It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
good race talk during the 5 o clock hour... jason and dan dumbfounded that rural yokels are STILL racist.... riveting radio

Yeah. Seems like every show Goff goes into one of his rants where he gets very serious and says "I don't understand how people don't like people because they're brown."

Look, it sucks. I agree, Jason. People are racist. By now Goff should understand it. People suck. Always have. Always will. But Goff has the wonderful whites at the SCORE to hang out with. The good ones. The guys that know how to hide their racism in public. Like Dan Bernstein. So Goff should be happy for that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I was driving and there was a commercial on ESPN so I flipped over to cross talk with Holmes. Goff is lecturing about a text and how he's gonna "keep it real" and how he only cares about 5 people's opinion blah, blah, blah. I changed to music for the rest of the drive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
The weird thing is that even if everyone south of I80 are as bad as they think why is that good radio for Chicago?

I don't listen often but I think I turned it on at the same time JLN did. I was hoping to hear some Bears or baseball talk. I didn't really disagree with anything that was said but I didn't think that was a big enough issue to discuss.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good race talk during the 5 o clock hour... jason and dan dumbfounded that rural yokels are STILL racist.... riveting radio

Yeah. Seems like every show Goff goes into one of his rants where he gets very serious and says "I don't understand how people don't like people because they're brown."

Look, it sucks. I agree, Jason. People are racist. By now Goff should understand it. People suck. Always have. Always will. But Goff has the wonderful whites at the SCORE to hang out with. The good ones. The guys that know how to hide their racism in public. Like Dan Bernstein. So Goff should be happy for that.

I can't say if I got bigoted or racist text messages everyday that I wouldn't be annoyed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
The weird thing is that even if everyone south of I80 are as bad as they think why is that good radio for Chicago?

I don't listen often but I think I turned it on at the same time JLN did. I was hoping to hear some Bears or baseball talk. I didn't really disagree with anything that was said but I didn't think that was a big enough issue to discuss.

Nobody disagrees that racism is bad unless you are a racist. Guess what? You're not gonna flip those jack asses.

I just don't understand why Goff and Bernstein have to constantly say racism is bad on a sports show. Sometimes I think Goff thinks he's the only one that thinks racism is bad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Maybe they figured out they do a certain amount of business in the white 25-54 demo and they want to grow? They have shown they can piss all over their audience so let's get more diversity in the ratings?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
DAC wrote:
I was driving and there was a commercial on ESPN so I flipped over to cross talk with Holmes. Goff is lecturing about a text and how he's gonna "keep it real" and how he only cares about 5 people's opinion blah, blah, blah. I changed to music for the rest of the drive.

Moving souls one at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Maybe they figured out they do a certain amount of business in the white 25-54 demo and they want to grow? They have shown they can piss all over their audience so let's get more diversity in the ratings?

Goff: Brothers know Bernstein is a racist despite the fact that he pretends to decry racism. So that's a bad theory. I have to ignore it, cuz, ya know, playa wants the job.

Beardown: Exactly. Well said, Jason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
billypootons wrote:

On of the shows from last week, when talking about Colin Kaepernick, the topic of the military flying jets over the stadium came up; Bernstein said, paraphrasing, "that the military bombs brown people on the behalf of us". Talk about a scumbag comment to make. He gets suspended for making boob comments, but accuses the military of killing people because of their skin color??? Recently, Bernstein compared President Trump to O.J. Simpson. Even Goff that was over the top. Julie DeCairo compared the recent immigration plan that was introduced to how the Nazi movement started.

I'm not calling for anyone to be fired or suspended, but some of these comments are pretty radical.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Nobody disagrees that racism is bad unless you are a racist. Guess what? You're not gonna flip those jack asses.

I just don't understand why Goff and Bernstein have to constantly say racism is bad on a sports show. Sometimes I think Goff thinks he's the only one that thinks racism is bad.

They talk about racism because they believe their microphone goes beyond sports now. They've both said they can't stay quiet in the time of Trump. #Resist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Kapernick is doing this all because of this gf. After she dumps him he'll realize he's been played for a fool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

They talk about racism because they believe their microphone goes beyond sports now. They've both said they can't stay quiet in the time of Trump. #Resist

They're speaking truth to power and MANY of you guys are uncomfortable with it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

They're speaking truth to power and MANY of you guys are uncomfortable with it

Bernstein is racist as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:00 pm 

True. Makes his stand that much more heroic

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's not just Bernstein that's racist.

Goff hates whitey. Despite his denial, he was dropping "dumb ass cracker" drops for years.

It's a weird thing with these two. They're both racists that fight racism on the radio. They both think that they are entitled racists. They just don't like the dumb racists.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
BD wrote:
Bernstein said, paraphrasing, "that the military bombs brown people on the behalf of us".

Yes, they do, and Dan voted for a presidential candidate who loves to "bomb brown people" for us.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
HawaiiYou wrote:
Kapernick is doing this all because of this gf. After she dumps him he'll realize he's been played for a fool.

called that a long time ago.

hnd wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
as i flip through my cd collection, i recognize a few times where i was no better than colin kaepernick...

a tori amos cd....10,000 maniacs cd....luscious jackson cd.....

You deserve it.

i wasnt' as committed as collin to get up in some girls guts enough to piss of millions of people, but lady parts still had a strong hold on me enough for me to go to 1 lillith fair.

blech....this nomination is totally legit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hey, 1994's Natural Ingredients is a good Luscious Jackson album.

There's no defending Tori Amos.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
DAC wrote:

moving them up the dial :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
DAC wrote:

moving them up the dial :lol:

Nah.

B&G pisses me off. Waddle and Silvy bore me. If I was driving more than 10 minutes I would have started a podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Not starting a new thread, but literally the first words out of Goff's mouth today during transition were about his kid. PTFB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Not starting a new thread, but literally the first words out of Goff's mouth today during transition were about his kid. PTFB

I keep giving the show a chance on the way home from work (ESPN while in the office). I turn it on around 4:30 yesterday and just a ton of laughing about nonsense. W&S were all about some concussion talk. Music time.

I just need to go on a massive hunt for podcasts that I like or something because these shows are terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:19 pm 

You bitch when he talks about race , bitch when he talks about his kid. Wtf is he supposed to talk about , dude?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:

You bitch when he talks about race , bitch when he talks about his kid. Wtf is he supposed to talk about , dude?

Well I am guilty of being pissed about that stuff too. There was a crappy Cubs game last night. The Bears are in training camp. I would start there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
DAC wrote:
B&G pisses me off. Waddle and Silvy bore me. If I was driving more than 10 minutes I would have started a podcast.

You mean listened to or recorded one?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Well I am guilty of being pissed about that stuff too. There was a crappy Cubs game last night. The Bears are in training camp. I would start there.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 pm 

I couldn't help myself but listen to this. I love how Goff's analogy was police brutality. And that was in the first 3 minutes of transition.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
DAC wrote:

I couldn't help myself but listen to this. I love how Goff's analogy was police brutality. And that was in the first 3 minutes of transition.

Oh that's where he ultimately went with it? I couldn't make it that far. He started mentioning his kid's fingernails and I just turned off the radio and spoke to myself for the rest of the drive home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

DAC wrote:

Oh that's where he ultimately went with it? I couldn't make it that far. He started mentioning his kid's fingernails and I just turned off the radio and spoke to myself for the rest of the drive home.

Why does that bother you? People with kids generally will talk about them. Is your expectation wall to wall sports with no filler? If it is you're probably will be disappointed. No one can talk sports exclusively for 25 hours a week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:

Why does that bother you? People with kids generally will talk about them. Is your expectation wall to wall sports with no filler? If it is you're probably will be disappointed. No one can talk sports exclusively for 25 hours a week.

Maybe because Goff used to make fun of people who did that?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next