It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
veganfan21 wrote:
okay if this goes through then I'm out till pax and gar are gone. I need to find me a different team.

The bandwagon Bagels and I are steering still has room on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jbi11s wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
okay if this goes through then I'm out till pax and gar are gone. I need to find me a different team.

I'm down with that.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:07 pm 

Looks like no major outlet has picked this up.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FAKE NEWS????

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
FAKE NEWS????

Sounds like Lovie contract extension talks that Terry broke.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

No offense to Jason Goff (or the show), but is this really even a scoop?

They are reporting that the are discussions about a possible extension for Gar based on on-going conversations. The other side of this is that there could be no extension if a deal can't be reached.

This seems like a Dan Bernstein type scoop where something could happen, but hasn't, and if it doesn't it doesn't mean he was wrong, it was just that circumstances changed.

In addition, this feels like the show is attempting to push the Jason Goff is a Bulls expert angle more than the actual scoop itself. It's a rather safe scoop that he can later back off or say "circumstances" changed, but the talks were real.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
BD wrote:
No offense to Jason Goff (or the show), but is this really even a scoop?

They are reporting that the are discussions about a possible extension for Gar based on on-going conversations. The other side of this is that there could be no extension if a deal can't be reached.

This seems like a Dan Bernstein type scoop where something could happen, but hasn't, and if it doesn't it doesn't mean he was wrong, it was just that circumstances changed.

In addition, this feels like the show is attempting to push the Jason Goff is a Bulls expert angle more than the actual scoop itself. It's a rather safe scoop that he can later back off or say "circumstances" changed, but the talks were real.

I think the big news is that the organization is even talking to Gar in the first place about being here longer than his current contract runs. The fact that such a scenario is even being entertained after all the mishandling of draft picks, the bad money to aged free agent, and the fact that the GM's name is used as a verb to denote getting screwed should be embarrassing enough to end his tenure with the team, not extend it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Jbi11s wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Count me in! I will be getting League Pass this year for that reason.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
815 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Count me in! I will be getting League Pass this year for that reason.

I'll split it with you, I get in every year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Juiced wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:18 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Looks like no major outlet has picked this up.

Wrong.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/bulls-gar-forman-extension-report-reaction/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Jbi11s wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Fuck that, come join me on this bandwagon, plenty of seats still available...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:26 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
But MANY of the Bulls fans on this board assured me that the Collins hiring meant Gar was on his way out :lol:

If this is true, I guess this means we get another 2 seasons of "Don't blame Pax! He was kind of decent at his job years ago and I know in my heart he wasn't involved in any of the bad decisions."

Goff and his scoops sure do seem to garner a great deal of support when they pertain to things involving Bull management ineptitude.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
But MANY of the Bulls fans on this board assured me that the Collins hiring meant Gar was on his way out :lol:

If this is true, I guess this means we get another 2 seasons of "Don't blame Pax! He was kind of decent at his job years ago and I know in my heart he wasn't involved in any of the bad decisions."

Goff and his scoops sure do seem to garner a great deal of support when they pertain to things involving Bull management ineptitude.

Note the use of the phrase "if this is true." He's definitely a lot less credible than a guy who's literally paid Lauri Markkanen saying nice things about Lauri Markkanen though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:09 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Note the use of the phrase "if this is true." He's definitely a lot less credible than a guy who's literally paid Lauri Markkanen saying nice things about Lauri Markkanen though.

Don't know what that last statement means. There is nothing insider about Jason Goff's sources. Never has been and never will be. He is attempting to capitalize off GarPax angst and you were willing to oblige as usual. If it's an anti GarPax bent to be had you will be right there for em'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
Don't know what that last statement means. There is nothing insider about Jason Goff's sources. Never has been and never will be. He is attempting to capitalize off GarPax angst and you were willing to oblige as usual. If it's an anti GarPax bent to be had you will be right there for em'.

Uh it seems like everyone else who follows the Bulls isn't happy about the potential of this either. See Douchebag's link above. Maybe there wouldn't be an avenue to capitalize on GarPax angst and maybe Goff's "scoop" wouldn't be believable if this franchise did not have a prolonged history of excusing and in fact rewarding their incompetence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Uh it seems like everyone else who follows the Bulls isn't happy about the potential of this either. See Douchebag's link above. Maybe there wouldn't be an avenue to capitalize on GarPax angst and maybe Goff's "scoop" wouldn't be believable if this franchise did not have a prolonged history of excusing and in fact rewarding their incompetence.

For all the talk about franchise ineptitude the fact is up until about 2 seasons ago the Bulls were considered a top 5 team. You can attribute it to the greatness that was Thibodeau but a lot of people around the league believed they had a top 5 roster.

It's patently dumb to continuously suggest that they are one of the worst run franchises with this being the case. They lost their franchise player for the better part of 3 to 4 years. That will set any team back. The fact that they were able to stay relevant during those years were a testament to the talent found on the roster.
They have done a good job overall. You blame GarPax for everything and it doesn't quite jive. I'm not a Forman fan but I do think that Paxson knows basketball.

When you look at the worst run franchises in the last 10 or even 5 years you'd be a fool to say that they are in the bottom half of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:53 pm 

They weren't a talented team when they went to the playoffs without Rose and upset the superior Nets. You've just contradicted yourself by citing injuries when you refused to do so while grading Thibs. Anyway the whole front office needs to go. They've had their peak and now theyre an embarrassment to the rest of the league. Someone in the league voted Gar GM of the year last year in an obvious slight. Now we know his own underlings think he's a dumbass. Time to GTFO, Gar. Take Pax with you.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
They weren't a talented team when they went to the playoffs without Rose and upset the superior Nets. You've just contradicted yourself by citing injuries when you refused to do so while grading Thibs. Anyway the whole front office needs to go. They've had their peak and now theyre an embarrassment to the rest of the league. Someone in the league voted Gar GM of the year last year in an obvious slight. Now we know his own underlings think he's a dumbass. Time to GTFO, Gar. Take Pax with you.

They also were talented when they lost to the 8th seeded Philadelphia 76ers. You remember them don't you? Team Doug Collins coached. Thibs last season with Bulls he had talent and couldn't do anything with it either.

To be honest you aren't making much sense. I cited an injury to the league MVP. There trajectory changed after that.

That last season they had a roster that was good enough to compete and for all practical purposes Thibs flopped.

He also flopped last season too and that's why all of the apologists were loathed to talk about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

They also were talented when they lost to the 8th seeded Philadelphia 76ers. You remember them don't you? Team Doug Collins coached. Thibs last season with Bulls he had talent and couldn't do anything with it either.

Yada yada yada we discussed this a million times and this line of argument was thoroughly refuted. I won't even dignify it by repeating the refutation. Take the L, bro. And your boy pax sucks too.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:49 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yada yada yada we discussed this a million times and this line of argument was thoroughly refuted. I won't even dignify it by repeating the refutation. Take the L, bro. And your boy pax sucks too.

They are down but they will be back. You are hitching your wagon to a team that has missed the playoffs 13 years in a row and you're celebratory about it. Talk about taking an L.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:25 pm 

So this was just more fake news from Goff, right?

2013 CSFMB ROY