It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I don't get it. Is this the business model Mitch Rosen approves of? Being mean to callers. I caught 5 minutes of B and G in the car and had to turn it off. A caller has an opinion and immediately Bernstein gets nasty. I know this isn't new, but it just pisses me off that Rosen allows this to continue. Nasty nasty nasty.... and these people are "loving liberals"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Seriously, move up the dial. Join us at WMVP 1000. If more people do it, the ratings tank and B&G are sent packing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Seriously, move up the dial. Join us at WMVP 1000. If more people do it, the ratings tank and B&G are sent packing.

Yup. Life is great there .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
blackhawksfan wrote:
I don't get it. Is this the business model Mitch Rosen approves of? Being mean to callers. I caught 5 minutes of B and G in the car and had to turn it off. A caller has an opinion and immediately Bernstein gets nasty. I know this isn't new, but it just pisses me off that Rosen allows this to continue. Nasty nasty nasty.... and these people are "loving liberals"

"The loudest man in the room is the weakest man in the room."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 pm 

Yeah, I just wish 1000 had a local morning team. I usually tune into Mully and Hanley and then either tune into Stern or listen to music the rest of the day. If someone like Danny Mac was at 1000 I probably would get in a habit of listening, but without it's kind of hard. Either way, I probably listen to 5 min of B and G for an entire month. Spiegs and Parkins is off and on. Parkins is beginning to annoy me lately though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm 

Customers?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Or listen to Speigel and Parkins and hockey podcasts. I don't even listen to Transition anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am 

Because he is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Because he is.

Yup.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Customers?

Words are meaningless when one's post is too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 am 

It is a great model when you need the bump from the Cubs and an extra hour to tie your competition in the ratings.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Because he is.

But it makes him an asshole too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Agreed. I can only handle this show for maybe 2 minutes. It's AM1000 except for Mully & Les or music.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I hear he is tough on his costumers too.

Dan flat out says the sponsors are his customers, not the listeners. At least he did a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Because hate listeners make up the majority of his audience.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:23 pm 

Chus wrote:

A fast shrinking audience.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm 

More of me, less of you

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick and Douchebag are clearly the same person. Sad!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:03 pm 

Chus wrote:

Tomorrow should be fun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
blackhawksfan wrote:
tune into Stern

How can anyone listen to stern in 2017? I tapped out after artie (the last vestige of humanity) left the show in.... Dec 2009? Dec 2010? And the very occasional bits and pieces I've heard over the last few years = thank God there's SIM Cards to deliver the future of radio, eh? 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
blackhawksfan wrote:

it's kind of sad they choose to troll folks here by pretending to still actually like listening to B&G. it's just not believable at this point

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am 

billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

it's kind of sad they choose to troll folks here by pretending to still actually like listening to B&G. it's just not believable at this point

It's sad so many won't admit they listen and enjoy it at times too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Im actually on your side of this board thing but god it is baaaaddd lately. Goff has completely lost it. He sounds more self conscience than Laurence at this point.

I dont like having to switch to Waddle and Silvy either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

It's sad the way you defend the show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:08 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Im actually on your side of this board thing but god it is baaaaddd lately. Goff has completely lost it. He sounds more self conscience than Laurence at this point.

No doubt. There are plenty of times I turn the show off too. It's especially hard for a guy that doesn't care about the Cubs at all.

I'm talking about the people who claim not to listen, have nothing good to say about the show at all, and yet constantly complain about it. It's like if you hated the show "According To Jim" but you then also complained about it every week. There comes a time when you just stop listening, talking about, and you find something better instead.

But hey, it's completely normal to root for the Cubs to lose so the B&G ratings will go down!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

No doubt. There are plenty of times I turn the show off too. It's especially hard for a guy that doesn't care about the Cubs at all.

I'm talking about the people who claim not to listen, have nothing good to say about the show at all, and yet constantly complain about it. It's like if you hated the show "According To Jim" but you then also complained about it every week. There comes a time when you just stop listening, talking about, and you find something better instead.

But hey, it's completely normal to root for the Cubs to lose so the B&G ratings will go down!

:roll: Get way the fuck over yourself. There is no relativistic absurdity here, and you are certainly not the arbiter of it. The existence of this place is absurd, as is the posting about talk radio shows, as is your critique of those who critique sports talk radio shows. It's all absurd, no sub-set more or less so than any other sub-set.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
:roll: Get way the fuck over yourself. There is no relativistic absurdity here, and you are certainly not the arbiter of it. The existence of this place is absurd, as is the posting about talk radio shows, as is your critique of those who critique sports talk radio shows. It's all absurd, no sub-set more or less so than any other sub-set.
It's absurd to root for the Cubs to lose so the ratings are hurt on a sports radio show you don't like and either don't listen to or listen to and hate everything about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's absurd to root for the Cubs to lose so the ratings are hurt on a sports radio show you don't like and either don't listen to or listen to and hate everything about it.

Actually I want the Cubs to lose as quickly as possible so there are as many ratings books as possible that are truly reflective of B&G's ability to cultivate, grow, and retain an audience as an ad hoc litmus test of whether my critique of the show is overly hyper-critical and unrealistic, or whether there are MANY more who agree with my feelings on the overall quality and content of the station's afternoon show. But yes, ultimately, it is absurd. So? What now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Actually I want the Cubs to lose as quickly as possible so there are as many ratings books as possible that are truly reflective of B&G's ability to cultivate, grow, and retain an audience as an ad hoc litmus test of whether my critique of the show is overly hyper-critical and unrealistic, or whether there are MANY more who agree with my feelings on the overall quality and content of the station's afternoon show. But yes, ultimately, it is absurd. So? What now?

At least you admit it.

As for "What now?", I suggest you find something you like better to listen to.

I hear "Pardon My Take" is good, though it seems to turn you into a zombie who exists solely to spread the word about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
billypootons wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

It's completely normal to enjoy a show and have it be part of your daily life and then bitterly complain when the show has become something you despise. I was a daily podcast listener to B&B since the time they started podcasting. It was my first listen everyday and something I looked forward to. That show was the biggest part of my daily entertainment across all levels. It pisses me off to now see what the show with Bernstein has become. So yes, I will continue to complain and take shots at the show. If I didn't care about what happened, I wouldn't post at all about it.

Last edited by DAC on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.