It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm gonna speak for the 3 white guys that are in this transition. As a fellow cracker, I'm allowed to speak for the crackers.

1. Bernsetin, Spiegel and Parkins are stunned. They're also uncomfortable.

2. Goff dominates all transitions. Just a guess. But of the 20 minutes, Goff is talking for 15 minutes.

3. How many long-winded speeches on race can Goff give? Seriously. It's the same speech every fucking day. Today, Ditka was the target for his dumb ass comments.

4. All of the white guys don't know what to say when Goff goes off. They just kind of do the "pity" agreement because they are scared that Goff will think they are racist if they don't agree with every thing he says. They all have their sad voices after Goff stops talking. Then Goff catches his breath and starts talking again. It's just an every day "Whitey sucks" from Goff in transition. And the white guys are stunned that it always goes this way in "Tranny".

5. Not that Goff is wrong. Whitey does suck. Always has, always will. We're a horrible race. It's just how many transitions can you give the same speech that "Whitey sucks"?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
I'm gonna speak for the 3 white guys that are in this transition. As a fellow cracker, I'm allowed to speak for the crackers.

2. Goff dominates all transitions. Just a guess. But of the 20 minutes, Goff is talking for 15 minutes.

3. How many long-winded speeches on race can Goff give? Seriously. It's the same speech every fucking day. Today, Ditka was the target for his dumb ass comments.

4. All of the white guys don't know what to say when Goff goes off. They just kind of do the "pity" agreement because they are scared that Goff will think they are racist if they don't agree with every thing he says. They all have their sad voices after Goff stops talking. Then Goff catches his breath and starts talking again. It's just an every day "Whitey sucks" from Goff in transition. And the white guys are stunned that it always goes this way in "Tranny".

5. Not that Goff is wrong. Whitey does suck. Always has, always will. We're a horrible race. It's just how many transitions can you give the same speech that "Whitey sucks"?

Do you have anything else to add other than this shit.

No...cuz your a dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Me, drinky and Bernstein are why black people hate white people

Of the three, I'm the only one that isn't racist.

They hate me for other reasons. In my defense, white women hate me as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
* - you're

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It's like every thread Beardown posts he talks about race.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Beerdown needs to make an appearance now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Beardown wrote:

There's a lot of truth in this post. Goff does talk more than anyone during Transition. Generally, while the other guys talk to each other and respond to each other's comments, often times Goff's comments turn into long-winded, 30 seconds ramblings where the other hosts just listen. I listened to Transition twice last week and Goff brought up race both time. Personally, I do not want to listen to a show that has race as an ever-present theme on the show. Not sure about the views of B, P, and S towards Goff during Transition but it definitely makes for bad radio.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:49 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
/me yawns, scratches, and references CB4 for the umpteenth time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

There's a lot of truth in this post. Goff does talk more than anyone during Transition. Generally, while the other guys talk to each other and respond to each other's comments, often times Goff's comments turn into long-winded, 30 seconds ramblings where the other hosts just listen. I listened to Transition twice last week and Goff brought up race both time. Personally, I do not want to listen to a show that has race as an ever-present theme on the show. Not sure about the views of B, P, and S towards Goff during Transition but it definitely makes for bad radio.

Cool. Take a nap instead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Cool. Take a nap instead.

That's a good alternative but I always podcast so I'll just listen to something else instead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
It couldn't keep Bernstein down, though. I only listened for 20 minutes tops yesterday, and I heard him say twice, that with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, they are closer to a championship. He has been waiting to say that for so long. He was finally at full mast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
SuperMario wrote:
He was finally at full mast.

--She

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 am 

Give Beardown all the shit you want, but he's right on this: In an open format like transition, Goff will shift the topic to race whenever he can. A Bears Tuesday transition after the first start of the QB taken #2 overall by the Bears was about anthem protests and racism, a theme promulgated by Goff. For the record, ESPN didn't show the anthem in Chicago, so there was no local tie to the national story.

I don't know why Goff does this, nor do I know why he continues to do this as WMVP has caught up to and surpassed them in the afternoon ratings despite the white-hot Cubs property giving them a ratings boost, and I don't know who at the station is still enabling him on this front. It has got to be that this is the kind of station that Mitch wants, and it is one that he thinks will do well in our modern culture (I refer you to the station's Facebook post on Jason's racism rant that ended in suspension, specifically the line about "we won't back down from using our platform". That didn't come from Jason).

And to make matters worse, we are about a week away from national NBA talk being presented alongside Goff's incessant discussions on race relations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:35 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Give Beardown all the shit you want, but he's right on this: In an open format like transition, Goff will shift the topic to race whenever he can. A Bears Tuesday transition after the first start of the QB taken #2 overall by the Bears was about anthem protests and racism, a theme promulgated by Goff. For the record, ESPN didn't show the anthem in Chicago, so there was no local tie to the national story.

I don't know why Goff does this, nor do I know why he continues to do this as WMVP has caught up to and surpassed them in the afternoon ratings despite the white-hot Cubs property giving them a ratings boost, and I don't know who at the station is still enabling him on this front. It has got to be that this is the kind of station that Mitch wants, and it is one that he thinks will do well in our modern culture (I refer you to the station's Facebook post on Jason's racism rant that ended in suspension, specifically the line about "we won't back down from using our platform". That didn't come from Jason).

And to make matters worse, we are about a week away from national NBA talk being presented alongside Goff's incessant discussions on race relations.

To answer your question, just look at his "update anchor". This is what Mitch wants, and it is being shielded by the Cubs boost.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:37 am 

I'm starting to think this show many not be for you.

I find Goff's takes to be interesting. The big problem with this show is that they beat everything into the ground now. I don't need a whole show every day dedicated to anything that isn't a big Chicago sports story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 am 

I used to be a Goff fan. His version of Bernstein-ism is the most annoying one yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm starting to think this show many not be for you.

The afternoon drive show on a sports talk station in the 3rd largest media market in the United States shouldn't have to be concerned with driving listeners away with incessant talk of race and racism that permeates every sporting topic covered, yet here we are.

If not for me (and people like me), then exactly for whom is this show programmed? Woke Liberals On Twitter? That's fine, but who in the good name of Christ said—and continues to say—"yes, this is a good idea that will make us more money"?! It's not making them more money, it can't be. With the Cubs on their airwaves, The Score should be absolutely trouncing WMVP in the demo, yet can seemingly only "beat" them when viewing timeslots from the most unique and stringent of perspectives.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
incessant talk of race and racism that permeates every sporting topic covered, yet here we are.

In Goff's defense (never though I'd say that), I think that over time, he'll learn to either balance his perspective or change his tone so it is more critical and less moralistic (and perhaps more intellectually-based, too; experience only takes you so far). He needs, like the rest of us, some humbling moments--those moments where we learn that we don't know everything and do not have the only worthwhile perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
I used to be a Goff fan. His version of Bernstein-ism is the most annoying one yet.

Yeah--or that. No one wants more Bernstein-like discourse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:27 am 

The afternoon drive show on a sports talk station in the 3rd largest media market in the United States shouldn't have to be concerned with driving listeners away with incessant talk of race and racism that permeates every sporting topic covered, yet here we are.
We are. It probably isn't for you. That's it. It's ok. The show sometimes gets me to turn it off too. If I hated all of it then I would. I honestly can't remember the last time you said something positive about it. Why even listen if it never is something you like? They don't owe you anything.
With the Cubs on their airwaves, The Score should be absolutely trouncing WMVP in the demo, yet can seemingly only "beat" them when viewing timeslots from the most unique and stringent of perspectives.
Yeah, the most unique and stringent of perspectives by using "time that they are on the air". :lol: What a strange thing to judge a show on but the time frame that it is on!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am 

tommy wrote:
incessant talk of race and racism that permeates every sporting topic covered, yet here we are.

In Goff's defense (never though I'd say that), I think that over time, he'll learn to either balance his perspective or change his tone so it is more critical and less moralistic (and perhaps more intellectually-based, too; experience only takes you so far). He needs, like the rest of us, some humbling moments--those moments where we learn that we don't know everything and do not have the only worthwhile perspective.

Ok, but it has been about 8 months, and the trend is upwards on the amount of race talk, not downwards. Hell I'd gladly go back to the days of Clippers-Jazz Western Conference Semis breakdown over this current programming.

Remember when Bernstein took umbrage with the use of #BostonStrong by the Bruins so closely following the marathon attacks? His rationale was surprisingly succinct: The call for unity by #BostonStrong, while noble in this time of crisis, will only serve to project the terrorists onto each team the Bruins face, the victims onto the Bruins roster, thereby making a mockery of the tragedy itself, "proxy Dzhokhar Tsarnaev" he called it. I think that with this unchecked "politics played out in sports" approach to sports media, that fateful phase transition postulated by Bernstein has occurred: minority professional athletes are proxy victims of police or racial violence, and the listeners/viewers/media members who don't want to hear it are proxy perpetrators of police or racial violence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Regardless of the stupidity of Goff's ramblings, Bernstein loves anything that pisses off Chicago Guys with moustaches, so this trend will continue to be encouraged.

He sits back and tickles himself with North Shore giddyness.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I honestly can't remember the last time you said something positive about it....They don't owe you anything.

I owe them positive accolades but they owe me nothing? And which one of the two here (me and B&G) are broadcasting on airwaves owned by the public?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I honestly can't remember the last time you said something positive about it....They don't owe you anything.

I owe them positive accolades but they owe me nothing? And which one of the two here (me and B&G) are broadcasting on airwaves owned by the public?
You don't owe them anything. It's just a question on why you listen if you don't ever enjoy it. Just give up on it. There are a lot of things I don't like. I don't choose to listen to them.

As for the public airways owned by the public, maybe you and spada can work on your first amendment arguments. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You don't owe them anything. It's just a question on why you listen if you don't ever enjoy it. Just give up on it. There are a lot of things I don't like. I don't choose to listen to them.

As for the public airways owned by the public, maybe you and spada can work on your first amendment arguments. :lol:

I have to agree with Brick here. B&G became a show where they don't really talk about topics that interest me so I'm not even tuned in when they start. I'm at AM 1000 and unless someone posts something here, I have no clue what B&G talked about and that's fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: pequads
Everyone has a choice to what they listen to. I use to listen to 670 most of the day when I was in the car. Now I will listen a little in the early morning on the way to work and the rest of the day listen to 1000. It really does not concern me at all what the midday or afternoon guys are talking about or how they are doing in the ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
Panther pislA wrote:
Regardless of the stupidity of Goff's ramblings, Bernstein loves anything that pisses off Chicago Guys with moustaches, so this trend will continue to be encouraged.

He sits back and tickles himself with North Shore giddyness.

So true. I find it fascinating that Goff has taken the opportunity of drive time host in Chicago and instead of honing his craft as a sports talker, turned into a social justice warrior. The joke will be on him though as he isn't long for this job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm 

MartyD47 wrote:
The joke will be on him though as he isn't long for this job.

By doing what Goff does he knowingly makes himself all but untouchable. Imagine the HR meeting and mental gymnastics needed to fire him short of committing murder on air.

Has it ever occurred to a person like Goff that if we can robots on Mars then might just be able to wrap our minds around the experiences of others? Or perhaps that someone looking in from the outside might actually have a better perspective on some things?

While the black population will grow slightly in the next 50 years, since adoption of affirmative action and welfare the black community has only accelerated a downward trend since the post nuclear family. As if money was going to fix fundamental flaws. The only gains have occurred in the same areas, across the same class levels, across all races (yes, it's a class issue).

Not a damned thing will change until we address the actual, uncomfortable issues. Many of which also plague poor white communities, of which there are more. But there are some notable differences with respect to crime. The last few years has been a move away from anything resembling the ability to have a rational debate. Now you are automatically a racist if you even hint at unfortunate truths.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Commentary on what's been posted.

1. No. This isn't the SCORE that Mitch Rosen wants. It's the SCORE that Dan Bernstein wants. Mitch works for Dan. Mitch is scared of Dan. Dan makes more money than Mitch. Thus, he's more important to the station. Mitch knows that. Media jobs are probably one of the only places where the boss makes less than his subordinate.

2. Yes. Goff knows nobody can say anything to him. Not even Mitch. Because they think that they'll be viewed as a racist. But a strong boss would say "Look, I'm not a racist. But you need to stop doing the "Whitey sucks speech" every day. Do it once a week. But no more than that."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yup.