It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frankie Frequencies wrote:
You know it's coming. I haven't listened to this shitshow in forever, but based on the past month's shows you know they're going to go after this Bush story. Holy shit, what a trainwreck this show has become.

The real question for you is, how do you square "based on this past month's shows" with "in forever"? It really is ok to listen to the show and just say you don't like it. There aren't many good options, so we all understand. I give it the ride home everyday. I find it to be pretty poor and a tough listen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:21 am 

denisdman wrote:
You know it's coming. I haven't listened to this shitshow in forever, but based on the past month's shows you know they're going to go after this Bush story. Holy shit, what a trainwreck this show has become.

The real question for you is, how do you square "based on this past month's shows" with "in forever"? It really is ok to listen to the show and just say you don't like it. There aren't many good options, so we all understand. I give it the ride home everyday. I find it to be pretty poor and a tough listen.

:lol: Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:

Why then? I cut the cord completely months ago and haven't looked back. Is W&S always great? No, but they also do not aggravate me. Or I even sometimes listen to or read something else.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Why then? I cut the cord completely months ago and haven't looked back. Is W&S always great? No, but they also do not aggravate me. Or I even sometimes listen to or read something else.

It's a personal thing for me. When Goff first teamed with Bernsie, I committed on here to give the show a fair shot. I had given up on B&B during the Penn State stuff. I committed to come back especially because I have always liked Goff. Bernsie also made a favorable impression on me at the board outing.

Now, I have given the show a fair shake, and I am not pleased. But there aren't great alternatives. W&S is just meh.

By listening, I have a sound basis to comment and provide fair criticism. Rarely will you find me commenting about things where I am uninformed. I am quite honest about my blind spots with music and pop culture to the point where I look like a fool. I am an NBA novice too and hardly pay attention to college sports (oh but I check those Illini scores!).

Does that help?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 am 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It's a personal thing for me. When Goff first teamed with Bernsie, I committed on here to give the show a fair shot. I had given up on B&B during the Penn State stuff. I committed to come back especially because I have always liked Goff. Bernsie also made a favorable impression on me at the board outing.

Now, I have given the show a fair shake, and I am not pleased. But there aren't great alternatives. W&S is just meh.

By listening, I have a sound basis to comment and provide fair criticism. Rarely will you find me commenting about things where I am uninformed. I am quite honest about my blind spots with music and pop culture to the point where I look like a fool. I am an NBA novice too and hardly pay attention to college sports (oh but I check those Illini scores!).

Does that help?

Yeah, I always knew you were fair. I just wondered why you listen at all anymore if you do not like it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am 

denisdman wrote:

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 am 

PittMike's comments on today's show should be great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's not cool to laugh at your own mults, Rick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:
I committed to come back especially because I have always liked Goff. Bernsie also made a favorable impression on me at the board outing.

I've always liked Goff, hell, I listened to him online in Atlanta pitching Taco Mac or something. I've never met Bernsie but have heard good things from people that have.

Still, I am just not interested in listening. I did a couple weeks ago for a Cubs day or something when I posted a thread.

Sounds like it's not worth giving another go.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I committed to come back especially because I have always liked Goff. Bernsie also made a favorable impression on me at the board outing.

I've always liked Goff, hell, I listened to him online in Atlanta pitching Taco Mac or something. I've never met Bernsie but have heard good things from people that have.

Still, I am just not interested in listening. I did a couple weeks ago for a Cubs day or something when I posted a thread.

Sounds like it's not worth giving another go.

I can't recommend the show to anyone else right now, but I still listen.
It's got some basic, fixable things. Dan needs to drive the show, not Jason. Jason needs to only laugh at things that are funny.

They just really need to bring Terry back. Guy sounds rejuvenated on Mac's podcasts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
What kind of mindless asswipe, mult or otherwise, spends time posting about a show they purport to hate and not listen to - especially those that post as such to some degree of regularity?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bycracky? giggle giggle... table pound

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
What kind of mindless asswipe, mult or otherwise, spends time posting about a show they purport to hate and not listen to

PittMike
BadRogue
Tad Queasy
Score Is Doomed
Big Gunt
Curious Hair
Toxic Masculinity
Juiced
Juice's Lecture Notes
BD
Ogie Oglethorpe
Franky T
BlackhawksFan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
What kind of mindless asswipe, mult or otherwise, spends time posting about a show they purport to hate and not listen to

PittMike
BadRogue
Tad Queasy
Score Is Doomed
Big Gunt
Curious Hair
Toxic Masculinity
Juiced
Juice's Lecture Notes
BD
Ogie Oglethorpe
Franky T
BlackhawksFan

Spraying to all fields!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

Yeah , you guys understand ol’ Frankie is doing a bit right ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:18 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

PittMike
BadRogue
Tad Queasy
Score Is Doomed
Big Gunt
Curious Hair
Toxic Masculinity
Juiced
Juice's Lecture Notes
BD
Ogie Oglethorpe
Franky T
BlackhawksFan

Name 13 more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

PittMike
BadRogue
Tad Queasy
Score Is Doomed
Big Gunt
Curious Hair
Toxic Masculinity
Juiced
Juice's Lecture Notes
BD
Ogie Oglethorpe
Franky T
BlackhawksFan

I don't know why it is so difficult for some of you to differentiate between "I don't listen as much as I used to because (insert criticism)" and "I hate the show and never listen".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:20 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I doubt it. It reads about the same as a Score Is Doomed, Big Gunt, or BlackhawksFan post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

PittMike
BadRogue
Tad Queasy
Score Is Doomed
Big Gunt
Curious Hair
Toxic Masculinity
Juiced
Juice's Lecture Notes
BD
Ogie Oglethorpe
Franky T
BlackhawksFan

Name 13 more.

Nah, that's a fine collection of board super stars. It seems odd to lump the Gunt in with the Hair. But that is the board according to a Douchebag. Gotta give him credit for being specific.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:24 am 

I wish I had more time to take in all the great thoughts Douchebag has. :roll:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 am 

Is there anyone on the board who legitimately enjoys B&G and listens daily?

I may get tired of Dan and limit my intake, but I enjoy some of the guests.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
I wish I had more time to take in all the great thoughts Douchebag has. :roll:

When he finally has one , I’ll pm you.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:27 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I listen most days and enjoy the show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Do you enjoy it more or less than B&G?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:34 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I'm guessing you meant B&B, and I was always a big Terry fan so I don't enjoy it as much as I did B&B.

The biggest problem is I have a limit on how much national NBA talk I can handle and it is a very low limit so I often turn it off it's going to be a "Discuss John Wall day".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

I'm guessing you meant B&B, and I was always a big Terry fan so I don't enjoy it as much as I did B&B.

The biggest problem is I have a limit on how much national NBA talk I can handle and it is a very low limit so I often turn it off it's going to be a "Discuss John Wall day".

Yes I meant B&B.

I agree with your thoughts on national NBA talk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 am 

Rick was very complimentary of my thoughtful criticism of B & G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 am 

The show is decidedly better than B&B at the end. Goff actually watches sports daily and has informed opinions on current sports. All the other non-sense like off topics conversations and funny moments are secondary to the primary mission of sports talk.

Recall, B&B was delving into quasi social issues for a while, namely child rape and concussions. They did it to the point of exhaustion where I said no mas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Even if that were true, do a better bit.