It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Then what is the redeeming quality? He's loud, rude, laughs constantly, and has bad thoughts.

FavreFan wrote:
At his best, Goff is a fun listen and talks about sports in a way that reminds me of a lot of us at RTS just bullshitting.

I find Rozner to be the worst sports radio host I have ever heard. His "comedy" bits are worse than Harry's and he runs them into the ground to a breathtakingly awful degree. He provides ZERO insight into any sports. I think Matt Spiegel is one of the worst radio hosts I have ever listened to somewhat regularly and I find him superior to Rozner in almost every facet of the job.

AMEN! FF with a top 10 CFMB sports insight. /bow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Goff is objectively bad at pretty much every fundamental attribute of being a good radio host.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
leashyourkids wrote:
Then what is the redeeming quality? He's loud, rude, laughs constantly, and has bad thoughts.

I'd take Rozner over him every time.

Goff has an obvious passion for sports. He seems to consume immense amounts of live coverage. He is well informed and brings original thoughts to the table. But he is veering into several non entertaining lanes- talking about his kid, laughing at things that aren't too funny, spending time on social/political issues with commentary that will put off half the audience. And its his show, so feel free to talk about whatever you want, just don't be surprised when people click away from it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
leashyourkids wrote:
Goff is objectively bad at pretty much every fundamental attribute of being a good radio host.

that's really taking it too far. He's miscast as a secondary host, but he's a great third wheel. Having his mic shut off between his fill in comments seemingly masked an unfortunate habit to a) overtalk and b) laugh way too much at stuff that simply isn't that funny.

I like Jason but they need to put him back in his original role, or something like it and find a good secondary host to pair with Dan. I like Spiegs and Parkins and at this point they shouldn't split them up, so it would have to be someone else. Herron would be a great start for football season and then you could bring Cowley in for basketball, while you find someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

This is just a bad thought, even by your terribly low standards.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
leashyourkids wrote:

This is a good thought.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
City of Fools wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

that's really taking it too far. He's miscast as a secondary host, but he's a great third wheel. Having his mic shut off between his fill in comments seemingly masked an unfortunate habit to a) overtalk and b) laugh way too much at stuff that simply isn't that funny.

I like Jason but they need to put him back in his original role, or something like it and find a good secondary host to pair with Dan. I like Spiegs and Parkins and at this point they shouldn't split them up, so it would have to be someone else. Herron would be a great start for football season and then you could bring Cowley in for basketball, while you find someone else.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but from the start I wanted Goff as producer and for the new show to be Bernstein and Hood.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I would have rather Hood was hired as well.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Gunt wrote:
Goff being bad doesn't make Terry any better.
There comes a point when it isn't about the individuals. Everyone has complained about Bernstein for years but that is kind of what he wants. Everyone complained about Terry. Now everyone complains about Goff. I'm sure if Goff retired that you guys would all complain about the next guy.

All the while claiming you don't listen, or only listen by accident, or only listen to transition.

So you think people like to say they don't listen but actually do? Are people saying they don't listen to try to annoy fans of the show on this forum? I don't understand this mindset that you are accusing people of. Is hate listening embarrassing and something one needs to hide? Or do you not understand that someone might occasionally turn on a station when driving and catch a few minutes or maybe an entire segment of a show? In your world does this mean that someone listens to the show? When I drive I flip through a dozen different channels on both sides of the dial but I wouldn't say I am listener of any of those stations. The only show podcast I download and listen to is S&P so I would say I am listener of that show. If you didn't know, Transition is included in S&P.
I don't know why people claim not to listen but can still give many specifics about what they don't like on the show. Maybe badrogue and pittmike can fill us in.

Do you purposefully equate "I don't listen as much as I used to" with "I never listen anymore"? Most people here seem to write the former, but you seem to only read the latter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Goff is about as cringeworthy as they come. Even that genius on the morning show blows him out of the stratosphere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
I would have rather Hood was hired as well.

He was 10 years before his time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Jason was great when he was a producer and would just chime in with a "these old white guys are crazy" vibe.

Jason was the unsung star of the first couple of Joe from Evanston calls...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Jason was great when he was a producer and would just chime in with a "these old white guys are crazy" vibe.

Jason was the unsung star of the first couple of Joe from Evanston calls...

Is Joe still alive?