It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I remember Mac on the air the day the VT shooting happened. He said this type of stuff is just terrible radio. Not only is it not sports related, but there's only one side to really take - it's awful, I feel terrible for the victims and their families, I hope this never happens again. Not much else to say. I think most tragic current event stories are the same way.

He's wrong. It's never that simple. Do you not talk about 9/11? Newtown?

I don't think he was saying that you don't talk about it. The point was that it sucks that you have to. What can you really say? bernstein is the guy who always mocks "thoughts and prayers". But his entire show after events like these is just thoughts and secular prayers.

Didn't hear Kap nor Waddle and Silvy say 2 words about it . Amazing they found enough sports to talk about isn't it?

Put the torch down, Sparkles, it's 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 am 

I would like one of you Twitter folks to remind Jason how the world perceives the horrors he saw in Evanston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sZpEEvw0Q

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 am 

or tell him that you agree with him entirely and would like to join all the organizations that he works for that promote equality and harmony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SpiralStairs wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I remember Mac on the air the day the VT shooting happened. He said this type of stuff is just terrible radio. Not only is it not sports related, but there's only one side to really take - it's awful, I feel terrible for the victims and their families, I hope this never happens again. Not much else to say. I think most tragic current event stories are the same way.

I don't think he was saying that you don't talk about it. The point was that it sucks that you have to. What can you really say? bernstein is the guy who always mocks "thoughts and prayers". But his entire show after events like these is just thoughts and secular prayers.

Didn't hear Kap nor Waddle and Silvy say 2 words about it . Amazing they found enough sports to talk about isn't it?

Maybe listen to them exclusively?
Great shows yesterday !

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
All these complaints would register more if people here actually liked the B&G show.

...or listened because no one here does.

Posts like these are so lame. This is a message board to talk about, among other things, the Bernstein and Goff show. Would the board be a better place if everyone just followed the "great show today" "yup" model of posting? Or if only show fanboys posted?

People have differing opinions of the show, just like they have differing opinions on the Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Bears, movies, TV shows, music, food, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
good dolphin wrote:
I would like one of you Twitter folks to remind Jason how the world perceives the horrors he saw in Evanston

The biggest horror I experienced in Evanston was a botched snap on a punt at the end of NU vs Miami of Ohio game in 95.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
formerlyknownas wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think 9/11 is clearly on a different level than any of these other topics.

I don't think there's a right and wrong here. I think it's ridiculous to say someone is wrong for covering sports on a sports show. I also don't blame hosts who feel the need to talk about how they're feeling about a major non sports story.

I don't think it's terrible radio to discuss SOME or these stories like a Newtown or a 9/11.

definitely not terrible. but sometimes, they seem to suggest that they have all the answers and that the situations either are not complex or there's a right (morally, intellectually) way to look at them.

plus, they need arguments with evidence. no f'ing rants. we're not kids.

I can definitely understand how it gets annoying. I couldn't listen to the Penn State stuff.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The biggest horror I experienced in Evanston was a botched snap on a punt at the end of NU vs Miami of Ohio game in 95.

they'd have been undefeated (in the reggalar season) if not for that. and blowing that huge lead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
All these complaints would register more if people here actually liked the B&G show.

Posts like these are so lame. This is a message board to talk about, among other things, the Bernstein and Goff show. Would the board be a better place if everyone just followed the "great show today" "yup" model of posting? Or if only show fanboys posted?

People have differing opinions of the show, just like they have differing opinions on the Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Bears, movies, TV shows, music, food, etc.

Would the board be a better place if everyone just followed the "stick to sports" model of posting? Of if only show haters posted?

Anyone listening to B&G hoping for a politics-free, breaking-down-last-night's-game type show is going to be disappointed. It has never been that kind of show and never will.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Anyone listening to B&G hoping for a politics-free, breaking-down-last-night's-game type show is going to be disappointed. It has never been that kind of show and never will.

I don't think anyone is asking for that. There's a way to address these topics without pretending to be Walter Cronkite (bernstein) or Stokely Carmichael (Goff).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 am 

Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

If people were honest that they listen to this show a lot then it would be fine. If people were not instead just using this to complain then that would be fine.

"Everything about this show sucks" is not a differing opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

If people were honest that they listen to this show a lot then it would be fine. If people were not instead just using this to complain then that would be fine.

Seems to be a true one though .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 am 

If you believe that why listen for even a minute?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This will not be answered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 am 

If only there were a way to follow the show and it's goings ons without listening at all. I'm gonna put my thinking cap on and have to get back to you guys on that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
If only there were a way to follow the show and it's goings ons without listening at all. I'm gonna put my thinking cap on and have to get back to you guys on that.

This makes even less sense.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I see that BR replied but that is it for me. I have not listened in at least 3 months. Not even one minute. Why does/should that preclude me from following the goings on here or having an opinion? Moreover, who anointed you the official defender of the show along with DB? :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

This makes even less sense.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I haven't listened in several months because what I've heard has been bad and what's been discussed here was even worse, so why hate-listen to sports talk when I can like-listen to music? It should be obvious that I'm out of the loop because all my jokes and references are woefully stale, callbacks to shit that happened four or five years ago, I hardly know what the new material is other than "Jason calls everyone gay."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Then tell us why you enjoy listening to Dan and Jason talk about political and social issues instead of just saying "great show today". Plenty of people explain why they don't like it, and why they don't listen as much as they used to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
So what we've learned is B&G should stick to sports, but only current sports and only discuss non-political and non-controversial sports related topics. Got it. S&W approve.

You're free to get your political news from bernstein and Goff. I'll look elsewhere.

Yeah that's what I said :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 am 

But everyone who hates the show claims they are not listening. Yet somehow they are able to discuss something stupid Dan said every single day.

I wonder why that is...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 am 

Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Then tell us why you enjoy listening to Dan and Jason talk about political and social issues instead of just saying "great show today". Plenty of people explain why they don't like it, and why they don't listen as much as they used to.
I've said before what I like and what my criticisms are. It was ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
But everyone who hates the show claims they are not listening. Yet somehow they are able to discuss something stupid Dan said every single day.

I wonder why that is...

You can discuss it without the primary source. I mean, this board is a bunch of blowhards who speak with great authority on all kinds of stuff. Adding "yeah, Bernstein is a dumbass" to someone quoting him on that day's show isn't really a reach for us.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:09 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I see that BR replied but that is it for me. I have not listened in at least 3 months. Not even one minute. Why does/should that preclude me from following the goings on here or having an opinion? Moreover, who anointed you the official defender of the show along with DB? :lol:
Why should ignorance preclude you from having an opinion?

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
leashyourkids wrote:
Yeah, I was shocked. He's over 300,000

Holy shit, I am shocked as well. I didn't even realize he was ON Twitter.

Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I wonder why that is...

You can discuss it without the primary source. I mean, this board is a bunch of blowhards who speak with great authority on all kinds of stuff. Adding "yeah, Bernstein is a dumbass" to someone quoting him on that day's show isn't really a reach for us.

But if nobody is listening, how can someone even quote Bernstein?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Douchebag wrote:

I wonder why that is...

I only listened yesterday. Probably won't be back until a Bears Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I wonder why that is...

Wouldn't it be weird if I claimed to never watch Blackhawks games but I also can speak definitively about them?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why should ignorance preclude you from having an opinion?

It is not ignorance. This thread is a perfect example. Beardown said something about how Goff went hard on something. He and Dr. Ken kicked it around. Others then had an opinion. Listening was not required.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next