It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Franky T wrote:
They make fun of people who ask them to "stick to sports". They stress the importance of talking about current events and social issues, and how they will continue to do so and if you don't like it, don't listen. Larry said the same thing before his show.

My question is...if Mitch told them that ratings are slipping and sponsors are getting nervous, and they need to "stick to sports", would anyone take a stand to continue talking politics? My guess is no - especially Danny. No way he would risk his comfy, well paying job. He'd be talking about Bears pre-season games faster than your head can spin. Larry would too. Goff? I could see him actually taking a stand and risking his job. I doubt it, but he'd be the one who would.

Can you imagine being the sponsor to say "No no, this station is too outwardly progressive for me, I'm out"? Deadspin would be on that shit in a hot minute, and from there it would be front-and-center on B&G for 5 hours.

Everyone down the line, from producers, to hosts, to management, to ad sales, to sponsors, are forced by this new brand of social McCarthyism to keep nodding their heads and saying "Yes, yes, this is good, I like this more than the next guy." Nobody wants to be the first to question what God needs with a starship.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's my question to all of them.

Do they realize we can get the serious social/political talk if we want it?

Do they really think that they are the only ones that think killing that girl was bad? That Nazis are bad. That racism is bad. It's almost like they think that if they don't tell us it's bad that their entire audience is going to become Nazis and kill people.

And if they are talking to some Nazis that are listening to the SCORE, I guarantee you Goff, Larry and Bernstein aren't going to change them.

Larry: Being a Nazi is bad. You shouldn't be a Nazi. It's just wrong.

Nazi listener: He's right. I'm so glad Larry pointed that out. What have I been thinking all of these years? I'm now going to marry a black women and become Jewish.

(Don't think that's gonna happen.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Franky T wrote:
They make fun of people who ask them to "stick to sports". They stress the importance of talking about current events and social issues, and how they will continue to do so and if you don't like it, don't listen. Larry said the same thing before his show.

My question is...if Mitch told them that ratings are slipping and sponsors are getting nervous, and they need to "stick to sports", would anyone take a stand to continue talking politics? My guess is no - especially Danny. No way he would risk his comfy, well paying job. He'd be talking about Bears pre-season games faster than your head can spin. Larry would too. Goff? I could see him actually taking a stand and risking his job. I doubt it, but he'd be the one who would.

Can you imagine being the sponsor to say "No no, this station is too outwardly progressive for me, I'm out"? Deadspin would be on that shit in a hot minute, and from there it would be front-and-center on B&G for 5 hours.

Everyone down the line, from producers, to hosts, to management, to ad sales, to sponsors, are forced by this new brand of social McCarthyism to keep nodding their heads and saying "Yes, yes, this is good, I like this more than the next guy." Nobody wants to be the first to question what God needs with a starship.

Listen to literally anything else. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff has actually doubled down on the RACE talk since he went to Bernstein. More provocative "Kill Whitey" insinuations from him. There is always that undertone with him now.

He feels more comfortable with Bernstein. Bernstein lets him go. Where as Spiegel might have checked him on some of his stupid talk and he knew it. So he never went full Goff with Spiegel. Now he's going full Goff. And we now see that he's mentally unstable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
So what we've learned is B&G should stick to sports, but only current sports and only discuss non-political and non-controversial sports related topics. Got it. S&W approve.

I don't think most are necessarily saying that, but some are.... And Bernstein leads the charge to label "stick to sports" people as bigots/racists/etc.... Cuz clearly anyone who takes umbrage with the VERY. IMPORTANT. RADIO. that Dan and goof[sic] are doing is clearly a racist bigot who can't stand hearing "the truth" or whatever Dan quantifies his VERY. IMPORTANT. RADIO. as...

Goff had another beyond-facepalm moment before his "cuz I dance for you" line:. Talking about another potential-strawman who texts/contacts the score office manager to try and get them to stop Dan+Goff from talking SOCJUS/politics Goff derisively pointed out that the office manager has no power over him/them so [basically CRY MOAR] and then he continued on saying his detractors should continue being pathetic losers who harbor these ugly thoughts/beliefs on private all on their own while wveryone else continues on with their VERY. IMPORTANT. RADIO.... You know, basically saying that anyone who attempts to complain o score management about b&g SOCJUS/political talk is essentially some kind of "secret loudmouth [racist/bigot/etc] who HIDES BEHIND texts and Twitter and tries to go behind Goff's back to get him in trouble instead of calling him up durectly to get on air and air their grievances with goffralopithicus....

The irony of that whole "SAY IT TO MY FACE" type situation can't he lost on everyone here, right? Seriously getting some running into Laurence in the elevator gives here.

That said, I think the best way to describe the ARRRRGGGHHH with XXL B&G SOCJUS/politics talk = not thst they're saying what they say, but the whole smarmy "we're right and anyone who disagrees with anything we say is [PEJORATIVE]" stuff.... And #NevarForget that one of the core tenets of social justice = no due process, and you're guilty until claiming innocent (most times you can't "prove" things to these types... Ask Yuri =) you know, just try and picture Dan going YOU'VE SEEN THE TWEETS!!! YOU'VE SEEN THE PICTURES ON INSTAGRAM!!! regarding some domestic abuse claim against an athlete or something.... And then with these SOCJUS soapbox sessions if you disagree with anything being said you're immediately a [pejorative] and then you have to go and PROVE TO DAN why "you're one of the good ones" or your alternating view/s have any merit.... Cuz Dan tends to act like whatever he says/believes is the only decent/rational way to view anything, and anything short of being in lockstep = get ready to defend yourself from his ad hominem onslaught cuz you know he's about to "win" his "debate" by claiming you're a piece of shit.... Even tho ad hominem technically is a logical fallacy you know!

So yeah, I think at the core of the issue many/most here very probably don't begrudge Dan for having his opinion/s on social issues of the day and/or saying them on he air.... But I think the part where Dan goes on and on about them and then him.and Goff team up to create strawman/Boogeyman listeners/callers/texters who are totally bigoted and racist and nazis (frogs or otherwise) and continuing on snd on snd on where they go out of their way to not only say that they're right but you're also a horrible person if you disagree with them at all? Holy shit, that's where you might remember that you put on sports talk cuz you didn't wanna listen to 560AM or 820AM or 890AM or 720AM or all the other stations going on about these social issues ad infinitum.... You put n sports to try and get away from it all and talk about Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or whatever distracts you from the bleaker-by-the-day works, and then when you get all the same stuff you wanted to avoid in the first place even if you don't say anything or PTFB you're then told that you're some kind of coastal piece of shit if you DARE to harbor any thoughts about what B&G are saying or even the fact that they're saying it.

Seriously, when something is presented to you like "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED, THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSEE TO THINK ABOUT IT, AND IF YOU DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN SAY "THANK YOU SIRS MAY I PLEAAE HAVE ANOTHER?" THEN YOU'RE A FUCKING NAZI/KKK PIECE OF SHIT JUST LIKE THIS TEXTER HERE WHO [example] SO BASICALLY FUCK OFF IN ADVANCE CUZ ALL OF US GOOD DECENT PEOPLE KNOW THAT WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION RIGHT NOW!!!! ----- holy shit, is it no wonder that some ppl evidently wanna tattle on them to Mitch? The part where you're guilty until proven guilty of being a bigoted piece of shit in a court of Dan if you happen to disagree with the show's content = way way WAYYYYYYY more off-putting than dan's truly radical views thst racism = bad & killing people based on political views = bad..... And I think that's gotta be the part that sticks in our craw more than anything else.... r-right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Here's my question to all of them.

Do they realize we can get the serious social/political talk if we want it?

Do they really think that they are the only ones that think killing that girl was bad? That Nazis are bad. That racism is bad. It's almost like they think that if they don't tell us it's bad that their entire audience is going to become Nazis and kill people.

And if they are talking to some Nazis that are listening to the SCORE, I guarantee you Goff, Larry and Bernstein aren't going to change them.

Larry: Being a Nazi is bad. You shouldn't be a Nazi. It's just wrong.

Nazi listener: He's right. I'm so glad Larry pointed that out. What have I been thinking all of these years? I'm now going to marry a black women and become Jewish.

(Don't think that's gonna happen.)

They are all extremely liberal as well. Is there any other voices on that station who would push back against some of the ignorant comments by Bernstein (in particular)? Goff is just a moron, but Bernstein thinks he's some sort of social leader.

I don't like that the station has decided to talk about their liberal/social justice topics, but even if they want to be that station, don't be an echo chamber. Have some diversity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Goff has actually doubled down on the RACE talk since he went to Bernstein. More provocative "Kill Whitey" insinuations from him. There is always that undertone with him now.

He feels more comfortable with Bernstein. Bernstein lets him go. Where as Spiegel might have checked him on some of his stupid talk and he knew it. So he never went full Goff with Spiegel. Now he's going full Goff. And we now see that he's mentally unstable.

Clearly, all these hosts feel as if their voice/opinion is meaningful. Just the fact they are so sensitive when they are told that people listening to a sports talk show don't want that type of talk shows how thin skinned they are though

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Did he really say that?

Hell yes he really said that! Why do you think I had to pop over here and talk about it?

Here's what I wonder tho.... If Goff was, say, working the register at Walgreens instead of being a sports talk radio host.... If I was checking out and he started talking politics/social-issues and I said "hey I really don't wanna talk about this right now, sorry" --- would Goff technically be "dancing for me" if I expected him to finish up scanning my items, taking my money, snd giving me my change?

Basically I'm wondering if "dancing for [us]" is technically goff doing his sports talk radio job, or just doing any job or societal function that he's TECHNICALLY expected to do? Cuz you know, if he saw a woman getting raped in a dark alley late at night is he "dancing for us" if he calls the cops like he's expected to do? Seriously, what the fuck??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Did he really say that?

Hell yes he really said that! Why do you think I had to pop over here and talk about it?

Here's what I wonder tho.... If Goff was, say, working the register at Walgreens instead of being a sports talk radio host.... If I was checking out and he started talking politics/social-issues and I said "hey I really don't wanna talk about this right now, sorry" --- would Goff technically be "dancing for me" if I expected him to finish up scanning my items, taking my money, snd giving me my change?

Basically I'm wondering if "dancing for [us]" is technically goff doing his sports talk radio job, or just doing any job or societal function that he's TECHNICALLY expected to do? Cuz you know, if he saw a woman getting raped in a dark alley late at night is he "dancing for us" if he calls the cops like he's expected to do? Seriously, what the fuck??

The weird thing about that comment is Goff is admitting to "dancing" for the audience. So what is he saying about himself. I know he doesn't realize it, but Goff put down himself with that comment.

That's why he needs to think before going on these rants. He gets caught up and doesn't know what the hell he's saying.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm 

I don't know where but I did hear something about black players sitting on week 1 of the NFL but it was someone throwing it out like and idea someone had not something that's actually going to happen or being organized

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
I don't know where but I did hear something about black players sitting on week 1 of the NFL but it was someone throwing it out like and idea someone had not something that's actually going to happen or being organized

This was probably being mentioned/rumored on somebody's Twitter feed and a few people (like Goff) ran with it because they want it to be true.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

This was probably being mentioned/rumored on somebody's Twitter feed and a few people (like Goff) ran with it because they want it to be true.

That's a good call. Goff wanted to get the shine so he didn't admit he saw it on twitter.

Maybe a handful of black players don't play on opening day. But it's not gonna be all 70% of them like Goff suggested initially. Then he latter walked that back and said he doesn't think that will happen.

But if those 70% could agree and organize it that would be the greatest protest ever. Because the NFL wouldn't have games opening week. Couldn't play with the 30% of the whites and there would be no time or cap money for teams to sign replacements for that week. Plus the protesting players would still be on the roster so they couldn't sign replacements even if they had cap money. That would be quite a thing. The NFL would lose hundreds of millions for ticket refunds and TV pay backs.

No way it's possible as the great Goff and Bernstein eventually deduced. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
You don't need all of them. You really only need the QBs to take a stand. If they all stood together in support of A fellow QB, it would be a huge statement. Doesn't have to be black players. Imagine opening weekend with Brady, Rodgers and Brees refusing to play. That would send the message.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Everyone is going to play on opening day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Except the hurt guys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Great show today. I love the fact B&G have the courage to discuss issues MANY are afraid to touch. That's why they're #1.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Except the hurt guys.

They will play also.

Hot take.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Great show today. I love the fact B&G have the courage to discuss issues MANY are afraid to touch. That's why they're #1.

Absolutely. They took the controversial stance of being against Nazis. They were also against killing innocent people. That's some great courage. Not too many people would be against these things. B&G are true American heroes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

The first page of this thread was great. Not much after that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
The first page of this thread was great. Not much after that.

That's about the time I entered the thread...HEY!!!!

Well, I think I've been good and have brought great perspective. Plus I exposed some lies from our courageous radio people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

The question on all of our minds.

If Dan McNeil and Mike North were on the air, how would they handle the "Nazi situation".

All right. That's not the question on all of our minds. We know the answer. Mac wouldn't talk about it. North would make a racist/insensitive joke about it and praise Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It's pretty great that Goff was really about to attempt to break a "all NFL players will sit out week 1" story.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
It's pretty great that Goff was really about to attempt to break a "all NFL players will sit out week 1" story.

Great is one way to put it. Insane, stupid and a flat out lie is another way to put it.

He thought better of it during the commercial break. Bernstein pressed him and he walked it back. I knew he would do that.

Make no mistake about it. Bernstein knew Goff was bullshitting. That's why he pressed him on it.

C'mon, do you really think Bernstein thought Goff had this unbelievable scoop over all of the national NFL reporters? Of course not. Bernstein is very aware that Goff is full of shit at times. Goff doesn't know that he thinks this of him, however.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Correct. Everyone will play. There is no large public (or within the players) outcry despite Goff's comments.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

If Dan McNeil and Mike North were on the air, how would they handle the "Nazi situation".

All right. That's not the question on all of our minds. We know the answer. Mac wouldn't talk about it. North would make a racist/insensitive joke about it and praise Trump.

Just as I don't care what Bernstein/Goff think about social topics, I wouldn't care what they would say. It's not exactly a hot take to openly denounce Nazi's. Not sure why all these hosts need to get that out there to start their shows today other than to sound self-important.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Just as I don't care what Bernstein/Goff think about social topics, I wouldn't care what they would say. It's not exactly a hot take to openly denounce Nazi's. Not sure why all these hosts need to get that out there to start their shows today other than to sound self-important.

Yes. That's been my point as well.

I was just joking about North and Mac.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yes. That's been my point as well.

I was just joking about North and Mac.

I hear ya. Just the fact that we're discussing this shows the state (and decreased quality) of the show/station. It's a sports talk station, not MSNBC. Unfortunate, that the station seems more interested at times in promoting the social commentary than what most listeners probably want.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 pm 

I remember Mac on the air the day the VT shooting happened. He said this type of stuff is just terrible radio. Not only is it not sports related, but there's only one side to really take - it's awful, I feel terrible for the victims and their families, I hope this never happens again. Not much else to say. I think most tragic current event stories are the same way.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I remember Mac on the air the day the VT shooting happened. He said this type of stuff is just terrible radio. Not only is it not sports related, but there's only one side to really take - it's awful, I feel terrible for the victims and their families, I hope this never happens again. Not much else to say. I think most tragic current event stories are the same way.

He's wrong. It's never that simple. Do you not talk about 9/11? Newtown?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He's wrong. It's never that simple. Do you not talk about 9/11? Newtown?

I think 9/11 is clearly on a different level than any of these other topics.

I don't think there's a right and wrong here. I think it's ridiculous to say someone is wrong for covering sports on a sports show. I also don't blame hosts who feel the need to talk about how they're feeling about a major non sports story.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next