It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:44 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
1:23 am @Jason1Goff: Just got pulled over. I asked if I did anything wrong. The police officer told me "not necessarily." What does that even mean?

1:37 am @Jason1Goff: Oh yeah...got asked if this was my car as well. Still waiting for the walk back.

1:44 am @Jason1Goff: We all good. Talk to y'all in the AM.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:01 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Goff is out cruising for something strange on the down low. Why else is he out at 1am with a young baby and fiance at home?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don't think it is unusual for a new dad to be out late at night getting diapers or children's Tylenol.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ron Wolfley wrote:
1:23 am @Jason1Goff: Just got pulled over. I asked if I did anything wrong. The police officer told me "not necessarily." What does that even mean?

1:37 am @Jason1Goff: Oh yeah...got asked if this was my car as well. Still waiting for the walk back.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Goff is out cruising for something strange on the down low. Why else is he out at 1am with a young baby and fiance at home?
Yeah, and posting about it on a public twitter account and likely talking about it on a radio show broadcast all over the city is a great way to stay on the "down low"? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He was scoping out Gar Forman's crib to see any signs of him signing the extension Goff said he signed a couple months ago.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
pittmike wrote:
I don't think it is unusual for a new dad to be out late at night getting diapers or children's Tylenol.

or cold and flu medicine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
It would be funny if both Speigel and Parkins find reasons to leave before transition today. Goff usually talks during most of a typical transition anyway, and if he's going to kick off VERY. IMPORTANT. RADIO. during transition with his tales of woe it's unlikely anyone else will get a word in edgewise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
It would be funny if both Speigel and Parkins find reasons to leave before transition today. Goff usually talks during most of a typical transition anyway, and if he's going to kick off VERY. IMPORTANT. RADIO. during transition with his tales of woe it's unlikely anyone else will get a word in edgewise.

Hey I’m just glad he survived this encounter with what he will surely characterize a racist cop. Lucky he didn’t get shot!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Hey I’m just glad he survived this encounter with what he will surely characterize a racist cop. Lucky he didn’t get shot!!

Baleeve Dat, Playa!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'm positive Goff will make every effort to discern whether there has been a rash of luxury SUV thefts of late and ultimately decide the stop was reasonable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am 

I've probably been pulled over like 15 times in my life (used to drive for work) and I've never been asked if the car I was driving was mine.

Ever happen to anyone here?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I've probably been pulled over like 15 times in my life (used to drive for work) and I've never been asked if the car I was driving was mine.

15 times ? I thought you were white ? Stop listening to that rap music in the car

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah. It's happened to me when I was driving a car titled in my wife's name (which is different than mine). "Just who is Mary Katharine Grabowski?" Asked in an accusatory fashion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not to make light of concerns but aren't all cops asking all people if their car is theirs when they ask for registration and insurance at every stop?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:36 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

15 times ? I thought you were white ? Stop listening to that rap music in the car

4 times my first year driving. Every 3rd car in Orland Park is a cop.

But yea, when I delivered pizzas, I drove like an asshole sometimes. I was never pulled over without a very good reason.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:37 am 

pittmike wrote:
Not to make light of concerns but aren't all cops asking all people if their car is theirs when they ask for registration and insurance at every stop?

They dont usually ask for registration anymore.

License and insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:

yes, once. I was driving a nice car that did not belong to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah. It's happened to me when I was driving a car titled in my wife's name (which is different than mine). "Just who is Mary Katharine Grabowski?" Asked in an accusatory fashion.

They ask all the time on Live PD.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

2-3 years ago when I was driving my grandma's car which had handicap plates. i thought it was a totally fair question

5-6 years ago driving on 465 at 3am to go back home for the summer from IU. supposedly a car similar to my dad's which i was driving was reported stolen. cop didn't notice my illinois plates? i dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

yes, once. I was driving a nice car that did not belong to me.

When I was 20 years old two friends and I drove out to the Meadowlands in New Jersey to bet a horse. This was before OTBs in Illinois and, of course, before Internet wagering. We drove a giant Lincoln Continental that belonged to one guy's father. We were getting gas (on Route 17 not far from where the Bada Bing was located in The Sopranos, although this was well before the show ever was even dreamed of) and self service wasn't allowed in New Jersey at the time. A kid about our age was pumping the gas and he said to my friend Mike who was driving, "How does it feel?" Mike was like, what the fuck? He said, "What?" The kid said, "Yeah, how does it feel to be driving daddy's car?" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
self service wasn't allowed in New Jersey at the time.

as of last year that is still the case. I was there on a visit, and through force of habit i got out and made like i was going to pump my own gas and a guy came flying out of the station freaking out that i had actually touched the handle. It felt weird having someone pump my gas while my wife and I just sat there. I think NJ is the last state that prohibits self serve gas.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Kirkwood wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

2-3 years ago when I was driving my grandma's car which had handicap plates. i thought it was a totally fair question

5-6 years ago driving on 465 at 3am to go back home for the summer from IU. supposedly a car similar to my dad's which i was driving was reported stolen. cop didn't notice my illinois plates? i dunno.

Pretty common practice if you are a competent car thief would be to throw bullshit plates on the car that is stolen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Same here, was the wife's car in her maiden name and they pulled me over because her license was expired. I asked the officer, why they pulled me over and he said we thought you where (my wife's name). I said, do I look like a middle aged black women! and he frowned and told me to have a nice day.

We live in a small town with a couple local reject hillbilly cops. One of these fucking nitwits told me there is more crime in our little town then in Aurora. I laughed at him and walked away.

They like to pull out their guns and kill the wildlife in the area. They sent a broadcast message from school that the officers had to shoot a wild wolf that was roaming around the school area. They said it was rabid. Two months later we read in the paper that it was not rabid :lol:

Then a couple months ago, I look out the window and see them shooting the geese in the field in front of my house. Granted those little bastards need to be shot for shitting and stopping traffic, but they shouldn't be taking target practice in the middle of the day. The newest thing is they hired a couple locals and gave them fucking guns to patrol the town. They are not official Cops just residents given some stupid made up name and a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Well, if you hand over registration with another driver's name, it's a pretty fair question.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:47 pm 

Ok, let me rephrase. Has anyone ever been asked who's car is this while driving their own car in their own name?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

I’ve gotten this response. It’s infuriating. Fuck cops

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

They dont usually ask for registration anymore.

License and insurance.

I've been pulled over 5+ times and have never been asked for registration.

It is as RPB says, license and insurance. And even the insurance wasn't 100% of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
man of few opinions wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
self service wasn't allowed in New Jersey at the time.

as of last year that is still the case. I was there on a visit, and through force of habit i got out and made like i was going to pump my own gas and a guy came flying out of the station freaking out that i had actually touched the handle. It felt weird having someone pump my gas while my wife and I just sat there. I think NJ is the last state that prohibits self serve gas.

Oregon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I was just in Oregon, for the second time. So weird. You have to get out to swipe your card, but good lord don't touch anything else at the pump. And then it was done (only filling a rental) but I had to wait for like 3 minutes for the one guy pumping all the gas to make it back to my car. As I was trying to get back to the airport for my flight. What a waste. But people there defend it. "It creates jobs."