PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Any of you cretins going?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Great Thread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boy, they are both pissing on Cubs fans and the game.

B&G had the same opinion of the game. Of course. It was a shit game. Bernstein's white ass and Goff's black ass were tired and didn't want to stay up that late to see a damn baseball game.

Goff said he fell asleep and his girl had to wake him up to see the end of the game. He also said "My ass has a baby. My ass is tired." Or something like that.

Goff used to be known as the guy that always reminds people that he's black. He's still that guy. But now he's also the guy that always has to remind people that he has a baby. And how hard it is to have a baby.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
B & G ripped into one of their early callers today (Ryan?) after he said he enjoyed watching the game last night. Goffer took the lead. You could hear Bernstein smiling through the radio beaming with pride.

The Cubs advance to the NLCS for the third straight year and B & G figure out a way to suck the enjoyment out of it.

Well done, fellas. The hate and indignation train rolls on! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I'm sure Mitch loves how this relationship is going with the team that they pay $10 MM per year to broadcast.

I guess they are bitter than the playoffs games from this point forward are all in the evening and thus can't give an artificial jolt to their afternoon ratings anymore.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spiegel got pissed at B&G in tranny for their negative attitude about the game. Accusing them of just doing a "put on" for effect to get a reaction. Goff got pissed at his old partner for that accusation.

I was always right about that. I called it when they were partners. Spiegel and Goff hate each other. Always have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm surprised they're talking about the game at all with that huge Bulls / Raptors preseason tilt to preview tonight

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'm sure Mitch loves how this relationship is going with the team that they pay $10 MM per year to broadcast.

I guess they are bitter than the playoffs games from this point forward are all in the evening and thus can't give an artificial jolt to their afternoon ratings anymore.

I was hoping the Cubs would lose the LDS so that most of the October book would be squarely on the shoulders of the talent. Maybe they'll get swept by the Dodgers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I'm surprised they're talking about the game at all with that huge Bulls / Raptors preseason tilt to preview tonight

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I'm surprised they're taking about the game at all with that huge Bulls / Raptors preseason tilt to preview tonight

What is Berntein's nom de plume when he wants to push Bulls talk into the show via email? Fully expect "him" to start making regular appearances on the show in the coming week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm shocked that Goff admitted to falling asleep during the game.

I don't think it's a big deal for talk show hosts missing regular season games for whatever reason.

But a Cubs elimination game in the MLB playoffs? Goff's sleeping. You think he's sleeping during the NBA Finals?

Christ, he's 36 years old and goes to work at 1pm. You can stay up. It's almost like he was boasting about not caring about baseball and the Cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I don't think it's a big deal for talk show hosts missing regular season games for whatever reason.

But a Cubs elimination game in the MLB playoffs? Goff's sleeping. You think he's sleeping during the NBA Finals?

Christ, he's 36 years old and goes to work at 1pm. You can stay up. It's almost like he was boasting about not caring about baseball and the Cubs.

ehhh new parent I can get it. Especially if his kid isn't sleeping through the night.

However, to berate people who like the game and shit all over it when they are your business partner. Not good. Isn't' Dan supposed to be aware on business matters like this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Beardown wrote:

ehhh new parent I can get it. Especially if his kid isn't sleeping through the night.

However, to berate people who like the game and shit all over it when they are your business partner. Not good. Isn't' Dan supposed to be aware on business matters like this?

Make a pot of coffee for a game 5 Cubs elimination game if you're a sports talk show host in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I'm shocked that Goff admitted to falling asleep during the game. It's almost like he was boasting about not caring about baseball and the Cubs.

Direct shot at Spiegel. Everybody knows how much Matt loves "baseball" and B & G pull that stuff to get under Spieg's skin. Unfortunately, he falls for it too often.

One of Spiegel's enduring qualities is his genuine passion and interest for all things baseball. I enjoy his adolescent type love for the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm assuming Mully and Hanley didn't fall asleep. They had to be on the air 5 hours after the game ended. And they're old ass crackers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Godfella wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm shocked that Goff admitted to falling asleep during the game. It's almost like he was boasting about not caring about baseball and the Cubs.

Direct shot at Spiegel. Everybody knows how much Matt loves "baseball" and B & G pull that stuff to get under Spieg's skin. Unfortunately, he falls for it too often.

One of Spiegel's enduring qualities is his genuine passion and interest for all things baseball. I enjoy his adolescent type love for the game.

Goff takes shots at Spiegel a lot ever since he went back to Bernstein's nest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Make a pot of coffee for a game 5 Cubs elimination game if you're a sports talk show host in Chicago.

With DVR technology, there's literally no difference between him watching the game in real time (or AT Real Time) versus this morning with his coffee. If he didn't tell you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

There's plenty about Goff to critique and even deride, but his preparedness for the show isn't really one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I'm assuming Mully and Hanley didn't fall asleep. They had to be on the air 5 hours after the game ended. And they're old ass crackers.

I believe one or both of them said that they never went to sleep after the game before coming in this morning?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Beardown wrote:

With DVR technology, there's literally no difference between him watching the game in real time (or AT Real Time) versus this morning with his coffee. If he didn't tell you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

There's plenty about Goff to critique and even deride, but his preparedness for the show isn't really one of them.

I don't think he prepares for baseball conversations. Bernstein handles that and he just agrees. Goff doesn't know or care about baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:16 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I believe one or both of them said that they never went to sleep after the game before coming in this morning?

That might have more to do with the sleep schedule of working in morning radio than it does loving the game of baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Beardown wrote:

That might have more to do with the sleep schedule of working in morning radio than it does loving the game of baseball.

Fair point. I only caught a few minutes of M & H this morning but I know Hanley was punchy and tired. He even admitted so after a couple minor verbal mistakes.

Edit: I remember Mully saying he wakes at 3 am and Brian gets up at 2 am everyday. Oofah.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Spiegel nailed it, though.

Bernstein was probably talking to Goff before the show. Told him his opinion. Goff, wanting to please the great one, went hand in hand with him in pissing on the game and the fans. It's all for reaction. With Goff, it's also about pretending to be too cool for stuff that everybody likes. He's always that way.

But once again, Goff is going to kiss the wife and feed the baby. He doesn't care. Did you guys know Goff has a baby?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 pm 

Listened earlier to today's transition, and both Goff and Bernstein were audibly miffed at Spiegel's insinuation that their matching takes on the Cubs game was shtick. In an odd way, I got the sense that Bernstein was the most put off by it, and his pushing Spiegel to explain himself felt almost like Dan was trying to gode Matt into saying something that might get him in trouble, as I assume that whatever Mitch's vision for the station, it does not include the host of one daypart show saying on air that another daypart host is a phony contrarian, especially not when the phony contrarian is Señor FOTS. That or Dan knows Matt, for all his bluster, will retreat from possible confrontation and strife whenever possible.

And yes, Jason was doing his best Dan Bernstein impersonation. The understudy is catching up to the leading man.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
I'm surprised they're taking about the game at all with that huge Bulls / Raptors preseason tilt to preview tonight

What is Berntein's nom de plume when he wants to push Bulls talk into the show via email? Fully expect "him" to start making regular appearances on the show in the coming week.

Isn't it Rudy?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 pm 

Chus wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Isn't it Rudy?

ehhhhh I cannot recall whether Rudy emails about basketball, but yeah Rudy's emails always seem to resonate with Dan and get on the air. I have a vague recollection of his Bulls character having a name more like "Yair" or something like that....and now I can't stop thinking about Bernstein's "ha-SHEEM tha-BEET" sound drop and that is the only like-sounding name that I'll be able to think of.

Maybe the guy I'm thinking of is a real dude, but he ALWAYS got in contact with the show via email, and always had thoughts that platformed off of Dan's just a little too perfectly.

EDIT: Amir, maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

It never occurred to me that the emailer was ghost written by Dan, but that makes a lot of sense. The emails were very eloquent, and the author had a middle-eastern name (Amir might be correct).

I think he also wore a hijab.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That or Dan knows Matt, for all his bluster, will retreat from possible confrontation and strife whenever possible.

Yeah, we've seen this time and time again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Dan & Terry crapped on the White Sox, their fans, Hawk Harrelson, and Kenny Williams for years while WSCR was partnered up with the Sox. A.J. Pierzynski, Scott Podsednik, Aaron Rowand, Carl Everett, ........ All of the years when the Cubs sucked Dan said very little about how bad they were. Dan wouldn't allow callers to talk badly about the Cubs. Now the Cubs are low hanging fruit.

Bernstein knows exactly what he's doing. For years Danny would make homophobic jokes and innuendos. But, as soon as Laura Ricketts became part owner of the Cubs Dan became the champion for Gay Rights. All in an effort to get the Cubs on WSCR. For years, Danny Berstein would tell black callers to stop looking for the Klansman under the bed. But, now with Jason as his partner, Danny is a civil rights activist. Dan would constantly sexually objectify women until the recent political climate change. Dan Berstein doesn't have a geniune bone in his body. The biggest piece of evidence is Dan's lack of friends. Bernstein's been on the Score for 30 years. I challenge any of you to name two close friends of his.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I was hoping the Cubs would lose the LDS so that most of the October book would be squarely on the shoulders of the talent. Maybe they'll get swept by the Dodgers.

do you have any numbers on how well the Score broadcast is doing versus the national broadcast on 1000?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

:lol: Obsession level at max!

I hope a sports team loses so a radio show I don't like but clearly still listen to gets exposed in the ratings!