It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes.

I'm not talking about the 10 minute rants against Nazi's. That's fine. We're all against them. Unless you're a Nazi.

I'm talking about the other weird, racist and insensitive stuff he says.

He makes comments/slurs about Latinos, light skinned blacks and other groups that would get a cracker fired.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 am 

Beardown wrote:
Yes.

I'm not talking about the 10 minute rants against Nazi's. That's fine. We're all against them. Unless you're a Nazi.

He makes comments/slurs about Latinos, light skinned blacks and other groups that would get a cracker fired.

Mike North was never fired because of that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Yes.

Mike North was never fired because of that.

Different times. In this climate, he would have been fired for his racist stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Yeah, for years Dan has been doing his jive-talking voice with no discernible reprimand. Sometimes jokes are just jokes, and need to be let go, and other times overtly, painfully, virtuous liberals get away with subtle, or even open, racism.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I don't know if he does. But it seems a fair trade since he's getting pulled over in Park Ridge in his Range Rover.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

On his twitter feed, Goff responded to a guy that said Goff has changed. That he now has a massive ego.

Goff's response was, "My fiance, mom, sister and son think I'm great" or something like that.

Yeah, they're not gonna tell him he's a disturbed jack ass. Trust me, they think it though.

None of the crackers at the Score are gonna say a word to him out of fear that Goff will think that person is a racist. Spiegel was scared to do so. No lowly producer will do it. Bernstein thinks he's a dumb ass but won't say it directly. He does it in a subtle manner and actually enjoys watching Goff make an ass of himself.

CFMB is the only place that will tell Jason the truth. Jason can't handle the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I wish Carl Edwards could get away with walking people because he's black

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Yeah, for years Dan has been doing his jive-talking voice with no discernible reprimand. Sometimes jokes are just jokes, and need to be let go, and other times overtly, painfully, virtuous liberals get away with subtle, or even open, racism.

Seems odd to me that Bernstein gets suspended for making comments about on-air females, but has said, on more than occasion, that the military is targeting brown civilians in it's war on terrorism. That's a pretty insane remark by a pretty ignorant person. I don't want him suspended - he is allowed on a talk show to give his opinion and to say horrible things without retribution (in my opinion). When I hear comments like that, I do have to remind myself of the source, and hope that ratings/common sense will re-direct these guys to sports topics vs. the political/social stuff that exposes their stupidity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein stopped the "Mocking the black guy voice", "Making fun of fat people", and "Lusting over women with big boobs" after he got suspended.

With Julie around, he can't make fun of fat people or objectify women even if he didn't have his "boobs" suspension.

Mitch hired her to tame Bernstein. And everybody else at the Score falls in line. They all follow Bernstein's lead. If he's evolved, so is everybody else. At least on the air. Then they go back to being the sexist and racist people once they are off the air. Same with Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 am 

Beardown wrote:
Unless you're a Nazi.

The Nazi party no longer exists. "Nazi" has become a troublesome buzzword for simpletons to broaden their already devastating tactic of labeling anyone they disagree with a racist, and thereby making any form of debate incredibly difficult. It doesn't surprise me that Goff went down this rabbit hole but regardless of how despicable we find any form of supremacy that serves to divide the country further, nuance matters. The modern, Western human being has a real problem with nuance, context, honesty, etc. We need to start pushing back against these things. Especially when we start seeing it coming from the editors of major news publications.

Mislabeling these idiots as a dead German political party serves no useful purpose. It plays right into the divisive political tactics of the far left.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:28 am 
1000 CLUB

I heard the last minute or two of the Eloy Jimenez interview and then some of the reaction from Holmes/Goff. The interview was a train wreck. Jimenez could speak only limited English; I'm sure he'll improve over time, but right now, it's a struggle. Holmes, of course, thinks this is his contribution to Jimenez's development as a person and is happy to do that on an afternoon radio show. In fact, he's going to learn Spanish so he can relate even more. Of course, it didn't take long for Goff to accuse people of not liking that interview of not liking brown people. Shockingly, his first instinct is to accuse fans of being racist if they had negative things to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
He got fired in Atlanta for making some Mexican joke, right? So, Mitch Rosen is the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
He got fired in Atlanta for making some Mexican joke, right? So, Mitch Rosen is the problem.

No. He got fired for asking for Salsa from a restaurant on the air. Sponsor thing or something like that.

But I'm sure there was much more to it than that. That was just the final straw.

The Score accepts Goff's stupidity, racism and weirdness. He grew up there. They saw him grow up from a fresh faced kid to the weirdo that he has become. So he's their weirdo.

He went to a place where nobody knew him and his bosses weren't gonna put up with his bullshit. His first day in Atlanta his boss probably said "What the hell did I do? What's wrong with this guy?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:43 pm 

mrgoodkat wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Unless you're a Nazi.

The Nazi party no longer exists. "Nazi" has become a troublesome buzzword for simpletons to broaden their already devastating tactic of labeling anyone they disagree with a racist, and thereby making any form of debate incredibly difficult. It doesn't surprise me that Goff went down this rabbit hole but regardless of how despicable we find any form of supremacy that serves to divide the country further, nuance matters. The modern, Western human being has a real problem with nuance, context, honesty, etc. We need to start pushing back against these things. Especially when we start seeing it coming from the editors of major news publications.

Mislabeling these idiots as a dead German political party serves no useful purpose. It plays right into the divisive political tactics of the far left.

What do you call people marching to preserve Confederate monuments with Nazi flags?

Or the MANY who have tattoos of the "dead German political party"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Unless you're a Nazi.

What do you call people marching to preserve Confederate monuments with Nazi flags?

Or the MANY who have tattoos of the "dead German political party"?

Wannabees, posers, co-opters, pretenders? It would be really nice to take power away from those groups and refer to them in such a way other than Nazi.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 am 

He has a lot in common with Pappy stylistically.

Why do these guys who grew up on and loved the old "fans talking to fans" Score adopt the "hosts talking at fans" style of the current Score?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
chus posted a clip of the 83 thing and the person who threw that up on youtube had a ton of other B&B clips. i let the youtube video end and it began autoplaying a bunch of WYC and other moments in the B&B show from the last 3 or 4 years. It was really enjoyable and really made me lament what this show has become with Terry and even dare i say matty being gone.