It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
DAC wrote:
Not starting a new thread, but literally the first words out of Goff's mouth today during transition were about his kid. PTFB

I couldn't help myself but listen to this. I love how Goff's analogy was police brutality. And that was in the first 3 minutes of transition.

Oh that's where he ultimately went with it? I couldn't make it that far. He started mentioning his kid's fingernails and I just turned off the radio and spoke to myself for the rest of the drive home.

It was a quick comment. Goff talked about his kid being buckled in his seat getting poked and compared it to someone in handcuffs getting thrown down the stairs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:
Not starting a new thread, but literally the first words out of Goff's mouth today during transition were about his kid. PTFB

I couldn't help myself but listen to this. I love how Goff's analogy was police brutality. And that was in the first 3 minutes of transition.

Oh that's where he ultimately went with it? I couldn't make it that far. He started mentioning his kid's fingernails and I just turned off the radio and spoke to myself for the rest of the drive home.

Why does that bother you? People with kids generally will talk about them. Is your expectation wall to wall sports with no filler? If it is you're probably will be disappointed. No one can talk sports exclusively for 25 hours a week.

Maybe because Goff used to make fun of people who did that?

Yeah that's one of those things that you instantly learn you were wrong about once you have kids.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DAC wrote:
DAC wrote:

It was a quick comment. Goff talked about his kid being buckled in his seat getting poked and compared it to someone in handcuffs getting thrown down the stairs.

I guess it beats being made into lampshades

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:

Why does that bother you?

I'll just respond to this, and not the rest of your odd defensiveness (although I think I know why you get defensive here):

Because Goff needs to get better at telling a story, at making it compelling, or riveting, or funny, or whatever. On top of that, his stories, and thus his filler, always being about his child.

Put those things together, and you get a sports talk show (which is more often than not about political issues and LeBron) crammed with lame stories about the child of a man who was just calling me racist.

Why do you enjoy it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:

I'll just respond to this, and not the rest of your odd defensiveness (although I think I know why you get defensive here):

Because Goff needs to get better at telling a story, at making it compelling, or riveting, or funny, or whatever. On top of that, his stories, and thus his filler, always being about his child.

Put those things together, and you get a sports talk show (which is more often than not about political issues and LeBron) crammed with lame stories about the child of a man who was just calling me racist.

Why do you enjoy it?

I ignore it. It's just something you learn to expect and tune out. Especially from new parents. It's like you're looking for reasons to be annoyed or upset so you tune in to get your fix. That can't be healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:

Why do you enjoy it?

I ignore it. It's just something you learn to expect and tune out. Especially from new parents. It's like you're looking for reasons to be annoyed or upset so you tune in to get your fix. That can't be healthy.

Guy who likes sports-talk radio wants sports talk radio to be good, and will sample it. News at 11. :roll:

If you want to concern troll, get better at it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

Mac talked about his kid all the time but nobody mentioned it. Now Jason does it and you're up in arms.

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Mac talked about his kid all the time but nobody mentioned it. Now Jason does it and you're up in arms.

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

We know why...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

I did notice that one of those Twitter goofs that trolls DiCaro referred to bernstein's kid as "Jewnior" today. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:

Why do you enjoy it?

Guy who likes sports-talk radio wants sports talk radio to be good, and will sample it. News at 11. :roll:

Now you're getting defensive. I just want you to be happy my friend. I just think life is better when you don't seek out things that offend you or piss you off. Clearly Goff and Bernstein piss you off because they have MANY social views that you disagree. Goff is still a little green and longwinded and the show isn't structured the way you like.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff was always a "I don't want to hear stories about your damn kid" guy when he was hitting the clubs and hanging with gang members. Now that he has one, he wants to tell you stories of the kid taking a shit and puking. He's become Kathy Lee Gifford.

These are stories you tell to your family. Not to sports radio listeners. Especially brothers. Brothers don't do this. Goff would have agreed with me before he had a kid. He's becoming more white every day.

Everybody has the same baby stories. Goff, like so many other new parents, thinks his stories are unique.

Chirst, I'm officially more black than Goff now. And I'm just a lowly cracker. That's sad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm 

Yeah no one ever told Bernstein to stfu about his kid on the air .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:

I think it was more about ignoring his other child.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I think it was more about ignoring his other child.

That's because he hates girls/women. To go along with hating brown people.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:14 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

My full-time intro to the Dan McNeil Radio Experience was Mac n' Spiegs, and to be honest I didn't hear him talk about his son all that often.

But if he did and not as many people complained about it as are complaining about Goff doing the same, maybe it's because one of the two is better at turning things into radio content?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Goff was always a "I don't want to hear stories about your damn kid" guy when he was hitting the clubs and hanging with gang members. Now that he has one, he wants to tell you stories of the kid taking a shit and puking. He's become Kathy Lee Gifford.

lol Kathie Lee Gofford

Best believe Cody pooped on the floor. Brothers don't wear diapers; they'll have to deal with enough whites when they get older.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:21 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

My full-time intro to the Dan McNeil Radio Experience was Mac n' Spiegs, and to be honest I didn't hear him talk about his son all that often.

But if he did and not as many people complained about it as are complaining about Goff doing the same, maybe it's because one of the two is better at turning things into radio content?

Or that Mac wasn't actively making fun of other people who did.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I will just say Mac telling us he will take his autistic son to Vegas to get laid at the Mustang Ranch when he turns 21 is more interesting. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not the smartest man and I can be a little naive but I will never understand why folks want to be everything they say they hate. Bernstein and Goff are assholes so folks try to be even bigger assholes to them. It's one of the reasons I can never understand the "woke" people. Their end game is to become the oppressors. How does this make sense?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Because Bernstein can tell a story without stammering all over himself. It's as simple as Goff is not interesting or funny and he takes twice as long to tell a story or ask a questions compared to any of the other hosts on the Score. While Bernstein can be a real penis he makes good observations and he's interesting. And to go a step further, I don't want to hear Goff talk about his weekend, what he's watching on TV, where he got carry-out from, or any of the other everyday stories Goff tells.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:34 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

I have a problem with any host that talks about his personal life all the time. Doesn't necessarily have to be kid related. Mac's personal stories were boring to me also. Cottage Man Cave Grilling weren't compelling radio either. I always appreciated the fact that guys like Boers never delved into their personal life that much. He'd talk about his professional history and to me that was cool because it was relevant to sports.

People that go out of their way to make their life interesting tend to be not all that interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

WONDER WHY THAT IS??????

How's that?

I have a problem with any host that talks about his personal life all the time. Doesn't necessarily have to be kid related. Mac's personal stories were boring to me also. Cottage Man Cave Grilling weren't compelling radio either. I always appreciated the fact that guys like Boers never delved into their personal life that much. He'd talk about his professional history and to me that was cool because it was relevant to sports.

People that go out of their way to make their life interesting tend to be not all that interesting.

It's tough to pull off, but it can be done. Dahl did a pretty good job of it, and Carolla finds a way to riff on his family for some yuks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Beardown wrote:

this is the only reason he gets shit on about it.

but Nas is right. people without kids don't realize that kids are pretty much your life once you have them and therefore you talk about them. before you have them you can't really wrap your head around it because its totally different than any other form of love.

i dont' think its required but if i was goff i'd be like, "i know i used to say......but now i get it"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:17 am 

After 3 minutes of Goff's kid story which Parkins had no contributions to, the rest of the transition was very good. Goff had some interesting stories about the Atlanta sports show he was on and B&G told some Boers stories.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:55 am 

when goff was talking about how his boss was like, say OUR falcons or OUR hawks he was like, all these other guys aren't from here why would they say that...i gotta keep it real thats not good radio!!! and yet they still have jobs there.

was interesting reading the comments from atlantians on 92.9's fb page when they announced he was gone. pretty much the exact same criticisms everyone here has. long winded questions, knowitall, makes fun of callers and fans, etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 am 

hnd wrote:
when goff was talking about how his boss was like, say OUR falcons or OUR hawks he was like, all these other guys aren't from here why would they say that...i gotta keep it real thats not good radio!!! and yet they still have jobs there.

was interesting reading the comments from atlantians on 92.9's fb page when they announced he was gone. pretty much the exact same criticisms everyone here has. long winded questions, knowitall, makes fun of callers and fans, etc etc.

Absolutely SHOCKING that Smart guy radio didnt work in the deep south.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:00 pm 

hnd wrote:

Yeah, I never heard his Atlanta show, but when I was following him on twitter (I'm now blocked, for some reason), I got the sense that he was trying to do the Dan Bernstein Bit instead of finding his own character.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Absolutely SHOCKING that Smart guy radio didnt work in the deep south.

Just read that Trump has an 85% approval rating in Alabama. Just sayin'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 pm 

hnd wrote:

Yeah, I never heard his Atlanta show, but when I was following him on twitter (I'm now blocked, for some reason), I got the sense that he was trying to do the Dan Bernstein Bit instead of finding his own character.

seemingly. i have a buddy who lives outside atlanta. he's from chicago and he said the only reason that he enjoyed goff was because he talked about chicago ALL THE TIME. so he was like, i'm sure thats bad radio for atlanta but it was nice hearing chicago stuff. he also assumed that goff was a personality in chicago and not just a producer because he was like, the guy had a smugness about himself that was offputting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Southerners love to be condescended to by Northerners. I mean, shit, the Dan Bernstein bit isn't even an unqualified success in Chicago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next