It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 am 

We must protect Ted Phillips! Protect Ted Phillips!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, in transition yesterday Dan was explaining all the things Ted Phillips definitely doesn't get involved in. Said there was a time when Ted was involved in football but now doesn't even know who the players are. I found this reminiscent of the Tony La Russa defense: no, he doesn't have anything to do with rampant steroid use on his A's and Cardinals teams, he's just an oblivious dipshit! I'm sure Ted thanks you for your help, Dan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bernstein just taking a pro phillips stance as a bit that riles up angry bears callers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, in transition yesterday Dan was explaining all the things Ted Phillips definitely doesn't get involved in. Said there was a time when Ted was involved in football but now doesn't even know who the players are.

If that were the case, then Phillips should judge Pace and Fox solely by their record on the field -- and fire their asses. But of course, it's not true. Pace cannot fire Fox without Phillips' approval. Pace could not cut Cutler without Phillips' approval. Heck, Phillips probably told Pace to cut Gould to save money and get rid of a union advocate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
billypootons wrote:
bernstein just taking a pro phillips stance as a bit that riles up angry bears callers.

you can tell by the way he springs to his defense, that's not the case. Ted must have something to do with Dan's source(es). That's all I can figure. Dan clearly carries water for Ted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Yesterday Dan asked Greg Gabriel if Ryan Pace would have to go to ownership to get the ok to fire John Fox. Greg said that he definitely would need to run it by ownership. If that were a caller, Dan would have cut him off and given him a smarmy response. He must have been quietly fuming that Gabriel thought so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I said this here before but all but a small select few of GMs can unilaterally eat contracts worth millions without at least a head up to the higher ups.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
pittmike wrote:
I said this here before but all but a small select few of GMs can unilaterally eat contracts worth millions without at least a head up to the higher ups.

correct.

Having had a few conversations (not long ones) with George McCaskey, I can assure you that he knows he isn't a football expert and also stays out of football decisions. That tells me that Ernie was a Teddy hire.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Bernstein likes Ted because he always gives Dan a reach around when they're done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
City of Fools wrote:
billypootons wrote:

you can tell by the way he springs to his defense, that's not the case. Ted must have something to do with Dan's source(es). That's all I can figure. Dan clearly carries water for Ted.

Yeah just cause Dan likes riling up callers does not mean that everything he does that riles up callers is because he intended to do so.