It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I don't need to listen to daily sports talk radio to learn about players from a century ago. It's not really roping me in.

I'll just ESPN's garbage on in my office.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
"[people] are ok with me when I'm talking about sports and I'm entertaining them because I'm [a black man who's] dancing for them"

Hey Goff, get off the cross cuz we could use the wood (or maybe your strawman texter would try to set it on fire! >=)

Last edited by sinicalypse on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I like Jason. Not as much as I used to.

But, where are these horrible situations that he's found himself in that a caller wouldn't understand.

I've been in some pretty sketchy situations. I would think growing up in Evanston might be a bit easier than some other potential situations.

He was terrific when he piped in and needled at Bernsie as a third wheel on B&B. Now he just babbles about his kid, the NBA and social issues. They're talking about Hack Wilson and for no reason he throws in the Cobb racist stuff. He can't get through a single segment without a black or white comment, and Bernsie has largely ceded the controls to Goff. It's not fun. It's not entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

But, where are these horrible situations that he's found himself in that a caller wouldn't understand.

I've been in some pretty sketchy situations. I would think growing up in Evanston might be a bit easier than some other potential situations.

That's what I don't get either. I'm sure he's been called the N-Word. He said he was called it when he was 10. But I know he didn't grow up in poverty. I know he wasn't ducking bullets his entire life.

He claims he knows gang members but that's his choice. He can stay away from the gang members if he wants.

He's making pretty good money now so life can't be that bad. He can stay away from danger if he chooses.

So I'm curious of these "Horrible situations" that he's been in as well.

Answer: There haven't been any. He made it up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:

That's what I don't get either. I'm sure he's been called the N-Word. He said he was called it when he was 10. But I know he didn't grow up in poverty. I know he wasn't ducking bullets his entire life.

He claims he knows gang members but that's his choice. He can stay away from the gang members if he wants.

He's making pretty good money now so life can't be that bad. He can stay away from danger if he chooses.

Not to get all current events on things, but I pretty much grew up with the type of idiots that are doing the shit that is causing all the current problems.

They hate everybody. They aren't real discerning. They even hated the nerdy kids that think they are smarter than everybody because they do their homework. Hell, they hated you if you drove the wrong make of truck.

They come from somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Well I learned that Hack Wilson was a drunk and Ty Cobb was a racist in the ten minutes of show time I caught on my commute home. I am committed to giving this show a chance in limited chunks, but there isn't much to enjoy.

Maybe talking about sports figures that are currently playing is beneath them, but it would be a good start.

Well, in their defense, Ty Cobb was a racist and Hack Wilson was a drunk.

I guess your point is why bring up "drunks and racists from the 1920s". But I think it would make a hell of a jeopardy category. Just to hear Alex read the topic would be funny.

A recent and well-researched book largely debunked the "Cobb is a racist" theory. Maybe the writer was wrong, but Goff offered no evidence that he was. "So we hear Ty Cobb is no longer a racist! Duh-huh-huh. Well, ok, sure!"

Nice research, dum-dum.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The truck one always cracks me up. I never thought it was serious until I moved out here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
"[people] are ok with me when I'm talking about sports and I'm entertaining them because I'm [a black man who's] dancing for them"

Did he really say that?

People are okay with you when you're talking about sports because that's what they tune in for. You're on The Score, not NPR.

No disrespect to either Goff or bernstein here because I don't want to be a hypocrite. We all have opinions on these things and we're all entitled to them. Some of of us have dumb fuckin' opinions. Just check out the AmeriKKKa thread. But we're not passing ourselves off as experts or talking down to listeners/callers. We don't even really talk down to Chas. Nobody wants to tune in to two guys who are barely expert on the sports they get paid to discuss to hear their often dumb fuckin' opinions on current events and politics. bernstein isn't dumb but he gets way beyond his depth. And Jason just isn't an educated guy. He should stick with being the affable sports fan who jabs bernstein when he gets too pompous. That's a listenable show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:04 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Not to get all current events on things, but I pretty much grew up with the type of idiots that are doing the shit that is causing all the current problems.

They hate everybody. They aren't real discerning. They even hated the nerdy kids that think they are smarter than everybody because they do their homework. Hell, they hated you if you drove the wrong make of truck.

Some of them come from the neighborhood in which I grew up, too, so I guess I'd say that they could be from anywhere.

PS, Dr. Ken, RR, (not sure if JORR was a Dell's man), other aging U of I guys--was in the new Papa Dell's restaurant . . . nice place, even though it's on Champaign's ugliest street (Neil). Who wants to go to a game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Did he really say that?

People are okay with you when you're talking about sports because that's what they tune in for. You're on The Score, not NPR.

No disrespect to either Goff or bernstein here because I don't want to be a hypocrite. We all have opinions on these things and we're all entitled to them. Some of of us have dumb fuckin' opinions. Just check out the AmeriKKKa thread. But we're not passing ourselves off as experts or talking down to listeners/callers. We don't even really talk down to Chas. Nobody wants to tune in to two guys who are barely expert on the sports they get paid to discuss to hear their often dumb fuckin' opinions on current events and politics. bernstein isn't dumb but he gets way beyond his depth. And Jason just isn't an educated guy. He should stick with being the affable sports fan who jabs bernstein when he gets too pompous. That's a listenable show.

Yes. He said that. I've said it before, he's disturbed.

The white guys at the SCORE also "Dance for us", you dumb ass. It's a radio show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Yeah.. sports is an escape from this stuff for me. I get that they have opinions and want to share them but it's a bit much really. It does lead me more to music and podcasts lately. That being said, I'm not so sure I don't need an escape from my team's crappy performances.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:15 pm 

Jorr hit the nail on the head. Goff jabbing at Bernsie is good radio.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Jesus, Goff has jumped the shark.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
leashyourkids wrote:

He's always sucked, from the time that bitch was calling in from Evanston. Abattaclueless always sucked too.. It just took you a few years to realize it.

leashyourkids wrote:

He's always sucked, from the time that bitch was calling in from Evanston. Abattaclueless always sucked too.. It just took you a few years to realize it.

leashyourkids wrote:

:shock: glitch in the matrix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
You must really hate him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
formerlyknownas wrote:
PS, Dr. Ken, RR, (not sure if JORR was a Dell's man), other aging U of I guys--was in the new Papa Dell's restaurant . . . nice place, even though it's on Champaign's ugliest street (Neil). Who wants to go to a game?

Haven't been to a game in the Lovie Era, but I'm in, pending my kid's schedule.

Just thinking about a Murphy's burger and fries is making me hungry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:24 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Yeah.. sports is an escape from this stuff for me. I get that they have opinions and want to share them but it's a bit much really. It does lead me more to music and podcasts lately. That being said, I'm not so sure I don't need an escape from my team's crappy performances.

I would have no issue with them doing a special show or multiple segments if it advanced the discussion and offered multiple viewpoints on various issues. The vast majority of what I heard today on WGN, and Im assuming on 670, is just more regurgitated, overly simplistic bullshit that wants to make sweeping generalizations about the health of the country when less than 1000 people got angry about the taking down of a piece of history, flawed or not. This entire thing was about a statue that nobody gave a shit about ten years ago when rabid social justice was confined to liberal arts colleges.

I really dont pay attention to shit like this but did we all have a collective freakout about the future of the country when black nationalists called for the killing of police and then it happened, multiple times? This shit happens in every country. We just seem to have a particular talent to make a mountain out of a molehill with every single issue.

And I dont know how this has been co-opted by BLM. These white nationalist simpletons live and on antisemitism more than anything else. This was mostly white people being countered by mostly white people, and then a white guy drive into a crowd killing a white woman.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
formerlyknownas wrote:

Haven't been to a game in the Lovie Era, but I'm in, pending my kid's schedule.

Just thinking about a Murphy's burger and fries is making me hungry.

I'd meet down there too. Last game I went to was in St. Louis and they lost to Mizzou. It was awhile ago. I think Juice was the QB.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

When Goff goes on these long-winded RACE rants he doesn't know where he's going a most of the time. That's why he says a lot of dumb shit. Cuz he's thinking on the fly. And his brain takes him to stupid places. Thus we get a lot of stupid comments like we did today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
mrgoodkat wrote:

And I dont know how this has been co-opted by BLM. These white nationalist simpletons live and on antisemitism more than anything else. This was mostly white people being countered by mostly white people, and then a white guy drive into a crowd killing a white woman.

I was wondering about that too. STAY OUT OF NEO NAZI BUSINESS!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:30 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think Juice was the QB.

Ahh, The Zook Era....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Ahh, The Zook Era....

Glad he's posting here now.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
So what we've learned is B&G should stick to sports, but only current sports and only discuss non-political and non-controversial sports related topics. Got it. S&W approve.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:32 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Ahh, The Zook Era....

Glad he's posting here now.

I think he got deleted.

I forgot about my Ron Zook mult with an avatar of Gary Cole.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
formerlyknownas wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Some of them come from the neighborhood in which I grew up, too, so I guess I'd say that they could be from anywhere.

When I was there, University east or west of the engineering quad was a wasteland. Save for that banging Mexican restaurant with awesome queso blanco.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:38 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Beardown wrote:

When I was there, University east or west of the engineering quad was a wasteland. Save for that banging Mexican restaurant with awesome queso blanco.

I can't believe how 75% of the old apartments and dorms have been torn down and replaced with fancy-looking ones. Of course, my wife's old dorm (PAR and FAR) remain....the house I lived in, the Evans Scholar House, has been replaced. These kids have a really nice one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
They make fun of people who ask them to "stick to sports". They stress the importance of talking about current events and social issues, and how they will continue to do so and if you don't like it, don't listen. Larry said the same thing before his show.

My question is...if Mitch told them that ratings are slipping and sponsors are getting nervous, and they need to "stick to sports", would anyone take a stand to continue talking politics? My guess is no - especially Danny. No way he would risk his comfy, well paying job. He'd be talking about Bears pre-season games faster than your head can spin. Larry would too. Goff? I could see him actually taking a stand and risking his job. I doubt it, but he'd be the one who would.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next