people away. The constant bashing of the NHL of how they handle things is stupid as well. They should have attempted to make a splash or brought in someone who has done the job before at a high level to replace Boers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The problem with the show is that they act like the audience should be interested in whatever they are interested in.

That sounds like a pretty serious problem. :lol: Sort of like Telander writing about the Dartmouth women's swim team or Bob Greene writing about Baby Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I've said it many times over the years. If you truly despise this show, and/or the people who host it then complain to the advertisers.

I understand a critique here or there, but day after day constantly whining about the goddamn 1-6pm show on a msg board is just ridiculous. How much do you hate yourself to listen to hate listen to this show? We get it. It sucks. Now instead of crying about it every day, be proactive. Take steps by yourself, or with a group of people to force changes on the show. Obviously, Mitch doesn't give a fuck what you type here.

Enough people complain to advertisers/sponsors I promise things will change. Spam CBS radio's email. Do something besides tell us how much Goff sucks, and Bernstein has gone off the deep end.

Have a blessed day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:

You should get an MRI.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Jbi11s wrote:
I've said it many times over the years. If you truly despise this show, and/or the people who host it then complain to the advertisers.

I understand a critique here or there, but day after day constantly whining about the goddamn 1-6pm show on a msg board is just ridiculous. How much do you hate yourself to listen to hate listen to this show? We get it. It sucks. Now instead of crying about it every day, be proactive. Take steps by yourself, or with a group of people to force changes on the show. Obviously, Mitch doesn't give a fuck what you type here.

Enough people complain to advertisers/sponsors I promise things will change. Spam CBS radio's email. Do something besides tell us how much Goff sucks, and Bernstein has gone off the deep end.

Have a blessed day.

I enjoy ripping on the show and reading other takedowns. No, I don't listen or download anymore but I hear enough during transition and during the occasional drive that keeps my disgust for the show intact. I listened to B&B for years everyday and it pisses me off that this POS show has replaced it. That anger is what keeps me posting here and on other social media. I don't find it ridiculous- I kinda enjoy it.

Contact sponsors? Nah, too much work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Mid Days is really the only palatable show anymore. The non stop NBA talk is really something that steers people away. The constant bashing of the NHL of how they handle things is stupid as well. They should have attempted to make a splash or brought in someone who has done the job before at a high level to replace Boers.

Yuck. Midday show sucks. Hypersensitive Spiegs and a good sports thought is non existent. Add to that the nonsense about meatpants lame ass band and his kid makes him the 2nd most punchable face on the score.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:05 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You should get an MRI.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:24 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You should get an MRI.

That doesn't look like any MRI I've ever gotten.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:06 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Have a blessed day.

Isn't critiquing sports radio the primary purpose of this board?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Heisenberg wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Have a blessed day.

Isn't critiquing sports radio the primary purpose of this board?

Not really? Maybe? I'm just saying the every day haters are kind of annoying. The Goff sucks, Bernstein crazy narrative has become repetitive. All I'm suggesting is a solution to all this perceived annoyance the hate listeners have. You want changes? There are ways to make that happen.