It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Fans Show
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:49 pm 

Man, it's been ages since I listened to B & G, and what do I get. 5 min of ranting from Jason on "a type of Cubs fan." They aint nothing gonna turn me off faster to a show when they start going in on a certain perceived fanbase. The only thing I hate worse, is when B & G start telling me how this or that player or team is good guys or bad guys. It's a lot quieter now in my office, although I'll have Pandora on in a second.

Post subject: Re: A Fans Show
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's about time someone went in on twentysomething white guys who like the Cubs. Their foibles have gone thoroughly unacknowledged for far too long. Let's talk about hot dog condiments next.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
VI wrote:
Man, it's been ages since I listened to B & G, and what do I get. 5 min of ranting from Jason on "a type of Cubs fan." They aint nothing gonna turn me off faster to a show when they start going in on a certain perceived fanbase. The only thing I hate worse, is when B & G start telling me how this or that player or team is good guys or bad guys. It's a lot quieter now in my office, although I'll have Pandora on in a second.

My God, is nobody at the station going to tell these guys to quit it with that kind of stuff? BARELY winning your time slot when you have a couple hours a week of Cubs baseball propping you up is certainly cause to double and triple down on these kinds of topics.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I want to listen to the podcast and cross-check it with the Chapo from this week where Felix Biederman did a rant about "a certain type of Cubs fan" who acts tough and calls everyone gay. Sounds like a Sox fan. Hell, sounds like Jason.