It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
:roll: Get way the fuck over yourself. There is no relativistic absurdity here, and you are certainly not the arbiter of it. The existence of this place is absurd, as is the posting about talk radio shows, as is your critique of those who critique sports talk radio shows. It's all absurd, no sub-set more or less so than any other sub-set.
It's absurd to root for the Cubs to lose so the ratings are hurt on a sports radio show you don't like and either don't listen to or listen to and hate everything about it.

Actually I want the Cubs to lose as quickly as possible so there are as many ratings books as possible that are truly reflective of B&G's ability to cultivate, grow, and retain an audience as an ad hoc litmus test of whether my critique of the show is overly hyper-critical and unrealistic, or whether there are MANY more who agree with my feelings on the overall quality and content of the station's afternoon show. But yes, ultimately, it is absurd. So? What now?

At least you admit it.

As for "What now?", I suggest you find something you like better to listen to.

I hear "Pardon My Take" is good, though it seems to turn you into a zombie who exists solely to spread the word about it.

But why can't I keep talking about B&G?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm 

DAC wrote:
It's completely normal to enjoy a show and have it be part of your daily life and then bitterly complain when the show has become something you despise. I was a daily podcast listener to B&B since the time they started podcasting. It was my first listen everyday and something I looked forward to. That show was the biggest part of my daily entertainment across all levels. It pisses me off to now see what the show with Bernstein has become. So yes, I will continue to complain and take shots at the show. If I didn't care about what happened, I wouldn't post at all about it.
Well, it's time to move on because it isn't going to get better. I liked the show better a while ago too. It's ok. Times change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

It's dumb to either listen to a show you hate, or not listen to a show you hate and still talk about it. It's really dumb to hope a sports team loses so a show you hate doesn't do as well in the ratings.

Find a new show. You'll never like this one again and that is ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's dumb to either listen to a show you hate, or not listen to a show you hate and still talk about it. It's really dumb to hope a sports team loses so a show you hate doesn't do as well in the ratings.

Oh so now it's dumb? What about the exercise is dumb? Personally, I think I'm rather eloquent in my critiques of those guys, perhaps not to the level of Curious Hair, but I write pretty okie-doke.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh so now it's dumb? What about the exercise is dumb? Personally, I think I'm rather eloquent in my critiques of those guys, perhaps not to the level of Curious Hair, but I write pretty okie-doke.
Yes, it is dumb to root for a sports team to lose because there will be consequences to a sports radio show.

The show has problems. Some of them may never change. The fact is that if you don't enjoy 100% of the show then just stop listening or caring about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yes, it is dumb to root for a sports team to lose because there will be consequences to a sports radio show.

The show has problems. Some of them may never change. The fact is that if you don't enjoy 100% of the show then just stop listening or caring about it.

Saying something is dumb doesn't actually explain what about it that something is dumb. What makes what I'm doing dumb and what you're doing noble?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:06 pm 

Ok, it's not dumb to root for a sports team to lose so it hurts the ratings of a radio show you don't like. Sports radio is that important.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok, it's not dumb to root for a sports team to lose so it hurts the ratings of a radio show you don't like. Sports radio is that important.

Oh, ok. What changed your mind?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

YOU.ARE.PATHETIC. :roll: Dan WILL NEVER BE YOUR FRIEND RICK...GET OVER IT!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh, ok. What changed your mind?
You write pretty okie-dokie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
how fucking hard is it to put two not super annoying guys in a room to talking and joking about a variety of sports, beer, meat, man hobbies, etc. for 4 hours/day.

pretty fucking hard I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
I don't know who needs to get laid more....MISKA or BRick

(((Dave Miska)))‏ @thedavemiska 3h3 hours ago
More
The number of women posting today is staggering..I believe you all and stand with you..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm 

The customers are the sponsors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 pm 

Big Gunt wrote:
I don't know who needs to get laid more....MISKA or BRick

(((Dave Miska)))‏ @thedavemiska 3h3 hours ago
More
The number of women posting today is staggering..I believe you all and stand with you..

Score Is Doomed? Is that you buddy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The customers are the sponsors.

You can tell that they badly want to say "I pay your salary Bernstein!".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Get way the fuck over yourself.

Fine advice; who gave it to you and why do you ignore it?