It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff says white people are mad about it. Goff is mad at the angry white people. I'm with Goff. White people suck. It's a good thing.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-sports-teams-put-up-1-million-to-fight-citys-gun-violence/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Now Bernstein is saying that privileged white people don't give time or money to black people problems.

He says that, as a privileged white, that never gives time or money to black people problems.

In fact, Bernstein once had this suggestion for people living in Englewood: "Why don't they just move?"

I know. He's evolved. Now he cares. But he still isn't giving time or money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Beardown wrote:
Goff says white people are mad about it. Goff is mad at the angry white people. I'm with Goff. White people suck. It's a good thing.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/chicago-sports-teams-put-up-1-million-to-fight-citys-gun-violence/

Interesting. Spiegal and Parkins discussed this during their show in detail. They were positive and made no mention of angry white people.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Beardown wrote:
In fact, Bernstein once had this suggestion for people living in Englewood: "Why don't they just move?"

Did he really say this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did he really say this?

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm 

Rough start. Had the race talk in transition. Then went into Goff reliving Friday's remote and beefing with some drunk guy. Now they are discussing milk and gas prices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did he really say this?

perhaps not verbatim, but close to it. Can DB or BRick jump in to confirm the "great show" evolved on this topic?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
bad show today huh?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I'm asking Santa to give us Goff fighting a drunk at a remote for Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
bad show today huh?

When isn't it?

I got in my vehicle around 1:40 to the sound of Goff cackling about something. I nearly broke my finger pushing the fucking button.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
bad show today huh?

When isn't it?

I got in my vehicle around 1:40 to the sound of Goff cackling about something. I nearly broke my finger pushing the fucking button.

Weird how your radio is always accidentally set to the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:11 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
bad show today huh?

When isn't it?

LOL- that's weird? When I drive I often listen to talk radio. I listened to M&M on the way to work this morning and I didn't turn off the radio when I got in this afternoon.

Why do so many people on this forum want to play "gotcha"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
DAC wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
DAC wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
bad show today huh?

When isn't it?

LOL- that's weird? When I drive I often listen to talk radio. I listened to M&M on the way to work this morning and I didn't turn off the radio when I got in this afternoon.

Why do so many people on this forum want to play "gotcha"?

Because we love you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Interesting. Spiegal and Parkins discussed this during their show in detail. They were positive and made no mention of angry white people.

Ehhh Parkins got close to saying that white people north of the river don't really care to support poor blacks in that area of the city, and even gave an anecdote wherein he was told by someone upon arrival at the station that white listeners will support causes that can't or won't be politicized, hinting closely at black-centric charities/causes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Ehhh Parkins got close to saying that white people north of the river don't really care to support poor blacks in that area of the city, and even gave an anecdote wherein he was told by someone upon arrival at the station that white listeners will support causes that can't or won't be politicized, hinting closely at black-centric charities/causes.

I don't mind them saying white people don't care. It's true for a lot of whites. But I want to hear what the privileged Parkins and Bernstein do to help. They should tell people what they do if they're gonna go after their fellow whites. The answer is that they don't do a god damn thing to help, I'm sure. That's my point.

They both think that crying about Chicago's gun violence on the air is enough. And criticizing other whites that don't help while they don't as well. That's enough in their minds. They've done their jobs. It makes them feel good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
billypootons wrote:
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did he really say this?

perhaps not verbatim, but close to it. Can DB or BRick jump in to confirm the "great show" evolved on this topic?

Yeah, that happened. To be fair, he said it in more of a curious tone than a dick-headed tone. More like “I don’t understand why they don’t just move to safer neighborhoods?” It was pretty funny.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
billypootons wrote:
tommy wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Did he really say this?

Yeah, that happened. To be fair, he said it in more of a curious tone than a dick-headed tone. More like “I don’t understand why they don’t just move to safer neighborhoods?” It was pretty funny.

What he was thinking while he said it was "Just not to my neighborhood."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I don't mind them saying white people don't care. It's true for a lot of whites. But I want to hear what the privileged Parkins and Bernstein do to help. They should tell people what they do if they're gonna go after their fellow whites. The answer is that they don't do a god damn thing to help, I'm sure. That's my point.

They both think that crying about Chicago's gun violence on the air is enough. And criticizing other whites that don't help while they don't as well. That's enough in their minds. They've done their jobs. It makes them feel good.

Parkins and Spiegel both say they're "using our voice and platform to make sure this doesn't get forgotten" which is like writing your parents a poem for Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Parkins and Spiegel both say they're "using our voice and platform to make sure this doesn't get forgotten" which is like writing your parents a poem for Christmas.

Right. Parkins goes home and gambles $200 a night on sports. Bernstein goes home and buys $200 of wine on line. Spiegel pays $500 for a massage and a happy ending for his fat ass (god bless the girl that has to do this). They don't donate a god damn thing to a cause. But they cry about it on the radio. They act sad about it. Then they make fun of the white truck driver that doesn't care or donate.

They're grand standing ass holes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 am 

Bernstein isn't paying for his unlabeled wine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't understand what's to be mad about if teams are donating money to this cause. They donate money to lots of causes. Are there people out there in favor of gun violence?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 pm 

Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Beardown wrote:

What should white people do? I would suspect that a majority of white folks would prefer that the gun violence didn't occur but what specifically are we supposed to do about the problem? Send someone a check? Is being concerned not enough?

I had this conversation with an African American college freshman a couple months back. He's a smart, respectful kid and I was interested in his opinion. He said that it was a topic in a class he was taking and that the consensus was that unless you do something, you don't care. Saying that you care is not enough. I disagreed with this. When I asked him what I should do to help, he had no response.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
What does the money actually go towards? Is it towards hiring a lecturer to come and educate people not to shoot each other or something? Help me out here