It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Dear lord, this station is gonna be so dull next week after Trump saying NFL fans should walk out if players kneel. I'm sure Bernstein's son is already asking him if Trump will ban Jews and blacks from sports. Sports has been taken over by the policalical universe and it's a damn shame.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 pm 

I'll be taping every show from top to bottom.

Last edited by Douchebag on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
Dear lord, this station is gonna be so dull next week after Trump saying NFL fans should walk out if players kneel. I'm sure Bernstein's son is already asking him if Trump will ban Jews and blacks from sports. Sports has been taken over by the policalical universe and it's a damn shame.

They really didn't need the latest "controversy", but you're right. This is how the Nazi's started (I've been told). Get ready for a lot of name calling, and labels by the hosts, calling anyone who disagrees with them as racist, bigots, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
blackhawksfan wrote:

Dad, are they coming for us?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Dad, are they coming for us?

I don't know :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:46 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I'll be taking every show from top to bottom.

No you wont.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That last minute PSU TD was the shit!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 am 
1000 CLUB

Goff is gonna cry on Monday. No doubt about it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
BD wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

They really didn't need the latest "controversy", but you're right. This is how the Nazi's started (I've been told). Get ready for a lot of name calling, and labels by the hosts, calling anyone who disagrees with them as racist, bigots, etc.

Very few people know that Hitler got his start as a sports talk radio host. His takes were so hot you could draw your own conclusion on how this sentence should end.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
BD wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Very few people know that Hitler got his start as a sports talk radio host. His takes were so hot you could draw your own conclusion on how this sentence should end.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:12 pm 

I just realized that we are going to get to hear Parkins say "speaking truth to power" about a billion times this coming week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I just realized that we are going to get to hear Parkins say "speaking truth to power" about a billion times this coming week.

Parkins?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:36 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
BD wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I thought that Hitler's hot hot takes were the reason for the Anschluss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn

He will also renew his call for Kaepernick to be signed by a team as merely an FU to President Trump

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 pm 

Just remember this little piece from the bygone era of 2012:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/ ... im-thomas/

It’s probably a bad idea to protest the trampling of your rights and liberties by…exercising them.

That would be like protesting a hot dog by eating it.

Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas refused to accompany his teammates to the White House Monday, letting them celebrate their Stanley Cup without him. He took to Facebook to explain himself, apparently while wearing a tri-corn hat.

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People,” he wrote. “This is being done at the Executive, Legislative and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers (sic) vision for the Federal government…This was not about politics or party.”

He’s pretty angry.

And he makes no sense. First, what’s the point of making what’s obviously a political statement, and then claiming it’s not “about politics?” What could it possibly be about, then? This, from the guy with “Don’t tread on me” stenciled on his mask.

It would be easier to respect his decision if we could at least understand it. Dan Hampton skipped the belated White House trip with the 1985 Bears, because he is “…not a fan of the guy in the White House.” OK, fine. Your loss.

It’s about the office and the honor, not any implied endorsement of any policy or position. If someone wants to miss out on such a special opportunity, that is their right, despite the rampant oppression perceived by Thomas. There are still places where an appearance before Dear Leader is compulsory, not optional.

I’ll await the reflexive response from dunderheads that goes something like this: “He’s got you talking about it! He wins! He’s bringing attention to it!”

The only problem with that argument is that there is no “it.” He’s not bringing attention to anything substantive or rational, and he’s lacking any kind of coherent cause. He’s not freeing Tibet or Mumia Abu Jamal, shining a light on atrocities between the Hutus and Tutsis, sticking up for Falun Gong, or campaigning to have pets spayed or neutered. Tim Thomas is only successful in raising awareness of Tim Thomas.

He’s allowed to do it, at least until the rapacious government decides to abolish that right as well. Others have had different ideas: Craig Hodges visited President Bush with his Bulls teammates, opting to hand-deliver a letter about something, and wearing a dashiki for some reason. (The fact that I have no idea what his cause was should say something about this whole story.)

If Thomas wants, he can co-opt the tactics of the Occupy movement, which chose to protest a zero-sum economic fallacy by sitting on the street and smelling bad. That didn’t work, either, as giant corporations still exist to make money, and rich people are still rich, last I checked.

So to get this straight – Tim Thomas is publicly announcing his decision to act freely without governmental repercussion, rejecting a request to appear before the president. He is doing so to protest the government’s threatening of his liberty. Huh?

He added “This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.”

Also as an IDIOT.

Dan Bernstein, ladies and gentlemen. At least, when the president is a black guy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Great column that day

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The Score is going to be insufferable for the next couple days. I'll listen to some baseball segments from S&P but that will be it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I suspect Mully & Hanley, Carmen & Jurko, Kaplan, and Silvy & Waddle will talk about it a little bit because it's such a big story, but it will not dominate their shows. Spiegel & Parkins, Bernstein & Goff, and Hood will HAVE to talk about it because they CANNOT, NAY, WILL NOT KEEP SILENT.

Bernstein and/or Goff might even pretend to get choked up or whip up some fake tears.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I suspect Mully & Hanley, Carmen & Jurko, Kaplan, and Silvy & Waddle will talk about it a little bit because it's such a big story, but it will not dominate their shows. Spiegel & Parkins, Bernstein & Goff, and Hood will HAVE to talk about it because they CANNOT, NAY, WILL NOT KEEP SILENT.

Bernstein and/or Goff might even pretend to get choked up or whip up some fake tears.

Callers and texters, supportive or not, will want to talk about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Bernstein has had a hard-on probably going on 2 days straight in anticipation to pontificate about this today. He can't wait to take the first phone call from someone south of I-80 where only Neanderthals live in his eyes. Every sports show in the country will be talking about this today. So no doubt Bernstein has been prepping and planning on how to make this the most insufferable show ever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am 

Just remember this little piece from the bygone era of 2012:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/ ... im-thomas/

It’s probably a bad idea to protest the trampling of your rights and liberties by…exercising them.

That would be like protesting a hot dog by eating it.

Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas refused to accompany his teammates to the White House Monday, letting them celebrate their Stanley Cup without him. He took to Facebook to explain himself, apparently while wearing a tri-corn hat.

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People,” he wrote. “This is being done at the Executive, Legislative and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers (sic) vision for the Federal government…This was not about politics or party.”

He’s pretty angry.

And he makes no sense. First, what’s the point of making what’s obviously a political statement, and then claiming it’s not “about politics?” What could it possibly be about, then? This, from the guy with “Don’t tread on me” stenciled on his mask.

It would be easier to respect his decision if we could at least understand it. Dan Hampton skipped the belated White House trip with the 1985 Bears, because he is “…not a fan of the guy in the White House.” OK, fine. Your loss.

It’s about the office and the honor, not any implied endorsement of any policy or position. If someone wants to miss out on such a special opportunity, that is their right, despite the rampant oppression perceived by Thomas. There are still places where an appearance before Dear Leader is compulsory, not optional.

I’ll await the reflexive response from dunderheads that goes something like this: “He’s got you talking about it! He wins! He’s bringing attention to it!”

The only problem with that argument is that there is no “it.” He’s not bringing attention to anything substantive or rational, and he’s lacking any kind of coherent cause. He’s not freeing Tibet or Mumia Abu Jamal, shining a light on atrocities between the Hutus and Tutsis, sticking up for Falun Gong, or campaigning to have pets spayed or neutered. Tim Thomas is only successful in raising awareness of Tim Thomas.

He’s allowed to do it, at least until the rapacious government decides to abolish that right as well. Others have had different ideas: Craig Hodges visited President Bush with his Bulls teammates, opting to hand-deliver a letter about something, and wearing a dashiki for some reason. (The fact that I have no idea what his cause was should say something about this whole story.)

If Thomas wants, he can co-opt the tactics of the Occupy movement, which chose to protest a zero-sum economic fallacy by sitting on the street and smelling bad. That didn’t work, either, as giant corporations still exist to make money, and rich people are still rich, last I checked.

So to get this straight – Tim Thomas is publicly announcing his decision to act freely without governmental repercussion, rejecting a request to appear before the president. He is doing so to protest the government’s threatening of his liberty. Huh?

He added “This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.”

Also as an IDIOT.

Dan Bernstein, ladies and gentlemen. At least, when the president is a black guy.

This is a really good find.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 am 

Bernstein should go troll job and completely avoid it. Be 100% sports all day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Bernstein should go troll job and completely avoid it. Be 100% sports all day.

He lets Goff drive the show. Doubt that would happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This is a really good find.

Of course, if confronted about it, Bernstein would counter with a clinical edict that Everything Has Changed since Trump, because now "respecting the office" somehow actually IS an endorsement of policy. He'd be right in pointing out that an over-militarized, under-scrutinized police force wreaking havoc on the more-often-than-not impoverished racial minority is much more a substantive and rational Thing than "muh RIGHTS", however the counter to that is in the same sentence of his piece: What is the coherent cause? [We'll leave it lie for now that MOST players yesterday can easily be seen as protesting President Trump calling them SOB's, not necessarily the less selfish, if not more noble, causes of being outwardly against the killing of unarmed people by police.]

If Tim Thomas is an idiot for being unable to articulate the way his protest is meant to effectuate some ends, then so too are all the players who are taking a knee against Something Bad, but having nothing more to say on the topic other than remark on its badness.