It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Who else is clamoring for this show to start?

badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
I tune in at 10:10 AM to hear Parkins lecturing the audience:

"Have members of the Black Lives Matter movement committed acts of violence and looting in the name of their cause? Yes, they have. But you can't lump the small percentage of people who have done that in with the rest of the group, and to compare them to White Supremacist groups..."

Followed by Spiegel saying "Some opinions should be shut down. They are not OK."

If I want to hear this type of conversation I know where to go to find it, and I don't expect them to be talking about Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or the Cubs' playoff push.

PTFB.

Just wait until 1pm.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'll donate a dollar to One Step for every lampshade reference.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:32 am 

That's what I was thinking. As much as some hate Bernstein, they have to admit, he moves the needle. They want to hear him today so they can yell at their radios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
That's what I was thinking. As much as some hate Bernstein, they have to admit, he moves the needle. They want to hear him today so they can yell at their radios
That's why they are the #1 afternoon sports radio show in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I was hoping Beardown would start the show thread .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:38 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I was hoping Beardown would start the show thread .

He will, at least 3 more times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 am 

O/U on how many times their idiot listeners call in with "thanks for making sense of this" "you're doing an important show today "'? I'll keep track because I'll be listening !!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
O/U on how many times their idiot listeners call in with "thanks for making sense of this" "you're doing an important show today "'? I'll keep track because I'll be listening !!

"The texts are coming in from so many people thanking us"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 am 

This show comes with a Penn State infusion. This may be Dan's greatest show ever.

Bernstein: Ken Frazier Steps Up Again
August 14, 2017 10:06 AM By Dan Bernstein
Filed Under: Dan Bernstein, Donald Trump, Ken Frazier

Ken Frazier.
(Getty Images)
By Dan Bernstein–
CBSChicago.com senior columnist

(CBS) Donald Trump is accepting enough of murderous white supremacists, but he was quick to direct his righteous anger at a different target Monday morning: Kenneth Frazier.

Frazier is the CEO of Merck and resigned from the president’s council of manufacturing leaders in the wake of Trump’s refusal to decry specifically or disown the ideology and violence of the hate group in Charlottesville over the weekend. Frazier said “America’s leaders must honor our fundamental values” by rejecting expression of bigotry and hatred. In a statement on Merck’s Twitter account, Frazier said, “As a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism.”

Trump then tweeted “Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President’s Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!”

See, when Trump really wants to get after someone or something, he doesn’t equivocate or delay.

Frazier’s name was last seen in this space, you may remember, in July 2012 in a column titled “Goodness Among Evil At Penn State,” in which we noted Frazier’s powerful role in ousting Joe Paterno from the school for all of the correct reasons. Even amid the rampant sickness that infects Penn State to this day, it was Frazier who was unafraid to speak truth about the horrors that were facilitated by Paterno and his football program.

“It was about these norms of society that I’m talking about: that every adult has a responsibility for every other child in our community,” Frazier, a Penn State grad and Harvard Law alum, told the New York Times in January of that year. “And that we have a responsibility not to do the minimum, the legal requirement. We have a responsibility for ensuring that we can take every effort that’s within our power not only to prevent further harm to that child, but every other child.”

Frazier chaired the internal special investigation, hired former FBI director Louis Freeh and empowered him to shine as harsh a light as needed. It was Freeh’s report that set in motion the prosecution of school officials that only reached sentencing just this past March. Frazier always understood that his help came too late.

It was Frazier who put his public face on the announcement of the findings.

“Our hearts remain heavy, and we are deeply ashamed,” he said. “We allowed the former administration to characterize to us the issues, and we failed to ask the right questions, the tough questions or to take definitive action. Put simply, we did not force the issue.”

It makes sense, then, that Ken Frazier would have the courage of conviction to act on his beliefs yet again. It should also not surprise us that our unfortunate president could not bring himself to denounce this latest vile amalgam of Nazism and the Ku Klux Klan but lashed out personally at an African-American business executive as soon as he had the chance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Dan will lecture the audience on the importance of diversity and inclusion. And then drive home to his gated northside subdivision. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
*SIGH* Look, it's days like this that I miss being on the radio, but um, eh, eh, then again, I don't, because, uuuuh, eee, I mean, because, again, look, what can you say about Nazis? But if you're gonna have a show about Nazis, uh, eh, eh, look, in my world there's no two better guys to do it than Danny Bernstein and my guy, Jason from Evanston, because eeh, um, again, in point of fact, they bring two minority perspectives that a big dumb hillbilly from Steger like me could not provide.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
*SIGH* Look, it's days like this that I miss being on the radio, but um, eh, eh, then again, I don't, because, uuuuh, eee, I mean, because, again, look, what can you say about Nazis? But if you're gonna have a show about Nazis, uh, eh, eh, look, in my world there's no two better guys to do it than Danny Bernstein and my guy, Jason from Evanston, because eeh, um, again, in point of fact, they bring two minority perspectives that a big dumb hillbilly from Steger like me could not provide.

I wish Boers was there today.

Bernstein: 4 straight minutes on Charlottesville

Boers: Yea.. thats uh...not good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:06 am 

Caller: I've been against Nazis for fourty years.
Bernstein: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN AGAINST NAZIS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:11 am 

Be a good day to get Whitlock on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 am 
Site Admin

On a day like this I have to thank you guys for letting me know that Nazism is bad. You did the same thing for child rape. I don't know where I would be without your show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
On a day like this I have to thank you guys for letting me know that Nazism is bad. You did the same thing for child rape. I don't know where I would be without your show.

Were you similarly enlightened by the dangers concussions? I know I was.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:

I'd like to hear Mike North's perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
They'll be insufferable today. Not because of the anti-nazi, white supremacist talk but they'll go places it doesn't need to. And we all know Goff doesn't need any prompting.

Later today, I'll be listening to S&P and hopefully some new podcasts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Admin

DAC wrote:
They'll be insufferable today. Not because of the anti-nazi, white supremacist talk but they'll go places it doesn't need to. And we all know Goff doesn't need any prompting.

Later today, I'll be listening to S&P and hopefully some new podcasts.

It's right there for ya!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:26 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Mike North Retweeted

Julian Assange @JuliannAssange Aug 12
Please retweet if you condemn the following hate groups:

ANTIFA
Black Lives Matter
KKK

#Charlottesville #DrainTheSwamp #FlushTheToilet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Curt Schilling too

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
rogers park bryan wrote:
This show comes with a Penn State infusion. This may be Dan's greatest show ever.

Bernstein: Ken Frazier Steps Up Again
August 14, 2017 10:06 AM By Dan Bernstein
Filed Under: Dan Bernstein, Donald Trump, Ken Frazier

Ken Frazier.
(Getty Images)
By Dan Bernstein–
CBSChicago.com senior columnist

(CBS) Donald Trump is accepting enough of murderous white supremacists, but he was quick to direct his righteous anger at a different target Monday morning: Kenneth Frazier.

Frazier is the CEO of Merck and resigned from the president’s council of manufacturing leaders in the wake of Trump’s refusal to decry specifically or disown the ideology and violence of the hate group in Charlottesville over the weekend. Frazier said “America’s leaders must honor our fundamental values” by rejecting expression of bigotry and hatred. In a statement on Merck’s Twitter account, Frazier said, “As a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism.”

Trump then tweeted “Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President’s Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!”

See, when Trump really wants to get after someone or something, he doesn’t equivocate or delay.

Frazier’s name was last seen in this space, you may remember, in July 2012 in a column titled “Goodness Among Evil At Penn State,” in which we noted Frazier’s powerful role in ousting Joe Paterno from the school for all of the correct reasons. Even amid the rampant sickness that infects Penn State to this day, it was Frazier who was unafraid to speak truth about the horrors that were facilitated by Paterno and his football program.

“It was about these norms of society that I’m talking about: that every adult has a responsibility for every other child in our community,” Frazier, a Penn State grad and Harvard Law alum, told the New York Times in January of that year. “And that we have a responsibility not to do the minimum, the legal requirement. We have a responsibility for ensuring that we can take every effort that’s within our power not only to prevent further harm to that child, but every other child.”

Frazier chaired the internal special investigation, hired former FBI director Louis Freeh and empowered him to shine as harsh a light as needed. It was Freeh’s report that set in motion the prosecution of school officials that only reached sentencing just this past March. Frazier always understood that his help came too late.

It was Frazier who put his public face on the announcement of the findings.

“Our hearts remain heavy, and we are deeply ashamed,” he said. “We allowed the former administration to characterize to us the issues, and we failed to ask the right questions, the tough questions or to take definitive action. Put simply, we did not force the issue.”

It makes sense, then, that Ken Frazier would have the courage of conviction to act on his beliefs yet again. It should also not surprise us that our unfortunate president could not bring himself to denounce this latest vile amalgam of Nazism and the Ku Klux Klan but lashed out personally at an African-American business executive as soon as he had the chance.

"Harvard Law alum". He always makes it a point to say stuff like this even if it has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Makes you wonder what he really thinks about the SIU dropout sitting next to him?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Mike North Retweeted

ANTIFA
Black Lives Matter
KKK

Did he really retweet the fake Assange account? I didn't even know North was on Twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Mike North Retweeted

ANTIFA
Black Lives Matter
KKK

Did he really retweet the fake Assange account? I didn't even know North was on Twitter.

Mike North Retweeted
Meninist‏ @MeninistTweet 14h14 hours ago

hold up if girls can show all of their titties but cover their nipple and be good why can't guys show the shaft but cover up the head

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Mike North Retweeted

ANTIFA
Black Lives Matter
KKK

Mike North Retweeted
Meninist‏ @MeninistTweet 14h14 hours ago

hold up if girls can show all of their titties but cover their nipple and be good why can't guys show the shaft but cover up the head

Was sure that was fake.

Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm 

Sounds like North is doing a fake Bernstein account .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

CALLER: "Uh, yeah, I was in Charlottesville on Saturday..."
BERNSTEIN: "SO. WHAT?!?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Charlottesville, home of the CFA Institute. All aspiring charterholders have an innate fear of that place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 pm 

ALERT!! ALERT !! Programming change !! Jeremy Roenick will be targeted today .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next