It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fox is a dumb ass according to them.

Bernstein has inside info that Pace and Fox hate each other. Probably made up like most of his inside info.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:

Bernstein has inside info that Pace and Fox hate each other. Probably made up like most of his inside info.

I thought he was A.Real.Ass.Coach ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i bet that insider was a loud voice in the room too.

interesting all of Dan's "scoops" end up painting coaches or players as inadequate/bad and never ownership or team president.... hmmm....

FWIW, it was reported right after the draft that Fox had no idea (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was being selected... which I assume was because Pace feared it would get leaked to the media via Fox. that told me all i needed to know about their working relationship

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That's breaking news. Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Has Dan mentioned Ted Phillips' responsibility for this situation at all? Or is he still blameless, as he's always been for Dan?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Dan's impotent whining about why don't the reportrers ask the tough questions he wants asked is always annoying. And as I seem to post everytime they (or any other station) do it, covering live press conferences is boring.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
KDdidit wrote:
Dan's impotent whining about why don't the reportrers ask the tough questions he wants asked is always annoying. And as I seem to post everytime they (or any other station) do it, covering live press conferences is boring.

Why doesn't he get a credential and go ask those questions himself? Oh, that's right, because he's a pussy and wouldn't have the balls to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's (Bar None The Best)
What Danny doesn't seem to ever grasp is there's nothing Pace, Fox, or any player can say that would actually matter. The product is what you see on the field. If they were winning no one would care what Fox does or doesn't say (Dan included).

His obsession with press conferences continues to be off the mark. Perhaps he should start his own PR firm and with all of his great management sources he can consult with all of the sports teams around town on how to win the VERY. IMPORTANT. press conferences.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:

This wouldn't surprise me cuz IIRC right when Pace was hired as GM they brought in Ernie Accorsi as some special assistant, and no doubt he was all "you hire John Fox when he's available" and I could sew that causing a rift there.

Wasn't there talk of another dinosaur of a special consultant entering year 2 of pace?

But hey, no matter what it seems like it's natural to hate John Fox... Can't blame anyone for that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So I decide to listen to the Score today and they're using a new song from MY FAVORITE BAND, the Foo Fighters, as a bumper, telling me that "The Sky Is a Neighborhood" is on their new album I Dunno Some Ponderous Bullshit available in stores today. This upsets me more than anything we usually complain about.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Great Show.

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

Bernstein has been pushing that for a few years now; Pace was forced to hire Fox, they have different visions, etc.

I'm not much of a fan of Fox on game day either, and there probably is a reasonable disconnect between management (big picture) vs. the coach (win now), but it's hard to win games when you can't score points consistently. If Howard is injured to add the current mix at the WR/TE positions, there is relatively no ability to stretch the field vertically, and teams will have 8-9 defenders within the line of scrimmage. Very hard to win a defense/running game unless you can score points.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Has Dan mentioned Ted Phillips' responsibility for this situation at all? Or is he still blameless, as he's always been for Dan?

I believe when the subject has come up, Bernstein has argued that Phillips is not involved in football decisions and has given Pace/Fox all available resources to build a team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

End B&B Please wrote:
What Danny doesn't seem to ever grasp is there's nothing Pace, Fox, or any player can say that would actually matter. The product is what you see on the field. If they were winning no one would care what Fox does or doesn't say (Dan included).

His obsession with press conferences continues to be off the mark. Perhaps he should start his own PR firm and with all of his great management sources he can consult with all of the sports teams around town on how to win the VERY. IMPORTANT. press conferences.

I'm not sure if Fox said something (or didn't say something) today that upset Bernstein, but I'm not sure why Bernstein thinks a head coach of a football team is going to provide any meaningful opinions to the media. 95% of them do not, and say as little as possible. Only a few actually provide insight. The next guy they hire may talk a lot, but won't say anything either. I'm not sure why this is such a mystery to people like Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
End B&B Please wrote:

Yep I've always found it hilarious how angry Dan gets when callers complain about coaches lacking da fire and da pashin, when Dan's equally obsessed with press conferences that are equally immaterial to the outcomes (or perhaps even more irrelevant). He was one of the last people who jumped off the Emery/Trestman bandwagon just because he liked that those guys would try to justify and explain their terrible decision making to the press.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
Beardown wrote:

This wouldn't surprise me cuz IIRC right when Pace was hired as GM they brought in Ernie Accorsi as some special assistant, and no doubt he was all "you hire John Fox when he's available" and I could sew that causing a rift there.

Wasn't there talk of another dinosaur of a special consultant entering year 2 of pace?

But hey, no matter what it seems like it's natural to hate John Fox... Can't blame anyone for that.

My disconnect with this theory is that Bernstein also says that Ted Phillips has no say (or is involved) in day-to-day football operations, apparently besides telling his new GM who he had to hire as a coach.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
BD wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:

I'm not sure if Fox said something (or didn't say something) today that upset Bernstein, but I'm not sure why Bernstein thinks a head coach of a football team is going to provide any meaningful opinions to the media. 95% of them do not, and say as little as possible. Only a few actually provide insight. The next guy they hire may talk a lot, but won't say anything either. I'm not sure why this is such a mystery to people like Bernstein.

I think any fanbase would be happy to have had the last 17 years of Bill Belichick and he's the most closed mouth, cantankerous coach in the league. Just win baby.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
BD wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:

I think any fanbase would be happy to have had the last 17 years of Bill Belichick and he's the most closed mouth, cantankerous coach in the league. Just win baby.

Agreed. Winning is what matters. I'd be curious if the reaction to Fox press conferences would be different (maybe he is saying something after all even though he's not) if they were a better football team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24 pm 

BD wrote:
Pace was forced to hire Fox, they have different visions, etc.

Hub has said that he heard Pace wanted Dan Quinn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein also said that Fox does nothing but bitch all the time at Halas Hall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tuned back in just in time for one of those calls where after Dan spends the whole show freaking out over how bad the Bears are, a guy calls in and says the ownership should do something about it, only for Dan to say "OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT THEY COULD EVEN DO"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I agree with everyone's assessment of Dan and press conferences. I think he may have gotten away from it, but St. Theo came in and showed everyone how to TELL. YOU. WHAT. THEY'RE. GONNA. DO. What Dan doesn't realize is that Theo still lies. He just does it better than everyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
BD wrote:

Everyone has competing "sources". Hub says Pace really wanted to hire Dan Quinn, others say Pace was forced to hire John Fox, others say Pace has full control over football operations.

What do we believe?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

This sounds like the 'grumpy old man' argument.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 pm 

BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

This sounds like the 'grumpy old man' argument.

I bet Fox wears the same track suit to Halas Hall every day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
BD wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
BD wrote:

Everyone has competing "sources". Hub says Pace really wanted to hire Dan Quinn, others say Pace was forced to hire John Fox, others say Pace has full control over football operations.

What do we believe?

IMO... Pace was persuaded to hire Fox, he wanted the job and figured he could pick his next coach.. I never wanted Fox, Denver had to fire his dumb ass to get a ring. Pace has done a subpar job getting talent from the draft and free agency.. Could have had Pryor for chump change, Laremy Tunsil, Vic Beasley etc... I'd fire both of these clowns but the Mccaskeys are a brood of half wits and they have shitbag bean counter in Phillips getting his hands in important football decisions... His one job was the stadium rehab, it is the ugliest stadium in the NFL and smallest to boot, worst field conditions as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
Tuned back in just in time for one of those calls where after Dan spends the whole show freaking out over how bad the Bears are, a guy calls in and says the ownership should do something about it, only for Dan to say "OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT THEY COULD EVEN DO"

All with the college dropout cackling in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hank Scorpio wrote:
BD wrote:
End B&B Please wrote:

There's a difference between being cantankerous, saying nothing (ala Lovie Smith) and making blatantly indefensible statements. It's the latter that Bernstein is bothered by.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
anyone remember when bears monday was somewhat enjoyable?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:04 am 

Holy shit, Goff is terrible.

Every time I turn it on he's working the cool guy routine but it doesnt sell.

Yesterday some older guy called in. Normal guy not drunk or stupid. Had some decent thoughts and Goff kept asking about the guy's gf and giving him advice on that. Im all for messing with callers, but it made no sense here.

It wasnt funny. It was cringe inducing.

He should tone back the cool guy act (no one buys it) and just be normal. He's like 80% act, 20% actual sports thoughts. He should reverse that.