It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
McDude wrote:
Goff saying he knows police and talks to police is just as bad as white people saying they have black friends.

Well his uncle is CPD. But go on.
JLN,
Can you verify this information is correct? McCown normally has bad Goff facts.

He's only mentioned it like 50 times. But that's fine. Juice is know the world over for his grasp on factual information.

Yeah I've heard him reference his uncle, not his precinct, though, so I dunno. He said just as I was listening in response to a caller talking about his father being a cop with "yeah, well my uncle's a cop now".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Lit up a cigar and decides to tune in, knowing full well what I was getting into. Dan responded to a caller incredulously asking about the point of the protests with "I'm not going to play Google for you, read what Kaepernick said." This is the same guy who quoted Tim Thomas' reasoning for not visiting Obama's White House and said "WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY PROTESTING?!?!"

The caller then made the mistake of mentioning the violent rhetoric emanating from some sects of the BLM movement. Goff then proceeded to say that you can't really say what BLM is all about because the group has no leaders.

LOL Jason literally said there were no leaders for BLM. These guys are fucking terrible. BLM started out with a great idea, and has been taken over by racist, shouting dickheads.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:09 pm 

Exactly how informed are Jason and Dan about what they are talking about? I'm completely on the side of the kneeling NFL players, but these guys are an embarrassment talking about this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
"LET'S HAVE AN HONEST DEBATE!"

Then does the same thing they criticize B&G for doing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Lit up a cigar and decides to tune in, knowing full well what I was getting into. Dan responded to a caller incredulously asking about the point of the protests with "I'm not going to play Google for you, read what Kaepernick said." This is the same guy who quoted Tim Thomas' reasoning for not visiting Obama's White House and said "WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY PROTESTING?!?!"

The caller then made the mistake of mentioning the violent rhetoric emanating from some sects of the BLM movement. Goff then proceeded to say that you can't really say what BLM is all about because the group has no leaders.

LOL Jason literally said there were no leaders for BLM. These guys are fucking terrible. BLM started out with a great idea, and has been taken over by racist, shouting dickheads.

That's like saying GamerGate wasn't really that bad because GamerGaters didn't have any clear leadership structure. None of the bad shit anonymous does is really on them because anonymous doesn't have any leaders.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:12 pm 

Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

It depends on who you're talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

Well who in this instance called for an honest debate and then did the same thing they criticize B&G for?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm 

Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

Well who in this instance called for an honest debate and then did the same thing they criticize B&G for?

I think the sole purpose of you listening was to mock or criticize them. Kinda like you believe they do to callers who have different views.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:23 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

I think the sole purpose of you listening was to mock or criticize them. Kinda like you believe they do to callers who have different views.

I relayed, fairly accurately I may add, what I heard from them. The absurdity of some of their statements isn't on me. I even pointed out other objectionable groups trying to hide behind the "we don't have any leaders" excuse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who did what now?

I relayed, fairly accurately I may add, what I heard from them. The absurdity of some of their statements isn't on me. I even pointed out other objectionable groups trying to hide behind the "we don't have any leaders" excuse.

Don't you hear them make a similar argument about folks that have different views?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I know I'm the only one here who remotely likes Hub, but he's one of the few who can actually have a conversation on that station. He is a self-proclaimed extreme Leftist and former hippie, and yet he ALWAYS goes out of his way to acknowledge that even though he has strong beliefs, he would be hypocritical to not acknowledge the beliefs of others.

He was on with Rosenbloom Saturday, and after Hub lambasting Trump for his comments, Rosenbloom asked him if he thought any less of Maddon for visiting the White House. Hub said that though he disagreed with the "normalization" of Trump, he would never hold that type of thing against anyone because there are lots of people with whom he disagrees, but he still respects many of them and he would be part of the problem if he held their political beliefs against them. I think that type of acknowledgment is all anyone is asking for, regardless of the host's personal views.

I heard him call Trump a pyschopathic douchebag yesterday. Intelligent conversation. :lol:

I agree with you though. He's pretty well spoken and not crazy on that stuff compared to most.

:lol: I missed this initially. I heard him say that too, but I have no problem with that (and I agree with him) as long as he doesn't shout down anyone with a differing opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
Don't you hear them make a similar argument about folks that have different views?

What, about wanting an honest debate then just demanding conformity? Yeah, they do that all the time, they actually handled a navy vet who disagreed with the protests reasonably well.

I want to know, what exactly am I supposed to do, or rather, how am I supposed to listen to this show in order to please you? Am I able to debate these two guys from my back patio with a cigar in my hand?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

What, about wanting an honest debate then just demanding conformity? Yeah, they do that all the time, they actually handled a navy vet who disagreed with the protests reasonably well.

I want to know, what exactly am I supposed to do, or rather, how am I supposed to listen to this show in order to please you? Am I able to debate these two guys from my back patio with a cigar in my hand?

I don't need you to please me. I just don't want you to appear to be a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't need you to please me. I just don't want you to appear to be a hypocrite.

And how am I listening hypocritically?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 pm 

Dan and Jason giving Rick Camp all kinds of shit for sounding rushed and our of breath reading an update was pretty funny, but just highlights how that comedic dynamic is lost when Julie is in reading updates.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 pm 

These two are fucking ridiculous. If you really want people to realize what a piece of shit Trump is, these two are your worst adversaries. Talk about the stifling of free speech... callers (some of whom sound genuinely concerned and ready to have a conversation) can't even get a word out before they are labeled as bigots. This is disgusting. These two should be ashamed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Dan claimed Trump’s use of the term SOB has hidden meaning and was carefully chosen to have more impact than “jerk.”

Goff read (and asked Pompei for his reaction to) a news report quoting Jerry Jones saying he would fire any player or employee who knelt for the anthem, only to realize he was reading a fake story.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Dan claimed Trump’s use of the term SOB has hidden meaning.

Goff read (and asked Pompei for his reaction to) a news report quoting Jerry Jones saying he would fire any player or employee who knelt for the anthem, only to realize he was reading a fake story.

:lol: This show is a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
leashyourkids wrote:
These two are fucking ridiculous. If you really want people to realize what a piece of shit Trump is, these two are your worst adversaries. Talk about the stifling of free speech... callers (some of whom sound genuinely concerned and ready to have a conversation) can't even get a word out before they are labeled as bigots. This is disgusting. These two should be ashamed.

They have no shame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Goff says locking arms isn't good enough.

Fuck Goff, just the dumbest of the dumb. Fucking phony piece of shit, hope he gets mugged by the homeless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
This is pretty awful. Every time this caller starts to talk he is cut off.
This is a big problem. If you want to have a serious dialog you need to at least let your callers make their point instead of guessing on what they may say.

This isn't yelling at dumb callers who want Fox to yell and scream at the refs or his players.

Agreed. If you wanna play serious radio, then have a serious big boy conversation with your callers.

It almost seems like they are so scared a caller is going to make them sound foolish they resort to cutting them off and shouting them down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya think ?

I do.

These two asswipes sound foolish even without callers. Both of them are useless clowns

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
took until 4pm to take a phone call.. makes sense

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:17 pm 
Nas wrote:

Well you could tell us who the leader of BLM is. You being woke this should be an easy one for ya.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
My brother was at the game yesterday (we're happy for ya) and witnessed a 17 y/o girl melting down when the Steeles didn't come out of the lockerroom for the anthem. He also accidentally walked into Jermaine Dye's suite. Good afternoon overall he said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

SpiralStairs wrote:
My brother was at the game yesterday (we're happy for ya) and witnessed a 17 y/o girl melting down when the Steeles didn't come out of the lockerroom for the anthem. He also accidentally walked into Jermaine Dye's suite. Good afternoon overall he said.

They stayed in the locker room until 2009. This really isn't a big deal for a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nas wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

They stayed in the locker room until 2009. This really isn't a big deal for a kid.

Tell it to the kid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 pm 

Probably been said but can add THERE IT IS to the bingo card

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

SpiralStairs wrote:
Nas wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Tell it to the kid.

I'll tell RPB to yell at her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next