It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:02 pm 

Now that the Cubs are out of the playoffs, it is predicted that this show is in major danger. I guess we should enjoy the last few weeks or months of the show before we get the magic amazing show(hopefully, it's a Barstool show) that would replace it that everyone would love!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Now that the Cubs are out of the playoffs, it is predicted that this show is in major danger. I guess we should enjoy the last few weeks or months of the show before we get the magic amazing show(hopefully, it's a Barstool show) that would replace it that everyone would love!

Dr. Ken and JLN, weekdays 1-6 on The Score!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools on the air!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm 

Oh, now we get to hear the "they were TIRED. BECAUSE. OF. THE. TRAVEL. THEY. SAT. ON. A. TARMAC." excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Hmm interesting idea. Which two or three guys on this board would make the best sports talk show.....

Dr Ken is good for a podcast, but he digresses too much. I also find that he is always trying to guess a stat or other piece of information. I am not sure he would have staying power.

I think LTG would have to be in the mix. He will debate stuff until the end of time. I'd definitely give BR a shot. I think FF and IMU would good for an overnight show where the hosts are allowed to drink and smoke pot. Hockey Gay could be a guest on that one.

Frank, Chus, Ugie, Nas and Jorr all did well on the podcast. Frank has to be morning drive. Flapjacks with Frankie 5-9 AM.

Caller Bob would be an interesting wrinkle. I bet Ogie could do work. CH has thoughts but probably too shy for on air work.

JLN definitely has the voice and lots of thoughts. He is high energy. JLN and BR with a whipping boy on the side, maybe Hnd or HawaiiYou.

Oh this could be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm 

Oh, now we get to hear the "they were TIRED. BECAUSE. OF. THE. TRAVEL. THEY. SAT. ON. A. TARMAC." excuses.

The shoulda swept the Nats...that's your own fault.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I get that they were tired but that's a pretty shitty excuse. It's not like you are an o-lineman getting slammed into play after play. You spend half the game sitting in a dugout eating sunflower seeds. Only pitchers can play the tired card IMO and that has nothing to do with sitting on a fucking tarmac in a chartered plane.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I get that they were tired but that's a pretty shitty excuse. It's not like you are an o-lineman getting slammed into play after play. You spend half the game sitting in a dugout eating sunflower seeds. Only pitchers can play the tired card IMO and that has nothing to do with sitting on a fucking tarmac in a chartered plane.

"Oh but the WS hangover". LOL. The Dodgers only played one less series than the Cubs in 2016.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:22 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Hmm interesting idea. Which two or three guys on this board would make the best sports talk show.....

Dr Ken is good for a podcast, but he digresses too much. I also find that he is always trying to guess a stat or other piece of information. I am not sure he would have staying power.

I think LTG would have to be in the mix. He will debate stuff until the end of time. I'd definitely give BR a shot. I think FF and IMU would good for an overnight show where the hosts are allowed to drink and smoke pot. Hockey Gay could be a guest on that one.

Frank, Chus, Ugie, Nas and Jorr all did well on the podcast. Frank has to be morning drive. Flapjacks with Frankie 5-9 AM.

Caller Bob would be an interesting wrinkle. I bet Ogie could do work. CH has thoughts but probably too shy for on air work.

JLN definitely has the voice and lots of thoughts. He is high energy. JLN and BR with a whipping boy on the side, maybe Hnd or HawaiiYou.

Oh this could be fun.

All I know is none of you cretins would so much as sniff the air on my show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
denisdman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

"Oh but the WS hangover". LOL. The Dodgers only played one less series than the Cubs in 2016.

Yup. 7 less games and they wang whipped (outside of the 15 game losing streak) the league from start to finish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 pm 

Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Sarley & Flapjacks in the Morning 5-9
Frank and Sarley

Midday Battle 9:00-1:00
BR and JLN

Happy Hour Hitmen 1:00-5:00
Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

The Long Dinner Party 5:00-9:00
LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Pop goes the Hymen 12:00-12:15
Chas

The Good Doctor Overnights 12:15-5:00
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh this could be fun.

All I know is none of you cretins would so much as sniff the air on my show.

No, you need a foil like BRick. He is absolutely the perfect counter. You guys are natural PTI partners because it's genuine. You guys have infinite thoughts. You wouldn't even need production or preshow meetings. They'd turn the mics on, and it's off to the races.

Hopefully you're not blind to see the genius of BRick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Crock of fucking shit and makes them sound like they have zero heart. Gtfo .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Frank and Sarley

BR and JLN

Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Chas

Ken

This could work. Only tweek I would make would be to make it Chas and Chus from 12:00 to 12:20.

Then let Dr Ken take over at that point. Overnights would be great for all the Illini talk

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm 

RFDC wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Frank and Sarley

BR and JLN

Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Chas

Ken

This could work. Only tweek I would make would be to make it Chas and Chus from 12:00 to 12:20.

Then let Dr Ken take over at that point. Overnights would be great for all the Illini talk

Well, we'd have to change the name of that show.....I kind of thought my original name for it was funny (or sad).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Do NHL players use being tired as an excuse? Their regular season is half as long but the playoffs are longer and the sport itself is grueling while baseball is...not.

I have a hard time believing travel is ever a legitimate excuse for professional athletes since they fly on chartered jets and stay in 4- or 5-star hotels. It's not like they're piling into a dilapidated bus and staying in a motor lodge.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Doc has the pipes for overnights.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Do NHL players use being tired as an excuse? Their regular season is half as long but the playoffs are longer and the sport itself is grueling while baseball is...not.

I have a hard time believing travel is ever a legitimate excuse for professional athletes since they fly on chartered jets and stay in 4- or 5-star hotels. It's not like they're piling into a dilapidated bus and staying in a motor lodge.

Rozner did it all the time for the Hawks. Hockey is just way too many games. That needs to be a shorter regular season and only three rounds of playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Doc has the pipes for overnights.

Very smooth sound. I could see many an anxious fellow cuddling up to the radio to hear the sounds of Dr Ken.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

I think people have largely forgotten that the Dodgers played this series without possibly their best every day player. That is more of an impediment than fatigue.

I thought Dan was trumpeting how the Cubs are on the cutting edge of sleep study and its relation to performance

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I got dibs on "Chicago Sky Weekly," Sundays from 6-7AM when they're in season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Also don't forget Ugie with a golf show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
KDdidit wrote:
I got dibs on "Chicago Sky Weekly," Sundays from 6-7AM when they're in season.

with cohost Johnboi32, who loves talking about women's sports being ignored apparently never watches them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
denisdman wrote:
Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Frank and Sarley

BR and JLN

Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Chas

Ken

I would suggest a wrestling show on the weekend but one of the hosts would leave to join another station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Frank and Sarley

BR and JLN

Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Chas

Ken

You will not bury me in middays. I'm FOTS.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm 

JLN, you have no leverage. You’ll take middays or you’ll rot in podcast hell. KD gets whatever the fuck he wants.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm 

denisdman wrote:
JLN, you have no leverage. You’ll take middays or you’ll rot in podcast hell. KD gets whatever the fuck he wants.

Then I look forward to using the station as a stepping stone to bigger and better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I know people complain (including myself) about the topics and/or political/social stands that the show has taken, mostly ignorant and inaccurate stances.

However, regardless of the show's topics, I don't recall anyone saying the show will be replaced. Can you point out that example for me?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I know people complain (including myself) about the topics and/or political/social stands that the show has taken, mostly ignorant and inaccurate stances.

However, regardless of the show's topics, I don't recall anyone saying the show will be replaced. Can you point out that example for me?

Bernstein will always have his audience regardless of his partner. The show will always be above water because of it. But they could do so much better with somebody better than Goff. Goff uses Bernstein's status to behave like a weirdo and a jack ass. If Goff had a solo show, and needed to get an audience on his own, he wouldn't behave the way he does. Bernstein is Goff's crutch to act a fool every day. Why does Goff want to act a fool? I have no idea. He might be clinically insane. So I will always give him that benefit of the doubt. That constant laughing leads me to believe it might be so.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
denisdman wrote:
Chi-FAN 820 AM Line-up:

Frank and Sarley

BR and JLN

Caller Bob, Ogie and Nas

LTG and Vegan

Beer & Boobs 9-12
IMU and FF

Chas

Ken

Work 'Don's Den of Iniquity' in for an hour somewhere, maybe mid-middays (heyyyy where's my yellow notepad .... Harvey Wells, c'mere ......)