It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/17: Joe Maddon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
During transition Goff was talking about why he didn't like Joe Maddon's attitude during his press conference yesterday and said "The condescending laughter, the tone that the people asking the questions are beneath him."

Bernstein added "I wonder why Joe chose to make it more difficult than it needed to be?"

Inneresting...

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 10/17: Joe Maddon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
:lol: Oh my, the lack of self-awareness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Uh oh. Sounds like they are getting tips from the loud voices in the room. We have now approached the Maddon's shtick is getting old era.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
During transition Goff was talking about why he didn't like Joe Maddon's attitude during his press conference yesterday and said "The condescending laughter, the tone that the people asking the questions are beneath him."

Bernstein added "I wonder why Joe chose to make it more difficult than it needed to be?"

Inneresting...

Im sure Maddon being openly disdainful of the idiotic giggling Goff used to do when he and Spiegs had him on the weekly hit last year burned his ass too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I did love what Maddon said about social media, and Twitter in particular.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 pm 

Franky T wrote:

Me too.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 pm 

Franky T wrote:

It was just a dumb way to ask a question.

Many people are second guessing you on Twitter and social media

Just say "Many people" or "Many analysts". Saying people on Twitter gives him the out to make it about that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tad Queasy wrote:

Inneresting...

Marc Trestman.

This is what they do...elevate people to hero status so that eventually they can tear them down from a loftier place than they actually were...both cycles get more ears, both building up and tearing down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:53 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
This is what they do...elevate people to hero status so that eventually they can tear them down from a loftier place than they actually were...both cycles get more ears, both building up and tearing down.

Yup.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Franky T wrote:

Yeah, that must have really stung Dicaro and Goff and Bernstein who think Twitter is the be all, end all despite most people not giving a shit about Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 pm 

this is a perfect example of what is different between Terry and Jason.

Right now Dan's reading a "funny" story about the top ten baseball playoff players to wrestle a bear. Or something.

Terry would have spun this off into something equally funny, with a backstory of wrestling a bear himself.

Jason, on the other hand clearly doesn't know what to do or say to add to this, so he either alternatively laughs along or says something semi-serious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
City of Fools wrote:

Right now Dan's reading a "funny" story about the top ten baseball playoff players to wrestle a bear. Or something.

Terry would have spun this off into something equally funny, with a backstory of wrestling a bear himself.

Jason, on the other hand clearly doesn't know what to do or say to add to this, so he either alternatively laughs along or says something semi-serious.

No, Terry would have started to inadvertently emit sounds that make him sound like a real bear.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:03 pm 

Dan: Theo never promised you titles. He promised sustained competitiveness. (He might have used a word other than "competitiveness.")
Jason: If you get to the playoffs five times in seven years, what more can you ask for?

My, how things have changed from "Championships are all that matter!" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

No, Terry would have started to inadvertently emit sounds that make him sound like a real bear.

that sounds like something I would have found funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:04 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Dan: Theo never promised you titles. He promised sustained competitiveness. (He might have used a word other than "competitiveness.")
Jason: If you get to the playoffs five times in seven years, what more can you ask for?

how does this get you closer to a championship....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Inneresting...

Im sure Maddon being openly disdainful of the idiotic giggling Goff used to do when he and Spiegs had him on the weekly hit last year burned his ass too.

I think it was the first or second time ever with Joe, Goff started his snarky giggling garbage after Maddon answered a question. Joe seriously asked Jason, "What's so funny?". Jason shut up immediately. Spiegel broke the uncomfortable silence with an actual baseball question. Badrogue is right on the money... from that day forward, it was obvious that Maddon was not a fan of Goff and seemed to tolerate Spiegel at best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff has been extra "Laughy" today. Giggling like a mother fucker at any and everything.

I swear to God, I think he does smoke up before the shows. Not all the time. But the way he sounds today, he's gotta be high.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Have they come to the conclusion that there are no "great" managers yet? If not, maybe they can retell the story of TheoabdJed bringing a bottle of wine to Maddon's trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
And how many different ways did Maddon have to disagree with Spiegel & Harkins today about the Wade Davis question? :lol:

They basically asked him the same question several times-several different ways and he shot them both down every single time. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Tad Queasy wrote:

You are going to have to throw the word "optics" in there somewhere. Dan can't verbally execute a thought without using it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Beardown wrote:
Goff has been extra "Laughy" today. Giggling like a mother fucker at any and everything.

I swear to God, I think he does smoke up before the shows. Not all the time. But the way he sounds today, he's gotta be high.

He literally laughed at the news that Portis had sent Mirotic to the hospital. Then, he caught himself, and mumbled he shouldn’t be laughing about a guy getting injured. I can’t see how a guy getting sucker punched (as reported) is funny at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 am 

Heisenberg wrote:
Beardown wrote:

He literally laughed at the news that Portis had sent Mirotic to the hospital. Then, he caught himself, and mumbled he shouldn’t be laughing about a guy getting injured. I can’t see how a guy getting sucker punched (as reported) is funny at all.

Because the victim was a white guy he dislikes?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I laughed, too. Not that the fact he is injured, but just how big of a shit show the Bulls are.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 am 

pittmike wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I barely know who those two guys are but it's a laughable story regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I barely know who those two guys are but it's a laughable story regardless.

Being a “laughable story” and quite literally gawfawing over it are two different things. I personally don’t see how a guy’s face getting broken via a 250 lb power forward’s sucker punch is humorous. He could have ended his career.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 am 

It's not laughing like "hahaha" that guy got hurt. It's Hahaha, what a bunch of morons over there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
City of Fools wrote:

I happened to catch a later part of this where a texter asked Dan who from The Score radio station would be able to wrestle a bear. You know they were itching to mention Big Red, but they had to hold back. Goff ended up saying Mully would be the only one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:01 am 

Didn't Boers box a kangaroo?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The reports I've read have said it was a fight with both guys throwing punches. Portis just connected with his.