It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
hnd wrote:
anyone remember when bears monday was somewhat enjoyable?

"Victory Chicken" never tasted so good...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bernstein and Goff have become so insufferable that I'm actually rooting for Larry in transition. Yesterday, as B&G were pounding the "I want (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky NOW" mantra, Larry made a sobering counterpoint: you want to start the guy who was drafted by the same person who thought Mike Glennon was a good idea? Maybe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky really isn't that good. B&G seemed to be going off the premise that Pace wants (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to play now, but Fox is resisting. Maybe it's the other way...that Fox wants (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but Pace is opposed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Bernstein and Goff have become so insufferable that I'm actually rooting for Larry in transition. Yesterday, as B&G were pounding the "I want (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky NOW" mantra, Larry made a sobering counterpoint: you want to start the guy who was drafted by the same person who thought Mike Glennon was a good idea? Maybe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky really isn't that good. B&G seemed to be going off the premise that Pace wants (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to play now, but Fox is resisting. Maybe it's the other way...that Fox wants (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but Pace is opposed.

Not sure that's such a great counterpoint by Holmes. Yes, I do want to start the guy drafted by the same person who thought Mike Glennon was a good idea.

Pace signed Glennon to a 1 year deal (with the guaranteed money) and drafted the highest ranked QB on the board. I don't see that as particularly confusing.

I want (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to play now too, but I get why the organization wants to show some patience. It's probably not unrealistic to think he'll be playing as early as this weekend, and probably not much farther off than a few weeks away. His time will likely be coming soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't get what Larry is saying. Because Glennon sucks, don't start (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? So the #2 pick never plays? That makes no sense.

Pace knew Glennon was a bridge guy. Pace is betting his career on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Not Glennon.

One could argue Pace messed up on the bridge guy. But that doesn't matter. No matter the bridge guy the Bears were gonna suck this year. 3 wins or 7 wins. Doesn't matter. In fact, it's better to have 3 wins for the better draft pick for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
I don't get what Larry is saying. Because Glennon sucks, don't start (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? So the #2 pick never plays? That makes no sense.

Pace knew Glennon was a bridge guy. Pace is betting his career on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Not Glennon.

One could argue Pace messed up on the bridge guy. But that doesn't matter. No matter the bridge guy the Bears were gonna suck this year. 3 wins or 7 wins. Doesn't matter. In fact, it's better to have 3 wins for the better draft pick for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

No, last year's results were unacceptable and Pace shouldn't get to just punt on this season before it begins. Pace himself is the primary reason this season was doomed to failure before it began. He actively ignored multiple positions of need in free agency due to his myopic pursuit of Tampa Bay's backup quarterback and then traded up to draft another quarterback anyway. Pace's guy may be a season away, but Pace shouldn't get to push any evaluation of his own competence to the point where (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is playing. This is akin to GarPax perpetually pushing the window further and further into the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
So I decide to listen to the Score today and they're using a new song from MY FAVORITE BAND, the Foo Fighters, as a bumper, telling me that "The Sky Is a Neighborhood" is on their new album I Dunno Some Ponderous Bullshit available in stores today. This upsets me more than anything we usually complain about.

I also heard this portion of the show. B&G were beyond unprofessional and stupid:
George McCaskey is in charge, so he can do PLENTY.
1) Hire a better GM
2) Provide more resources for scouting and drafting
3) Provide more resources for training and conditioning

As the #1 person in charge, George McCaskey should make sure the Bears are THE BEST at each of those things. Seems pretty clear the NE Patriots have that figured out.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
So I decide to listen to the Score today and they're using a new song from MY FAVORITE BAND, the Foo Fighters, as a bumper, telling me that "The Sky Is a Neighborhood" is on their new album I Dunno Some Ponderous Bullshit available in stores today. This upsets me more than anything we usually complain about.

I also heard this portion of the show. B&G were beyond unprofessional and stupid:
1) Hire a better GM

As the #1 person in charge, George McCaskey should make sure the Bears are THE BEST at each of those things. Seems pretty clear the NE Patriots have that figured out.

And fix the playing field.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jaw Breaker wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

1) Hire a better GM

And fix the playing field.

Patriots do this too. Amirite?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 am 

If you're not cheating, you're not trying!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Bill Belichick wrote:
If you're not cheating, you're not trying!

Respectfully fixed.