It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I shit you not. That is Dan Bernstein's stance today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol:

I missed this story. What's the scoop here?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Tom Savage was clocked good on a play, to the point where he exhibited the Fencing Response as he went to the ground. No flag, and Savage stayed in the game after being checked out in the medical tent for a concussion. Bernstein contends that the only reason Savage was pulled later in the game was because of injury-conscious fans on Twitter who alerted team officials to Savage's actions after the hit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm 

Given the other threads on this topic, I estimate that at least 5 of us, so far, have been caught listening to Bernstein & Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Bernstein contends that the only reason Savage was pulled later in the game was because of injury-conscious fans on Twitter who alerted team officials to Savage's actions after the hit.

I didn't watch that game but I saw the news report on it.

It seems like Bernstein is probably correct. Either Twitter or the announcers discussing it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bernstein contends that the only reason Savage was pulled later in the game was because of injury-conscious fans on Twitter who alerted team officials to Savage's actions after the hit.

Is it possible that the team's medical staff evaluated him (independent of Twitter) and determined he should not continue to play?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Tom Savage was clocked good on a play, to the point where he exhibited the Fencing Response as he went to the ground. No flag, and Savage stayed in the game after being checked out in the medical tent for a concussion. Bernstein contends that the only reason Savage was pulled later in the game was because of injury-conscious fans on Twitter who alerted team officials to Savage's actions after the hit.

Thanks.

It shows how little I care/know about CTE/concussion related news that I had to google 'fencing response' :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:

Is it possible that the team's medical staff evaluated him (independent of Twitter) and determined he should not continue to play?

The contention is that they only took a second look and determined his brain was mush only because of the swarm of fans' tweets shaming them into doing them so.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Goff breaking stories again! Maybe not.

During transition Goff was being all smug and said Bill O'Brien would be fired because Deshaun Watson heard he didn't want to draft him. Said something like "Bill O'Brien can get his ass up outta here too".

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet

#Texans coach Bill O’Brien says he wants to be back in Houston next year, that he loves coaches these players and working with these coaches. ... I’m thinking having Deshaun Watson back will be nice, too.

Quote:
Deshaun Watson‏Verified account @deshaunwatson
Follow Follow @deshaunwatson

More Deshaun Watson Retweeted Ian Rapoport
& I want OB with me! 100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
In the preseason Bill OBrien thought Tom Savage was better than Deshaun Watson, and QB is ostensibly his specialty. I’d fire him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
In the preseason Bill OBrien thought Tom Savage was better than Deshaun Watson, and QB is ostensibly his specialty. I’d fire him.

He thought he was better prepared to start week 1. That's not the same as thinking he's a better QB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:42 pm 

Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He thought he was better prepared to start week 1. That's not the same as thinking he's a better QB.

It’s not the same but its just as big an indication that he doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It’s not the same but its just as big an indication that he doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.

Either does Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He has a pretty good track record as a head coach.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He has a pretty good track record as a head coach.

His best quality is always said to be QB development, and yet he’s been in charge of several very talented Houston teams who all underachieved due to subpar QB play. His track record as a NFL head coach is unimpressive.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Isn’t he Penn state dirty?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Isn’t he Penn state dirty?

We’re all Penn St dirty, Mike.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.