It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
City of Fools wrote:
Jason said, a few weeks ago, that the ratings mean nothing to the station, and they're only used to determine bonuses, not what gets changed on the shows. He started in on how flawed the ratings are, and how no one pays attention to them.

Chicago's #1 rated sports station!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I heard Spiegs and Parkins talk about this last week. Their claim was that the people in charge all know what is going on and they count the stream, podcasts and other avenues now. They do not just consider the ratings.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I heard Spiegs and Parkins talk about this last week. Their claim was that the people in charge all know what is going on and they count the stream, podcasts and other avenues now. They do not just consider the ratings.

Maybe they look at sports radio message boards and see thousand page threads devoted to a middling update person...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:05 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Jason said, a few weeks ago, that the ratings mean nothing to the station, and they're only used to determine bonuses, not what gets changed on the shows. He started in on how flawed the ratings are, and how no one pays attention to them.

Haha. Right. I'm pretty sure everyone in TV and radio would disagree with him. Ask Roe Conn and Brandmeyer and Eddie and JoBo and many others if ratings affected their employment.

So hypothetically, if ZERO people listened to Goff try to move souls, I guess they would sign him to a contract extension, and he would only miss out on his bonuses?
ESPN puts on national shows people don't like in Chicago and gets trounced by the competition on 670 and doesn't care.

Jason says there are more than over the air ratings and he's a dope!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maybe they look at sports radio message boards and see thousand page threads devoted to a middling update person...

you know, it's kind of funny with Julie...when she has an actual show, there's very little real criticism of her. She's not controversial enough on an actual gig. She just gets reamed for the twitter stuff and updates.

Mitch probably is trying to figure out if she can build enough of a following to rate a slot. But I'm not sure if that will ever happen...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
pittmike wrote:

Like, they don't consider it when tallying up ad dollars? It is a fact in the advertising industry that digital streaming ads cost a lot less than what an OTA radio ad does, and ad breaks don't even play on the podcasts, neither do sponsored update reads. I would really hope they're not selling their customers on ears that can't even listen to certain ads play. Hell, the breaks on the digital stream aren't always fully loaded out with ads, I've had to listen to 3 reruns of the "Thanks for listening to The Score on your desktop or mobile device" spots before.

Their Facebook stream currently has 65 viewers. They're a middling PUBG streamer.

I don't doubt that Mitch knows the digital consumption metrics, but I do doubt that they make the up for the ratings decline.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Like, they don't consider it when tallying up ad dollars? It is a fact in the advertising industry that digital streaming ads cost a lot less than what an OTA radio ad does, and ad breaks don't even play on the podcasts, neither do sponsored update reads. I would really hope they're not selling their customers on ears that can't even listen to certain ads play. Hell, the breaks on the digital stream aren't always fully loaded out with ads, I've had to listen to 3 reruns of the "Thanks for listening to The Score on your desktop or mobile device" spots before.

Their Facebook stream currently has 65 viewers. They're a middling PUBG streamer.

I don't doubt that Mitch knows the digital consumption metrics, but I do doubt that they make the up for the ratings decline.
I'm guessing The Score is more valuable to certain advertisers, kind of like how Letterman supposedly got higher advertising dollars even with lower total viewership. There is a reason the same guys, even when they've switched companies, have stuck with them and even had them do a lot of live reads.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 pm 

pittmike wrote:

I agree. It sounded more to me like they were just looking for justification rather than truly believing it makes up the difference.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:28 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'm guessing The Score is more valuable to certain advertisers, kind of like how Letterman supposedly got higher advertising dollars even with lower total viewership. There is a reason the same guys, even when they've switched companies, have stuck with them and even had them do a lot of live reads.

That is believable.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Hochberg advertises on every station imaginable. Use promo code, "Bad mortgage rate" and save 10%

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
Hochberg advertises on every station imaginable. Use promo code, "Bad mortgage rate" and save 10%
I thought it was like 3 stations, two of which he had or has a show on that I'm sure he paid for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There is a reason the same guys, even when they've switched companies, have stuck with them and even had them do a lot of live reads.

Because David Hochberg is a fame whore?