It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They were outraged about Timberlake?

Goff did seem quite upset at the seemingly disparate treatment of Janet Jackson vs Justin Timberlake after the half time show "equipment" malfunction.

Don't most people realize she got the worst of the treatment?

i think the concensus was that it was her idea. goff went all race crazy on it which may be a legitimate beef but he made it seem like that is all it is. nevermind she was on the back end of her career and timberlake was just getting started.

they could barely fill the floor of our local event center at the recent janet concert. he blamed her lack of recent success on the superbowl stunt. meanwhile everyone still loves justin.

thats all i know. i've not been up on the top 40 scene enough to know if white privilege exists there at early 1800 US levels too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They were outraged about Timberlake?

Goff did seem quite upset at the seemingly disparate treatment of Janet Jackson vs Justin Timberlake after the half time show "equipment" malfunction.

I caught that as well. And if I remember correctly, Goff afterward talked about how he liked Timberlake, but he started to say, and then caught himself, blaming Timberlake for black appropriation. It was very subtle and quick, and he didn't say anything further. Bernstein was quiet during most of it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Biggest problem with this show is that they spend way too much time trying to bait listeners with purposely over the top takes on things they know will annoy people.

Hard to listen too long to anything that's constantly putting effort into being annoying in the name of 'good radio' or 'the truth'. It's just stupid at the end of the day.

I currently have an hour commute home tho and try to hit them up only during guest spots (like having Hub on). I don't just straight up listen anymore like I used to tho. Is what it is, nothing lasts forever.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
NME wrote:
Biggest problem with this show is that they spend way too much time trying to bait listeners with purposely over the top takes on things they know will annoy people.

They do a great job of this.

My best advice is to find something that doesn't annoy you and make you PTFB. I can listen to any other show on the Score or W&S or Kaplan and be satisfied.