It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
And if people are listening out of hatred, who cares?

Because they're shitting up board memes with their constant bitching. That's why.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:06 pm 

Jim Rome
18 hrs ·
LISTEN: This is a sports show, but when Nazis are marching in broad daylight, I'm not going to ignore it.
https://soundcloud.com/t…/081417-reaction-to-charlottesville

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Can someone hop in the Way Back Machine and let me know if there was as much air time dedicated by sports media pundits to decrying and villainizing muslim extremists and their sympathizers the day after the Pulse shooting? Or was the talk then "It's bad, but #NotAll, and sports are a release for people so now on to minicamps"? Or even San Bernadino? My gut reaction is that the tone, tenor, and amplitude of each event's respective coverage was different, but I honestly cannot recall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:20 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Can someone hop in the Way Back Machine and let me know if there was as much air time dedicated by sports media pundits to decrying and villainizing muslim extremists and their sympathizers the day after the Pulse shooting? Or was the talk then "It's bad, but #NotAll, and sports are a release for people so now on to minicamps"? Or even San Bernadino? My gut reaction is that the tone, tenor, and amplitude of each event's respective coverage was different, but I honestly cannot recall.

Paging Dr. JORR...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Because they're shitting up board memes with their constant bitching. That's why.

Is crying about the criers still crying ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Is crying about the criers still crying ?

Yup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
For me I think it's more of a habit. It's like a second nature to put the show on at 1pm. Then politics and SJW stuff starts and I usually turn it off. Sometimes I do keep listening. Then I come here and see what you guys are saying just to make sure that I'm not the only crazy one. Sports talk was an outlet away from all our bullshit, now it's inundating our sports. It's kinda depressing for me. I do sometimes go a few days even weeks without listening now that Goff is there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm 

McDude wrote:
For me I think it's more of a habit. It's like a second nature to put the show on at 1pm. Then politics and SJW stuff starts and I usually turn it off. Sometimes I do keep listening. Then I come here and see what you guys are saying just to make sure that I'm not the only crazy one. Sports talk was an outlet away from all our bullshit, now it's inundating our sports. It's kinda depressing for me. I do sometimes go a few days even weeks without listening now that Goff is there.

Fuckin' cops.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Which is sad. Not sure why it is like this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
McDude wrote:

Fuckin' cops.

They moved on from us. It's you dirty white Nazi's now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:31 pm 

Psh. Same difference .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Psh. Same difference .

No, we protect the "Establishment" we're just pawns.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·
LISTEN: This is a sports show, but when Nazis are marching in broad daylight, I'm not going to ignore it.

These backwards, knuckle-dragging Neo-Nazi groups have been marching in broad daylight for decades. This isn't a shocking new development.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:15 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

These backwards, knuckle-dragging Neo-Nazi groups have been marching in broad daylight for decades. This isn't a shocking new development.

Have they?

What is the difference this time then? Social Media? Bigger group?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

Have they?

It may have been a bigger group (I don't know how many there were) and I think social media has a lot to do with it. "Professional" protestors who are there with the intention of causing chaos don't help, either.

There have been towns in which these groups have petitioned for a permit to march, after much consternation have been granted a permit to march, and rather than deal with the headache of counter protests, the security involved, and general upheaval, local officials organized buses to take people someplace, like to a mall or something, and discouraged people from showing up to yell at the Nazis. No counter protests means these groups do not get the reaction they want, they march down an empty street, and that's pretty much the end of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

Have they?

Would it be fair to call today's Nazis, whether anime or actual, the successors to the white nationalists and militia movements of the 1990s? You could argue that we've been building to this point for the better part of a quarter-century. Trump is only a symptom, not the disease by any means.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

Have they?

I have been asking myself since Saturday why all of the sudden in 2017 have the statues become such a thing to cause death and rioting. They have been around awhile and I recall flag issues a way back but something seems weird. All of the sudden people woke up and were truly hurt by the statues.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

Have they?

Would it be fair to call today's Nazis, whether anime or actual, the successors to the white nationalists and militia movements of the 1990s? You could argue that we've been building to this point for the better part of a quarter-century. Trump is only a symptom, not the disease by any means.

The 90s groups were some of the first people to colonize the Internet. But yeah, it's much the same movement. Obama getting elected, continued immigration, poor economics, and Trump getting elected have given them a shot in the arm.

The 90s people had that quasi-religious thing, too. They recruited the same dead-eyed, disaffected, and often mentally ill (or mentally struggling) people. Hell, they even asked me to join.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Jim Rome
18 hrs ·

Have they?

I have been asking myself since Saturday why all of the sudden in 2017 have the statues become such a thing to cause death and rioting. They have been around awhile and I recall flag issues a way back but something seems weird. All of the sudden people woke up and were truly hurt by the statues.

Lee Highway runs for a long way in Northern Virginia.

I'm wondering how long before the name change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I would like one of you Twitter folks to remind Jason how the world perceives the horrors he saw in Evanston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sZpEEvw0Q

The biggest horror I experienced in Evanston was a botched snap on a punt at the end of NU vs Miami of Ohio game in 95.

they'd have been undefeated (in the reggalar season) if not for that. and blowing that huge lead.

Yep. Couldn't believe it. That team wasn't good enough to be undefeated but they did find ways to win. I'm also not sure they don't win the Rose Bowl if Fitz didn't break his leg vs Iowa and the kicker didn't blow out his knee during the Wisconsin blowout.

that was an ass-kicking, the game against wisconsin. they still could have won that game . . . i was begging for USC to switch QBs, but, unlike the rest of the season, they stuck with the hot hand. great season, though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
"Professional" protestors who are there with the intention of causing chaos don't help, either.

There have been towns in which these groups have petitioned for a permit to march, after much consternation have been granted a permit to march, and rather than deal with the headache of counter protests, the security involved, and general upheaval, local officials organized buses to take people someplace, like to a mall or something, and discouraged people from showing up to yell at the Nazis. No counter protests means these groups do not get the reaction they want, they march down an empty street, and that's pretty much the end of it.

It's leftist hivemind stuff. They'd be burning shit at the G8 instead of throwing piss balloons at reporters. This just fits into a narrative they adopted about hate speech not being free speech, which actually started on college campuses about any speech that hurts someone's feelings should not be allowed. They call everyone Nazis to justify the violence. They call everyone alt-right that doesn't agree with them. It appears to be quite effective.

I've never had any qualms when a conservative would bemoan the left leaning media. As a liberal I have always been able to accept that reality. But it has entered an entire new dimension after Trump. At some point, the people on the far left arguing that Trump will destroy the country are going to do everything in their power to make sure that happens.

badrogue17 wrote:
I was wondering about that too. STAY OUT OF NEO NAZI BUSINESS!!

It was more the responses from theroot.com and BLM about how white people shouldn't speak until further notice after Charlottesville because a white woman got killed by a white guy and 1000 white nationalists were screaming mostly anti-semitic slogans pertaining to their belief in a "deep state" which is alt-right dogma. And the ranks of those clowns might or might not be overtly racist but probably will find sanctuary with white supremacists when they find none anywhere else.

The media is doing a fine job lumping everyone not on the left into one tidy group of deplorable. My mother said last night she believes Bannon is a Nazi despite admitting to never even googling the guy. I said how could she know that? "Because that's what they say." When I tried to track down the root of that claim it is attributed to a Time article that simply claims Bannon is on the alt-right and then that has been conveniently lumped into white supremacy, because why not? Time is certainly not the magazine I grew up reading occasionally in the High School library. To say they are left leaning would be a massive understatement. But ultimately it doesn't matter which way they lean as long as they are able to be honest and accurate.

There is most certainly fake news. But for more than a decade now it is the lack honesty and quality in 'legitimate' journalism that I fear the most.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

Last edited by mrgoodkat on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
mrgoodkat wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
"Professional" protestors who are there with the intention of causing chaos don't help, either.

It's leftist hivemind stuff. They'd be burning shit at the G8 instead of throwing piss balloons at reporters. This just fits into a narrative they adopted about hate speech not being free speech, which actually started on college campuses about any speech that hurts someone's feelings should not be allowed. They call everyone Nazis to justify the violence. They call everyone alt-right that doesn't agree with them. It appears to be quite effective.

I've never had any qualms when a conservative would bemoan the left leaning media. As a liberal I have always been able to accept that reality. But it has entered an entire new dimension after Trump. At some point, the people on the far left arguing that Trump will destroy the country are going to do everything in their power to make sure that happens.

The end of the Republic will come among the sound of thunderous applause. - Queen Amidala

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 pm 

Goff needs to just go. Or become a producer again...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9